Expectant owner

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

Old Grinner
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Re: Expectant owner

Post by Old Grinner »

I'm actually going to toss out my old Open Face HJC. It's had it's day and the liner has been cleaned more than once. I got my years of use out of it.

Today was a nice warm day and I ran a couple of errands to use it for the last time . . .. I will save the sun visor though.

Without going into a long story about what I saw happen yesterday at an intersection it just convinced me that the "stupid people" are continuing to grow in numbers at a dramatic rate and there is no stopping them.

And then there are the growing numbers of moose and deer popping up more and more in residential areas.

So I'll keep the vents open in my Full Face helmets when it's warm and deal with it.

I do have a modular HJC which I can always open and shut in a line of stalled traffic if need be.

The brain is the control center, you need to eat, breath, and seeing is believing. It's a good idea to keep all that in working order. You can get a broken arm, leg, ribs, etc. . . and they can eventually heal but the head is crucial. If you lose control of yourself you are in for a real sad trip the rest of your life. :roll:

Just my two cents worth . . ..

Safety first is becoming more of a necessity than wishful thinking IMHO. :geek:
vito
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2019
Color: silver

Re: Expectant owner

Post by vito »

I'm a new PCX owner myself, with just about 200 miles on the odometer. I've mostly worn a 3/4 helmet from Bell, and found that the wind factor is not a real problem until I get up to about 50 mph. When going 50 or more, I just pull down the clear visor to help block the wind, then pop it back up when I am riding at a lower speed.
U.S. Army retired
Former MSF Instructor
Fully retired!
2019 Honda PCX150
2021 Can Am Spyder RT