my pcx stalls when I open the throttle(once a time per 200km

Having trouble? Need more info on something mechanical? Ask here!

Moderator: Modsquad

babisbabou
Year: 2011
Color: black

Re: my pcx stalls when I open the throttle(once a time per 2

Post by babisbabou »

Coasting wrote:
babisbabou wrote:well NO the speedo does not stop at 99k,i guess at 999k.

It can idicate 500.000km for example
Ah - OK - mine stops at 99,999. that's strange!!!, are you really sure?

I'd be interested to know a couple of things if you don't mind? What's your oil consumption history like and have you had to replace any wheel or engine bearings?

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=8565&p=145234#p145234

check the last post on this one!

no front wheel ball bearings changed, yet, the rear wheel does not have any!
pcx 125 2011

enjoy :

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_KVkpi14REk[/youtube]
Coasting
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2014

Post by Coasting »

babisbabou wrote:that's strange!!!, are you really sure?
Turns out I was wrong about that - I thought I'd read it in the manual. When my dealer said that 30,000km was "really high mileage" for a scooter I'd probably misprogrammed my brain to think that the odo topped out at 99,999 when I read 990,000.

Thanks for the info - I'm just trying to get a feel for what I might be in for in the future. I can rebuild the transmission with my eyes closed - so it sounds like the "gnarly stuff" is probably just a new piston & rings (maybe cylinder) when it starts burning too much oil. My oil consumption seems to be all over the place at the moment; I put in 800ml when I changed the oil and 600km later it doesn't appear to have changed - and yet at other times an additional 50ml of oil barely lasts 200km.
babisbabou

Post by babisbabou »

What i found out is that honda changed the piston oil ring seat on the piston with some new holes in the piston, just like it should have been from the start...for example my piston was clogged there and the oil seal on the piston was stack and that was the main reason for the excess oil burn. I did not change the cylinder cause it was OK with NO wear and tear ! The transmission is not difficult to do, just pain in the ass hahaha
pcx 125 2011

enjoy :

Coasting
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2014

Post by Coasting »

babisbabou wrote:What i found out is that honda changed the piston oil ring seat on the piston with some new holes in the piston, just like it should have been from the start...for example my piston was clogged there and the oil seal on the piston was stack and that was the main reason for the excess oil burn. I did not change the cylinder cause it was OK with NO wear and tear ! The transmission is not difficult to do, just pain in the ass hahaha
Thanks.

I would have thought that the transmission was at least 100 times easier than a piston!
babisbabou

Post by babisbabou »

If you have the right tools eberything is easier, but as an amature you do not always have all the proper tools.
pcx 125 2011

enjoy :