Decisions, decisions...(new guy)

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

Bash On!
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Re: Decisions, decisions...(new guy)

Post by Bash On! »

First mod I got was the rack. Very useful. Required for a top case or for strapping on items that won't fit elsewhere.

Regarding the windshield, I like the stock one. But in 100-degree F + weather, I'm looking for max airflow. You may not have that issue up north. Ride it for a bit before you order a bunch of stuff.
2013 PCX 150 [now an ex-bike, soon to be consigned to the bottom line of the sig]
2013 Silver Wing ABS (Black)
1971 BMW R75/5 (White)
Too many ex-bikes to list, and, besides, who really cares what we used to own?
RRocket

Post by RRocket »

New addition to the garage!

foggyhelmet
Regular User
Regular User

Post by foggyhelmet »

RRocket wrote:My only concern is...will I get bored with it. I don't think so...but having never owned something so small, the thought has crossed my mind.

But as others have mentioned, I do find it fun and sooo easy to ride. So easy in fact, I seemed to enjoy the scenery a bit more than I had in years.
Boredom's not an issue. The 150 is highway legal but you must be patient with acceleration. It's got pop, but it is more geared toward 0 to 45 than it is 0 to 70.

Suspension/Power are the only two considerations. Spending nothing on gas is the big counterbalance.
dkazzed
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: N/A

Post by dkazzed »

Hey RRocket!
foggyhelmet wrote:Boredom's not an issue. The 150 is highway legal but you must be patient with acceleration. It's got pop, but it is more geared toward 0 to 45 than it is 0 to 70.
No amount of gearing will help any 125/150 in the 45-70 range, regardless if it's CVT or manual. I had a CBR 125R, with a 0-35 of about 5 seconds, 0-50 of about 10 seconds, and 0-60 in 20 seconds, redlining the crap out of that poor 13HP engine. Doing 70mph relied on having no head wind or doing a race tuck.
Valiant wrote: I think that largely depends on how many backroads you have, whether or not you need to go on the highway, and whether or not you enjoy shifting gears.
He's had fast bikes in the past and he has a Porsche now, I think he's covered for speed. :D
2015 Honda CB300F ABS
sonex825
Year: 2015
Color: White

Post by sonex825 »

Don't feel too bad. I am moving from a`2004 Goldwing GL1800 to a 2015 PCX150 and couldn't be more excited. I pick it up tomorrow. I love the Goldwing but I want something more nimble, spritely, and fun around town. Plus the mileage is a bit better. I am sure the snooty riders will no longer bother me with waving since I am a lowly scooter now, screw em!

Eric
honkerman
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2013
Color: Black

Post by honkerman »

sonex825 wrote:I am sure the snooty riders will no longer bother me with waving since I am a lowly scooter now, screw em!

Eric
We want the bar pirates to keep their hands on the handgrips anyway. Safer for the rest of us...or maybe not.
Paul Smith
scootinfool.blogspot.com
Scootin' Fool on YouTube
Lancaster County Pennsylvania
2013 Honda PCX-150 (Angry Hornet) - Leo Vince Corsa Exhaust, NCY Variator (13g Rollers), NCY shocks, Givi D322S windscreen, NCY drum brake actuator arm, Denali Soundbomb mini horn
2006 Piaggio Beverly 250 (Rosa)