It's Raining......

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Re: It's Raining......

Post by WhiteNoise »

Might be too early for popcorn but I gots it and viewed your first vid Mel! I bet you were excited to SEE it Worked! Cheers to that! A bit loud, a bit fuzzy and your exhaust had me asking, Is that our stock can noise?
Traffic? Oh my Gosh, I saw plenty of that. Shame we have no where to go in our bigger cities without travelling through the muc n mire first. I too remember the days of empty-ish roads. Sigh, we lost all that. What hour of the day did you record this?

Here's an interesting question for you/anyone, Where do you ride within your lane? Left, right or center?
Please Elaborate :D

I'm 1/2 way thru the corn now. Will save the rest for me "Sat night at the movies!"
Thanks Mel for sharing yours! You'll get it near perfect next time...I'm sure! ;)
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

WhiteNoise wrote:Might be too early for popcorn but I gots it and viewed your first vid Mel! I bet you were excited to SEE it Worked! Cheers to that! A bit loud, a bit fuzzy and your exhaust had me asking, Is that our stock can noise?
Traffic? Oh my Gosh, I saw plenty of that. Shame we have no where to go in our bigger cities without travelling through the muc n mire first. I too remember the days of empty-ish roads. Sigh, we lost all that. What hour of the day did you record this?

Here's an interesting question for you/anyone, Where do you ride within your lane? Left, right or center?
Please Elaborate :D

I'm 1/2 way thru the corn now. Will save the rest for me "Sat night at the movies!"
Thanks Mel for sharing yours! You'll get it near perfect next time...I'm sure! ;)

Right (your left). Never ride in the gutter.
Ganglylamb
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2016 - 125cc
Color: White (NHA16)

Post by Ganglylamb »

1/3 from center or separator line (do not know of that is proper English), so on left side of lane. Forces the cars to overtake you properly instead of pushing you off the road. They can also spot you easier, that is if they are not watching their phones :roll: . If another two wheel contraption rides in front of me i make sure i am not directly behind it. All makes sense i guess...
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: red PCX

Post by Mel46 »

Yes, in the United States the vehicles ride on the right hand side of the road, which means that the driver and steering are on the left side of the vehicle. When I ride I try to be visible to his left outside mirror. Sometimes that is too dangerous, so then I shift to the center of his back window area so that he will always see me.

What is dangerous about riding close to the center line?? Well, let me think.

Oh, how about 80 year old drivers who take their half out of the middle and think the yellow lines are to be lined up with in any fashion they think will get them to where they want to go.

Also, there are the 'Text while Driving is still OK' group.

Then there are those young people who seem to have been taught by grandma that they need to line up their left wheel with the yellow line on their left, which puts their fender and mirror right where I might be.

I try to look ahead, and if I see any of those possible situations unfolding, I move to the center of the particular side that I am on, so that the driver ahead of me knows that I am still there.

Trucks are the toughest problem. I try to always stay in their view.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
Old Grinner
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Old Grinner »

FLASH, CRASH, BBBBOOOOOOoooooommmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. . .I'll say it's raining and then some!

Wow. . .it hasn't rained here in a while. The ground can't absorb the water fast enough. . .lots of ponding.

It's the silence and perception of drops now after that last clash that woke my cat up.

Waiting for the next one. . ..

Just heard thunder scratching at the sky in the distance.

Now it's rolling thunder. . ..

I think I'll be signing off. o_O
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

6:30 - 8pm Badda-Bing-Badda-BOOM!
"Lightning Striking Again and Again and Again and Again...."

Same here neighbor! What a performance! One strike connecting to the next strike! Bright? You'd swear the sun was out. The thunder? Earthshaking. What a performance. God's Freebie Concert #2018.
Oh and Lights flickered, whilst my dinner went round n round in the microwave. "Geez, Don't lose power! Not now?!"

The storm ended at 8pm as predicted, (kudos to weather folks, they got it right this time)!
This one surely reminded me of days in Florida. It would just sit and hover above shooting out hail "like tennis balls on speed" during practice. Bouncing off everything! Noisy, a bit unnerving.
No hail for us this storm (uh, I think :roll: )

Saw some branches today lying on the roads. Keeping our town's keepers busy.

Reminder: We're not done with our Hurricane Season yet. "It ain't over till the fat lady sings!"
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
Old Grinner
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Old Grinner »

"It ain't over till the fat lady sings!"
And her name is Florence! ;)
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Mel46 »

WN, that was my muffler you heard. It is getting a little loud now. I don't mind because cars MAY be able to hear me. I have a setting on the dashcam that allows me to turn off sound. I think I will from now on...after I get my battery back up. I came out yesterday to a dead battery, so the dashcam must be drawing current even when it is off. I will have to come up with a way to disconnect it when not riding. Right now that means going under the seat, but I bought something that can be attached to the outside. I may have to install it.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

GeorgeSK
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 13PCX,15Forza
Color: Both Red

Post by GeorgeSK »

Could you put it in line with one of the myriad of extra lights so you simply have a switch?
On my scoot, getting there is WAY more than half the fun!

Please paste this address into a new tab and add yourself to the map: https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=1NlP7xk7KMdJReQnm-iDhldFBdpQ&ll=4.995760578398276%2C0&z=2
but please, don't delete anybody, no matter how badly they deserve deleting :)
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

Mel46 wrote:WN, that was my muffler you heard. It is getting a little loud now. I don't mind because cars MAY be able to hear me. I have a setting on the dashcam that allows me to turn off sound. I think I will from now on...after I get my battery back up. I came out yesterday to a dead battery, so the dashcam must be drawing current even when it is off. I will have to come up with a way to disconnect it when not riding. Right now that means going under the seat, but I bought something that can be attached to the outside. I may have to install it.

Wire it to the switched side of the ignition rather than the unswitched or direct to the battery?
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Mel46 »

I think both of you are to something. It runs from a USB port, so I will need to find one that I can connect in one of those two ways. Thanks.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

big bear
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2016
Color: silver

Post by big bear »

its suppose to rain for 3 days where i live i wont get to ride the pcx but i can ride my atvs in the woods with my rain gear on
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

Mel46 wrote:I think both of you are to something. It runs from a USB port, so I will need to find one that I can connect in one of those two ways. Thanks.

You can buy USB adapters (used over here for dash cams etc), I think I'd buy one of those and hook into an ignition switched live.
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Mel46 »

All of them that I see on Amazon look like they either plug into the Battery Tender cable, like I have right now, or connect directly to the battery just like the Battery Tender leads. I may be forced to purchase one of those and strip the leads so that I can tap them into the rest of the wiring.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

Mel46 wrote:All of them that I see on Amazon look like they either plug into the Battery Tender cable, like I have right now, or connect directly to the battery just like the Battery Tender leads. I may be forced to purchase one of those and strip the leads so that I can tap them into the rest of the wiring.

It's a female USB 2. 0 power lead you need
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

@ big bear, and it's all coming true! Having all that! and More of that! "Slip Sliding Away"
And..
@ Old Grinner, Florence is nearing. Appears she'll be landing somewhere between South Carolina, North Carolina and Virginia as a possible Cat4 o_O I'm watching the news ...folks are prepping and collecting sand bags. I hope they place them and get outta Dodge before she lands on home turf.
This won't be pretty. I pray Flo snubs her nose, and heads out to sea.
@ Mel, oh okay I hear ya. So, no tinkering down in the lab? lol Just yer noisey stock muffler - Cool! That cost ya nuttin' :P
big bear
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2016
Color: silver

Post by big bear »

its going on 3 days now and its still raining
Old Grinner
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Old Grinner »

And another glorious day of inches of rain and then some. . .. :roll:

I feel sorry for those folks south of the Mason Dixon Line who are going to be getting another onslaught of the water demon soon. o_O

That said for those with nothing to do today this video is very interesting and depicts remains and stories about what happened with old abandoned popular movie sets. 8)

WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

Cellphone to the left of me lights up - Alarm signals with Alert of Severe Flooding in our area till 8pm.
So yeah, it's Raining!! Uh, who's at the helm?
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

Still sunny here :D

Best summer ever