Hear Ye, Hear Ye....Decision Made!

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

pcxpower
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2015
Color: White

Re: Hear Ye, Hear Ye....Decision Made!

Post by pcxpower »

WhiteNoise wrote:Some folks were curious about the New Service Manual, I know I was. Didn't know how Honda was going to handle this. Now I know. Picked my copy up yesterday, a 2013-2015 (Shared years) Svc. Manual (the one Honda uses).
Here's a pic of the Manual itself, and also a page from it showing you How plastic was removed "After 2013 model" and on "the 2013 model."
Thank you very much, as always, for the very useful information that you share with us and, speaking about the service manual for this scooter, I have a question for you, lucky owner of the 2013-2015 manual :D :D :D :D :D

Could you please have a look at the "panel removal chart" page in the new manual that refers to order of removal of panels, and verify if it is like the old one that some forum user (I do not remember who?) graciously shared with us?

If it is different, or you think that it would be better to refer to the newer version, perhaps you could scan it, or take a good resolution picture, and share it with us? We, and our scooter's body panels tabs would be extremely happy and thankful!!! ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

Note: I have had to reduce the height of the scan that I have uploaded to 768 pixels, as the forum does not allow to post bigger images, but if you scan/photograph it, please use as high resolution as you can, and you can simply post the link to the image, and we would download it with higher resolution, as our aging eyes are not the ones that we had when we were teenagers... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thanks in advance! ;)
2015 Honda PCX 125
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

WhiteNoise wrote:Trib ya know, I wouldn't be surprised. Not one bit. Hey! Honda does have wings! I need to get a set...stick 'em on and fly :D (note to self: must buy and hang little guardian bell to watch over me ;) on the fly!)
Kudo's to Honda this round. Hmm...wait. Still need to get the seat and suspension sorted. Also bring on the ABS brakes and "necessary" accessories with delegated mounting points. Then......Perfecto (umm...I think? :lol:)
I spent my Saturday afternoon cleaning every nook and cranny on WN prepping her for an ATF50 treatment. But...me back hurts just from step 1. Shite! A table about a foot off the ground to roll her up on would help...big time! ;)

So Trib......what's happening? 2015 found or ordered yet? I bet it'll be White & have wings too! :) Bring on the good news already.............I'm waiting! 8)

Shite? How rude. :D
homey
Regular User
Regular User

Post by homey »

Your thread has motivated me and my 2015 will be here tomorrow! Great pictures buddy and we even dress alike (lunatic is in the yard look). Have you found any cool accessories available in the US? Maybe link me your favorite BLING website. BTW I'm new to forum as you can see so I just want to say something to someone since I haven't notice the introduction section yet... I will go look again.
Tribpreper
Banned User
Banned User

Post by Tribpreper »

WhiteNoise wrote:Trib ya know, I wouldn't be surprised. Not one bit. Hey! Honda does have wings! I need to get a set...stick 'em on and fly :D (note to self: must buy and hang little guardian bell to watch over me ;) on the fly!)
That gives me an idea for a custom tag. Hmmm, I'll keep it to myself for now, and spring it later if it isn't taken!
WhiteNoise wrote:So Trib......what's happening? 2015 found or ordered yet? I bet it'll be White & have wings too! :) Bring on the good news already.............I'm waiting! 8)
Gotta tell ya! So I'm off last weekend and have not heard from the shop for, oh, pushing a month. So I drop by on Saturday and, (this is a HUGE Christian college town), stroll into the scooter room and, gadzooks! This room, which is packed with scoots like lemmings in a cigar box, is swarming with screaming college girls and dads with credit cards. The owner's just standing there like a punch-drunk fighter. I'm not sure how long he can hold out - it's that time of year (bears do the same thing in Alaska during salmon season [been there!]. So I pull his shell-shocked self off enough to divert his gaze and ask about the PCX. He stammers something about....uhh....three....weeks....rep...said....
LOL! :)
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

Trib, glad I inspired you ;) I look forward to your newborn custom tag. I'm sure it will be heavenly (place wings here :)
So you were in the scoot shop last weekend, and the poor guy was inundated....girlies everywhere with their Daddy's. Why not give the poor guy a hand? You might have gained a PCX quicker :roll: Heh?Okay, so you're still playing the waiting game. Sigh, that's hard as it's been a month you say? Fall is coming fast! Temps haven't been as warm this summer and I think winter will be a bear to contend with. Keep after him! The snow cometh! :|

Hey homey! Welcome! You sound like one excited dude! ;) Well, big day Is tomorrow, how about that! Glad my thread helped you to move things along, but.....what took you so long to get on board? Lurking about, where ya? :lol: That's fine, it gives you a chance to learn about Us folk too. Smart! ;)
An yes, the Bright Hi-Vis Yellow attire! Here's a good one: I Rode 20 something miles today, and as I'm coming home & pulling in my driveway, my neighbor yells loudly, "you look like a space alien!" o_O Now that's an insult! I'd rather be called a lunatic! :lol:
Have fun tomorrow, who the hell cares what anyone thinks or calls you! Get on that bike! Smile and Ride (or vice a versa). We b cool!
(Oh, the bling? We're all waiting for 2015 stuff. Whatcha looking for? "Feed..me Seymour" (and that came from..what movie) :D
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

:D For you, 2yous: Shite and one more Shite!! :lol: "There, I've Said It Again"

pcx power, I'll see what I can do ;) No rush, okay? Hope you can sell a scoot before a month is up, otherwise your wife may have something More to say about a PCX. Get er done! :D
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

Beautiful day today and 86 degrees, just a bit warm when your fully armored, but you get past that ;)
Sun and clouds all purdy like. Gosh, I love Sundays. So I took me a nice ride through some old towns, then went along the beaches, and through a few boat yards & docks. Everybody was out today! Swimming, fishing, crabbing, dancing, singing, bicycling, kids in the playground, bikers at Nicky's grill, and oh so many lovely Boats! Life is Good! So many seagulls, I kept wondering when one would get me! You know, The Plop of Poop? :| He missed over and over again. Bad aim? or just too many beer droplets from those empty Heineken beach bottles :lol:
Anyway, I stopped often and took some pics. More will come but I have to reduce their sizes.

We have a Full "Super" Moon tonight (super meaning it's the closest to the earth). Had I known that earlier, I would have been by the water still. 11 pm news just told me. Will Catch the Next "Super" time ;)
Hope Ya'll had a Great Weekend and Lovely Days :P
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

I used two different camera's, an old point and shoot and my friend the 'ol iPad 3G. (Friend? Hmm)
It's the iPad photo's that I consider "real" but also the ones that need their size reduced. Such a PITA! The Point and shoot photo's I will download into my laptop. Maybe after seeing Mom tomorrow (?)
Okay e-nuff of me blabber. I'll Move along...with these two pics.
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (534.79 KiB) Viewed 2588 times
image.jpg
image.jpg (570.99 KiB) Viewed 2588 times
pcxpower
Regular User
Regular User

Post by pcxpower »

Nice PCX and scenery!! Your bike is helping us to get a PCX!! :D :D :D
WhiteNoise wrote:pcx power, I'll see what I can do ;) No rush, okay? Hope you can sell a scoot before a month is up, otherwise your wife may have something More to say about a PCX. Get er done! :D
Thanks for the assistance, and let's hope that I can sell the scooter before buying the PCX, as we all know that a happy wife is a happy life! :lol: :lol:
2015 Honda PCX 125
iceman
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2014 125 (LED)

Post by iceman »

Re: 2015 pcx service manual - WhiteNoise is the proud owner of the US version and I've just pre-ordered what I hope is the UK 125 2015 service manual from a UK dealer - £36 + £5 p/p as it was easier this time for the small additional outlay. May be 4-6 weeks turn-around but that is fine. :)
pcxpower
Regular User
Regular User

Post by pcxpower »

iceman wrote:Re: 2015 pcx service manual - WhiteNoise is the proud owner of the US version and I've just pre-ordered what I hope is the UK 125 2015 service manual from a UK dealer - £36 + £5 p/p as it was easier this time for the small additional outlay. May be 4-6 weeks turn-around but that is fine. :)
Wow!!!! This is great news! :D :D

Congratulations, and I thought that ordering it from an European country would be impossible, outrageously expensive or very difficult... Please let us know how it turns out, as this would be the one more suited for the 125cc that are for sale over here ;)
2015 Honda PCX 125
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

Yeh!! Wonderful news! The book, it finally cometh! iceman 8) :P
homey
Regular User
Regular User

Post by homey »

Exact same bike arrived on Monday. May I ask what brand are those tires?
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

Hey homey you found WN's twin? :lol:
Congrats! You're going to love your new scoot! The tires are IRC. Yours are too...correct?
homey
Regular User
Regular User

Post by homey »

WhiteNoise wrote:The tires are IRC. Yours are too...correct?
Yes, I was noticing Michelin as the possible peoples choice in replacement tires and Pirelli as what must have been standard on earlier models. I was just curious when I saw IRC's on the 2015's. Nice to meet you and thanks for the reply.
Bob
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

Thanks, same back atcha! :P
Yes, you're probably right. PCX People's choice tire is the Michelin City Grip. I was so hoping to see them on my 2015. Ah well. IRC's were on the previous PCX models as well.
On a high note.....This Scoot Rocks!! Loving it!
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

As per pcxpower's request and for other interested peeps, here's a photograph I took from my Shop Manual of the
"BODY PANEL LOCATIONS" and "BODY PANEL REMOVAL CHART" >> (AFTER THE 2013 MODEL)

Sorry it's not the best quality, but I think it'll work ;) Let 'er Rip!
Attachments
IMG_5860.JPG
IMG_5860.JPG (108.92 KiB) Viewed 2544 times
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

A few more pics from Sunday's Sunny Ride. I really needed that! Thank you
Attachments
WHiteNoise Chillin' Near the Beach
WHiteNoise Chillin' Near the Beach
forum 1.5809.JPG (138.94 KiB) Viewed 2543 times
Move That Bike! OK, Okay. Damn!
Move That Bike! OK, Okay. Damn!
forum 2.5807.JPG (87.93 KiB) Viewed 2543 times
Sitting Purdy Among the Reeds (Weeds haha)
Sitting Purdy Among the Reeds (Weeds haha)
forum 3.5830.JPG (168.78 KiB) Viewed 2543 times
I Left The Beach Behind, Pulled Over and WN Struck a Pose
I Left The Beach Behind, Pulled Over and WN Struck a Pose
forum 4.5836.JPG (132.28 KiB) Viewed 2543 times
pcxpower
Regular User
Regular User

Post by pcxpower »

WhiteNoise wrote:As per pcxpower's request and for other interested peeps, here's a photograph I took from my Shop Manual of the
"BODY PANEL LOCATIONS" and "BODY PANEL REMOVAL CHART" >> (AFTER THE 2013 MODEL)

Sorry it's not the best quality, but I think it'll work ;) Let 'er Rip!
Thank you very much for the picture! It seems that Honda has simplified the removal of body panels? This chart will be very useful to all of us who need to access the interior of the scooter! ;) ;) ;)

And, the more I see these this white PCX, the more I like it!!! :D :D :D :D Really nice scooter and really nice locations!!!

Thanks again! ;)
2015 Honda PCX 125
iceman
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2014 125 (LED)

Post by iceman »

Still seems a major task removing most of the paneling to do valve checks, which I gather needs the inner/center cover removed.