New Member In Ohio

General Honda Forza 300 chat, questions about the Forza, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

Cbus

New Member In Ohio

Post by Cbus »

Hello All! 8)

This will be my first scooter. I've ridden motorcycles in the past. Mostly Sport bikes.
This will mainly be my commuter scoot. But I enjoyed taking the test ride, so could
even just take out sometimes for a ride. I'll pick up my Forza either Thursday or Monday
of next week. Still working with Dealers to get the best deal.

I've talked to some friends at work about it. I might catch some crap from people because
It's not a motorcycle. But I really didn't want to buy a full size bike. The scoot was comfy
and fun to ride. I've been on here for the past week doing a lot of reading. Thanks
for all the information to review!

Luke
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Re: New Member In Ohio

Post by WhiteNoise »

Welcome Luke, good luck haggling on (your) buy price. I'm for that and it can't hurt trying ;)
Would you mind sharing with us where you live? You might be asking some questions soon, and knowing "that" will help us 2 help you.
Oh, and excuse me....Screw them (motorcycle friends?) They're ignorant!
Be excited about riding a Forza...your Forza!
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

Cbus wrote:Hello All! 8)

This will be my first scooter. I've ridden motorcycles in the past. Mostly Sport bikes.
This will mainly be my commuter scoot. But I enjoyed taking the test ride, so could
even just take out sometimes for a ride. I'll pick up my Forza either Thursday or Monday
of next week. Still working with Dealers to get the best deal.

I've talked to some friends at work about it. I might catch some crap from people because
It's not a motorcycle. But I really didn't want to buy a full size bike. The scoot was comfy
and fun to ride. I've been on here for the past week doing a lot of reading. Thanks
for all the information to review!

Luke

Get it done, you can have a sports bike and a scooter.
Cbus

Post by Cbus »

Thanks guys!
I think I got the best price I'm going to get without going farther away.
Right now it looks like it will be $6500 out the door for the abs model.
Just as long as there's no surprises when I pick it up.
I'll let you know for sure though. The first dealership I went to
Quoted me $7040. It was also where I test rode the pcx 150 and the Forza.
Manager was pissing me off a little after the 3rd time asking me if I wanted to
Take it home today. Can't wait to get her! I'll post up some Picts when I get her home!
kramnala58
Mod Emeritus
Mod Emeritus
Color: White is faster

Post by kramnala58 »

Weclome. Glad you chose to join us. Hopefully you get it soon.
2010 Honda PCX 125 in Thailand (White) - "White Lightning" Sold in Sept 2017 :(
2009 Yamaha Majesty YP400 in USA (Metalic Titanium) - "The Throne" Sold in June 2020 :(
Z-Mac
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Z-Mac »

Welcome to the forum Luke and Congrats on your purchase! I hope you'll enjoy it as I've been so far. Anyone who laughs at you that you are riding a scooter should educate themselves a bit more and see how the Europeans commute.
I'm sure they wouldn't laugh at you there but would give you a thumbs up Luke!
Cbus

Post by Cbus »

Thank you kramnala58!
Thanks Z-Mac!
Yes I agree! I choose to look at them as misinformed if they laugh about it.
My wife is from Japan. We go back all the time. I see many scooters there as well.
I'll be contacting the dealer with the lowest price I've gotten tomorrow. Hopefully we can
Wrap the deal up and I can bring her home!
I just made an account with fuelly too. So I'll add that to my signature soon!
Thanks again for the welcome! :D
MichRocks
Regular User
Regular User

Post by MichRocks »

Welcome Cbus, Z-mac-
I have had mine since last September; ride it every day the weather allows. Have taken many trips on it, and thus far, has been an absolute joy to ride. It has really grown on me; I don't miss any of my larger bikes at ALL. Hope you enjoy yours too. Eventually, we graduate to not caring about what others think; most of them show up to work in cars anyway, and the ones that don't only show up on their bikes on warm sunny days.

Oooh, can't ride in this! It might drizzle! Posers. :lol:
rew750

Post by rew750 »

Most who hear I'm riding a scooter think it's like a Vespa or Buddy, as that is what they have in their mind when you say scooter. Then they see it and they go "That's not a scooter".
Cbus

Post by Cbus »

Hey neighbor MichRocks!
haha posers! Yeah we have some of them. Though there is one guy on his Harley that even rides during
winter sometimes. But other than that most won't show up in there bikes if it looks like it might rain.
I was just going to get some rain gear. I used to ride my sportbikes in the rain. And got completely soaked!
I've read a lot of your posts MichRocks. Thanks for all the input!

Hey rew750! Yeah agree most think something small like Vespa when you say scooter. Though years ago I remember
seeing one at work. So someone was riding one in. I'm pretty excited about picking her up.

I just got a new lower price from another dealer today! $6395 out the door for the ABS model.
A lot better from the first dealership I walked into for the test ride. Was going to charge full price with
all the fees and then asked me 3 or 4 times if I wanted to take the Forza home that day. Geesh!
MichRocks
Regular User
Regular User

Post by MichRocks »

Cbus wrote:Hello All! 8)

This will be my first scooter....

It's not a motorcycle.....

Luke
I too get some crap from them, but it is all in fun. I found out that I have a nickname as of today...

"The RED FLASH"

:lol: :lol: :lol:
red_flash.jpg
red_flash.jpg (253.85 KiB) Viewed 2194 times
I'll accept that!! :D
Cbus

Post by Cbus »

lol, red flash! Nice!

Looks like I made a deal. Going to pick her up in the morning. If there isn't any surprises
on the deal we made. I'll get some pictures posted in the next couple days. Should even be able
to ride her to work tomorrow.

YAY!
Kalemakapii

Post by Kalemakapii »

Cbus wrote:lol, red flash! Nice!

Looks like I made a deal. Going to pick her up in the morning. If there isn't any surprises
on the deal we made. I'll get some pictures posted in the next couple days. Should even be able
to ride her to work tomorrow.

YAY!
Congrats on your new bike and welcome to the forum. I also recently "downsized" from a cruiser to the Forza, and have not looked back. Just sold my 08 Yamaha V-Star 650 Silverado... put 62,000 miles on it in the past 6-7 yrs. Before that I rode a 01 Honda Shadow ACE 750 in which I put 65,000 miles on it in 7 yrs. Use to think I was a non-conformist by riding a motorcycle... come to realize that I became a true non-conformist when I ditched my bike for a scooter. Love the ride... quiet and great zip too. No more pain in clutch hand or sittin on a hot engine in rush hour traffic. While I enjoyed riding my bikes over the years, I really love my Forza.
Cbus

Post by Cbus »

Hey Kalemakapii
Wow that's a lot of miles on both those bikes! You are hard core!
I'm glad to hear that you haven't looked back since you downsized!
Shows me that the Forza has plenty to give and still makes you happy riding!
I believe I will be in the same boat as you. I didn't put that kind of miles on a bike.
But I did ride a 03' Yamaha R6 and a 04' Yamaha R1 till about 2006. Put about 15k on both.
I raced the R6 with WERA on track and the R1 was the street ride.

This time around though I just didn't really want anything like that. So I was hoping I'd be happy
going this route. I believe I will be. I was surprised how fun she was just on the test ride.

Well it's morning here! I'm getting around and heading out to go get her. She's an hour away. I'm
taking my trailer and hauling her back as I didn't want to run her highway speeds for an hour without
being broke in. Probably won't ride her highway speeds till at least first oil change.
be back in a bit!
Kalemakapii

Post by Kalemakapii »

Cbus wrote:Hey Kalemakapii
Wow that's a lot of miles on both those bikes! You are hard core!
I'm glad to hear that you haven't looked back since you downsized!
Shows me that the Forza has plenty to give and still makes you happy riding!
I believe I will be in the same boat as you. I didn't put that kind of miles on a bike.
But I did ride a 03' Yamaha R6 and a 04' Yamaha R1 till about 2006. Put about 15k on both.
I raced the R6 with WERA on track and the R1 was the street ride.

This time around though I just didn't really want anything like that. So I was hoping I'd be happy
going this route. I believe I will be. I was surprised how fun she was just on the test ride.

Well it's morning here! I'm getting around and heading out to go get her. She's an hour away. I'm
taking my trailer and hauling her back as I didn't want to run her highway speeds for an hour without
being broke in. Probably won't ride her highway speeds till at least first oil change.
be back in a bit!
CBus... I got the mileage by riding to work everyday, rain or shine (40 mi RT).
Cbus

Post by Cbus »

Nice!
I did pick her up yesterday!
And I did ride her to work! :D

She ran good. Had a good time. Right now I'm keeping the rpm at 5k or lower and
No hard acceleration while braking in the motor.

Checked the oil. Noticed it's only half full. But looked on the forum here. And looks like
Others have had the same thing. Only half full. Should be ok for now. But not sure why they don't
Fill it.
GeorgeSK
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 13PCX,15Forza
Color: Both Red

Post by GeorgeSK »

Congratulations!

I've had mine for exactly a year, and am still excited to go out for a spin. My ride to work is only four miles, but it is rarely four miles home. My wife really likes riding pillion, and, at 3.7 cents a mile, going for a joyride can be done without the guilt associated with unnecessary expense or carbon footprint. For me and the roads that I frequent, the PCX is the most elegant bit of machinery that I have ever had (although the bicycle I built up in the 70's and toured with was pretty darn nice too, now that I think about it).

Enjoy and ride smart!
On my scoot, getting there is WAY more than half the fun!

Please paste this address into a new tab and add yourself to the map: https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=1NlP7xk7KMdJReQnm-iDhldFBdpQ&ll=4.995760578398276%2C0&z=2
but please, don't delete anybody, no matter how badly they deserve deleting :)
Cbus

Post by Cbus »

Thanks GeorgeSK!
Yeah I'm really happy with my purchase!

I was actually surprised at work. Quite a few stopped and checked her out.
And most motorcyclist waved.

This weekend is pretty busy with the holiday. But I'll post some Picts soon!
GeorgeSK
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 13PCX,15Forza
Color: Both Red

Post by GeorgeSK »

I get lots of waves as well, but I do initiate them frequently. What the heck, my left hand isn't busy :)

I can't imagine any oncoming vehicle being able to tell that I am a scooter vs. a faired sportbike. Maybe I am being naive or optimistic, but it seems that in my area, being on two wheels in and of itself makes you a part of the fraternity.
On my scoot, getting there is WAY more than half the fun!

Please paste this address into a new tab and add yourself to the map: https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=1NlP7xk7KMdJReQnm-iDhldFBdpQ&ll=4.995760578398276%2C0&z=2
but please, don't delete anybody, no matter how badly they deserve deleting :)
Z-Mac
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Z-Mac »

Let's see those pictures Cbus! :-)