Undersea (t) adventure

Having trouble? Need more info on something mechanical? Ask here!

Moderator: Modsquad

fish
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Undersea (t) adventure

Post by fish »

Sure would like to have a little chat with the Forza seat design team.
Could we not have the seat hinge & open some other way, so that the lower compartment would actually be useful and available?
A simple task like hooking up a battery tender lead to the battery posts was not fun.
Of the 3 screws securing the battery cover - one is visible, one is just barely, and the other is not. And the poor fellow in Thailand has set the torque on his screw gun to the 'kill' setting....so that all of the srews were carzy tight, making an awkward little task a failure threat even when using the proper bull-nosed phillips bit. Felt like I was going to destroy the screw head ~ all the while working in a contorted position thanks to the seat.
Then, mostly by feel, you have to get the tender leads onto the posts without dropping the screw into the bowels of the scoot, etc. I could do one of these: A) look in there; or B) shine the light in there; or C) put my hand in there.
That lower compartment under the seat IS accessible if you lay down next to the scooter, have a tiny head and/or are using mirrors and a head lamp.
Pretty color though.
Fish
(maybe it was the embarrassed Honda tech who broke two panels off of two scoots while doing my fuel pump replacement - that shot those 3 screws in there at 100 ft pounds.)
SteveP
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2014
Color: red

Re: Undersea (t) adventure

Post by SteveP »

I agree on the awkwardness of the front hinged seat. A side hinge, like on the Reflex, would give much better access. As far as getting access to the battery for hooking up a battery tender...there's a little access cover in the forward compartment (on my Forza, anyway) that is hinged and snaps in place. Pop it open with a small screwdriver and the positive terminal of the battery, with it's red safety cap, is exposed. Move the cap out of position and hook the positive clamp of the tender to the terminal. Hook the negative clamp to a nearby ground, such as the seat's hinge bolts. It's still a bit awkward to get to but a lot easier then removing the whole battery cover.