The Accident

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

Blazinby
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2015 + 2018
Color: Black,Matt Grey

The Accident

Post by Blazinby »

So,

I was going to KFC to get some dinner for me and Mrs B.

The first thing I knew about it was; I was driving along the road and heard a high revving engine on my left (UK so illegal overtake).

I saw a white Golf (Rabbit in U.S.?) trying to pass me, but we were coming up to some parked cars and they had to come in behind me.

As we passed the parked cars they overtook me on the inside and I started braking, at this point I knew they were a douche (we were facing a speed camera so I know I was only going 30 or just over).

They passed me and as they did so pulled into my lane and stopped dead, I could do nothing but hit them. My bike went right into oncoming traffic and I went left, rolled twice and came to a halt.

My bike hit said oncoming traffic and was I left lying in the road. Nothing too serious, broken bike, broken middle finger on my right hand, lots of pretty bruising and a lot of wrecked gear(brand new helmet :( , jacket, boots, gloves, jeans,blah blah..)

Thing that bothers me? He left me lying in the road and f**ked off.

Police involved(ongoing) and none of the four witnesses that stopped (so gratefull they did) got his registration.

My insurance said because they deemed it "Road Rage" they are not liable for any costs (go F**k yourselves)

Apparently it was a young driver I had filtered passed at the traffic lights who didn't like that sort of thing!!

I have had my bike nearly three years and apart from the occasional mirror bump which I have always stopped and apologised for no major incidents.

Stay Safe people ;)

P.S. because the driver is unidentified I have a claim ongoing against MIB :lol: Motor Insurance Bureau which is a fund all insurers have to pay into and my daughter is a personal injury lawyer so I will get money but not quickly
GeorgeSK
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 13PCX,15Forza
Color: Both Red

Re: The Accident

Post by GeorgeSK »

WTF? Is "Road Rage" an act of God or something?

Glad you are not more damaged, and hope the law finds the swollen dick-head. It's tricky enough staying alive without people actually trying to kill us.
On my scoot, getting there is WAY more than half the fun!

Please paste this address into a new tab and add yourself to the map: https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=1NlP7xk7KMdJReQnm-iDhldFBdpQ&ll=4.995760578398276%2C0&z=2
but please, don't delete anybody, no matter how badly they deserve deleting :)
PCX150Rider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2017
Color: White

Post by PCX150Rider »

The biggest thing is your alive and on the mend. You can always get another scooter. . .. o_O

It would be an Act of God it seems if the culprit was arrested and brought to justice but from what you are telling us he basically did a "Hit and Run" and nobody got the plate numbers. The only other thing that could be done is to see if there were any security cameras in the area.

Damn. . .. Sorry to hear about that. But relieved you will be OK.

I have to say that even on this side of the pond the riding conditions are not getting any better. Too many dullards behind the wheel, too many in a rush, too many following too close, too many with their head in the clouds. :roll:

KFC eh? A large bucket of the "original" style with all the sides would be quite tasty right now. We used to have a KFC in town. Not anymore though. . .somebody bought the building and turned it into a Pizza Place. Time marches on and so does change. . .. :geek:
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Post by gn2 »

What did you learn?
(learning is what these incidents are for)
I would suggest next time some knob tries to undertake, ease off the speed, let him go ahead and give yourself plenty space behind him.

You'll easily filter past at the next lights ;)

Don't compete with other vehicles for space on the road, you'll always come off worse if it goes wrong.

Highway code stipulates a minimum gap of two seconds, I always advocate three seconds in town and four on faster roads.
As the vehicle in front passes a feature, can be anything, manhole cover, roadsign, change in surface etc, count the gap till you pass it, one thousand and one, one thousand and two, one thousand and three... then you should still not have passed it.
If you pass it too soon you're following too close and this is a major risk to your health.
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

In some ways you are lucky they drove off as you could be liable for the damage you did when you hit them.
Blazinby
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Blazinby »

Thanks all,

Apparently Road Rage means it was not an accident so insurers off the hook, I only had third party fire and theft because I believed as a carefull driver I would never be the cause of a claim :( I've been driving for nearly 30 years and never caused an accident.

Thanks George

Yeah man didn't even get to KFC which was about 300ft further up the road :roll: also got to do that phone call to my good lady which starts "I'm ok but..."

Cheers Rider (OMG I want a KFC right now :lol: )

"What did you learn?"

Hit the nail on the head mate, I learned riding a bike no matter how carefull you are is potentially fatal. I always leave a gap big enough for my middle aged reactions and some. I was already braking while the turd was overtaking me and when he pulled into my lane he was less than eight inches in front of me, if I wasn't braking he would have sideswiped me as he changed lanes which I guess was his intention

I learned some people are dicks, which I kind of knew anyway and to try and memorise every lisence plate I pass, but that aint going to happen, I can't remember to get milk from the shop when it was the reason I left the house :oops:

I count seconds in Elephants and always leave at least three elephants on city streets and more on motorways, PCX is not big enough to carry me and an ego but I guess I learned something about just how vulnerable we all are.

I once came off my skateboard going 55mph (could see the speedo of my friends car I was holding on to) and it hurt a lot less than 30mph off my scooter, I guess that's the cruel difference between being 16 and being 45.

Thank you GN2 I will be more carefull in future; I would hate for my good lady to have to make the post "He is not ok but thank you" (I have left instructions)

YouYou if I follow you correctly; yes, I would be in jail for the rage that would have manifested upon that piece of s**t, but like you say best he left quickly

At the end of the day I picked myself up dusted myself off and will keep on going, life is often shit but it just makes you apreciate how f**king great it can be too :)

Keep those wheels spinning :)
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

Heck yeah, I'm smiling that you're okay! That was a crappy milk run if ever I heard! :x

So ya think KFC would've saved the day? Hmm...I'd like me a good piece of the crispy-ness :D
Good thing You weren't counting "sheep!" :D Counting Elephants would keep me awake too! :D
Good thing you ain't 16 skateboarding clinging to a vehicle door handle running down the pike! Those days be gone, we're blazin' smarter now :D

Not sayin' this is the reason, but I'd stop lane splitting if I were you. You know, I know, We know that "We" just don't React as quickly or Process as quickly or See as clearly as back in those Blazin'by days.

That's just my 2cents. I may be a scardy cat but one thing I know, if that dude (any dude) hit me and left me for dead, then they'd be "no more riding" at all for me :cry: Jist ain't worth taking them chances no mor! Not at my__age.

That's enough from this 'ol mouth.
Sure as I'm sitting here, I'm Glad "You Still" Are Too!!!! Heal well and fast! ;)

Every emoticons (those smilies) All of them intended (wink)
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: red PCX

Post by Mel46 »

May I suggest a dash-cam on your bike? They are cheap enough and the video setup loops every 10 minutes or so. It also saves the video automatically if you have an accident. You don't have to have an expensive one. A $25 One works just as well as a $300 One for what you are going to use it for. Wire it into the ignition and forget it.

Glad you are OK. Bikes can be repaired. Unfortunately idiots can't be removed from the roads very easily, so they will be a constant reminder that not everyone is mindful on the roads.

I would think that there would be some kind of security cam somewhere considering that we have heard that the UK has them everywhere.

Yep, that idiot sure showed you! Yep, put a nice Dent in his car. Yep, that will show you!
(There is no help for some people. They are just born dumb.)
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

Blazinby wrote:Thanks all,

Apparently Road Rage means it was not an accident so insurers off the hook, I only had third party fire and theft because I believed as a carefull driver I would never be the cause of a claim :( I've been driving for nearly 30 years and never caused an accident.

Thanks George

Yeah man didn't even get to KFC which was about 300ft further up the road :roll: also got to do that phone call to my good lady which starts "I'm ok but..."

Cheers Rider (OMG I want a KFC right now :lol: )

"What did you learn?"

Hit the nail on the head mate, I learned riding a bike no matter how carefull you are is potentially fatal. I always leave a gap big enough for my middle aged reactions and some. I was already braking while the turd was overtaking me and when he pulled into my lane he was less than eight inches in front of me, if I wasn't braking he would have sideswiped me as he changed lanes which I guess was his intention

I learned some people are dicks, which I kind of knew anyway and to try and memorise every lisence plate I pass, but that aint going to happen, I can't remember to get milk from the shop when it was the reason I left the house :oops:

I count seconds in Elephants and always leave at least three elephants on city streets and more on motorways, PCX is not big enough to carry me and an ego but I guess I learned something about just how vulnerable we all are.

I once came off my skateboard going 55mph (could see the speedo of my friends car I was holding on to) and it hurt a lot less than 30mph off my scooter, I guess that's the cruel difference between being 16 and being 45.

Thank you GN2 I will be more carefull in future; I would hate for my good lady to have to make the post "He is not ok but thank you" (I have left instructions)

YouYou if I follow you correctly; yes, I would be in jail for the rage that would have manifested upon that piece of s**t, but like you say best he left quickly

At the end of the day I picked myself up dusted myself off and will keep on going, life is often shit but it just makes you apreciate how f**king great it can be too :)

Keep those wheels spinning :)
No, I was saying you hit the rear of a stationary vehicle and you would be liable for any damage to that vehicle.
Blazinby
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Blazinby »

Hey Whietnoise,

lanesplitting is a way of life in the U.K. I went to my friends house once through a twelve mile traffic jam must have passed nearly a thousand cars in one trip so def not going to stop :)

Yeah Mel,

I had one which stopped working a few weeks before incident (Drift Stealth 2) apparently it didn't like the rain :(. I got a refund but hadn't replaced the camera yet at the time of the incident. I have since promised my wife I will never get back on a motorbike; without a camera.

YouYou,

He swerved into the outside lane of a dual carriageway and braked for no reason, I have four witnesses who stated he was driving like an idiot. Police are looking to charge him with Dangerous Driving (not inconsiderate, careless or reckless) which means a mandatory 12 month ban and definitely not my fault. If he passed his test in the last two years he will also have to resit his driving test.

Police said they could see him on CCTV but couldn't get his registration number :roll: my daughter (Lawyer) has put in a request for CCTV footage beyond the incident as I'm sure the little shit pulled in further up to inspect the damage. She used to work in RTA and tells me it is highly likely he will put in an insurance claim for a hit and run and then we will get him.

If we can't identify him I worry that next time he may actually kill someone. :( Stupid young boy who I guess thinks Grand Theft Auto is actually how you should behave on the road I hope he learns there are consequences to actions but I can do no more.
GatorGreg
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2015
Color: White

Post by GatorGreg »

Blazinby wrote:I was going to KFC to get some dinner...
Damn, I'm starting to miss my old PCX - I used to take it to pick up KFC all the time - see my old vid below :D Sorry to hear about your accident :(

2018 Yamaha SMAX Raven Black (aka Majesty S)
RIP 2015 Honda PCX 150 Pearl White
RIP 2010 Honda Elite (Lead) 110 Black
Check out GatorGreg's Motovlog on YouTube
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

".....miss my old PCX" :(
Then git out and git yur family a Newbie '19 PCX wit some ABS!!! :D

Welcome back to the fold Greg! Good to hear from you!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: red PCX

Post by Mel46 »

It seems to me that these kids from the newest generation have no idea about responsibility. Everything is a game, and it is all about THEM. I hope the police do catch the guy who had so little regard for your life that he did that. The only way for them to learn anything seems to be through experience.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

I'm out of this. All the warning lights are on.
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

^ yer a Dodger :lol:
Yeah,Yeah,Yeah, "Lookout! the sky...she's falling!" :lol:
Blazinby
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Blazinby »

Thanks all,

I certainly learned that this type of crap can happen, nothing too serious just a scooter and some bruises.

Xray showed I had actually dislogded a tiny bone in my finger I didn't even know existed so everyday is a school day :)

Worse things happen to better poeple, I'm just gonna move on with my life and not let this put me off KFC :lol: