PCX Torque Values

Having trouble? Need more info on something mechanical? Ask here!

Moderator: Modsquad

alx123
Bangkok Rider
Bangkok Rider
Year: 2016
Color: Fast White

PCX Torque Values

Post by alx123 »

This could be useful for those of us who doesn't own the service manual but planning to do some basic maintenance of our PCX.

Can someone with the service manual provide us with the values in this thread. More kinda like a to-go thread when one wants to know about the torque values.

Let's start with the basics:

Variator nut = 59NM (43.5 ft lbs)
Clutch nut = 49NM (36.15 ft lbs)
Oil drain nut = 24N.M(15 ft lbs) - not sure

rear wheel nut?
add more

Any help or correction will be appreciated.
Everything looks better from the inside of a motorcycle helmet...
iceman
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2014 125 (LED)
Color: White

Re: PCX Torque Values

Post by iceman »

I purchased a torque wrench but so far not used it. When I had a deaker fit a new rear tyre, they never used a torque wrench to put things back. To my mind, you can judge how tight things are when taking them off, and get an idea of what feels right without excessive force putting things back.
btw - the service manual does state to add oil to some bolts before adding the nut and torqueing, and that would give a different value than dry.
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

iceman wrote:I purchased a torque wrench but so far not used it. When I had a deaker fit a new rear tyre, they never used a torque wrench to put things back. To my mind, you can judge how tight things are when taking them off, and get an idea of what feels right without excessive force putting things back.
btw - the service manual does state to add oil to some bolts before adding the nut and torqueing, and that would give a different value than dry.
Oh god. Cue Gn2....
Old Grinner
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Old Grinner »

SM page 17-20, Handle Bar Installation, PCX:

Qty 4 socket head bolts

Torque 27 N m (2.8 kgf m, 20 lbf ft) :geek:
homie
Prestige
Prestige
Year: 2015 PCX150
Color: Pearl White

Post by homie »

There are 5 pages of torque values in the SM, just pm me and I will send them all to you. i would not torque the oil drain bolt, too risky and not worth striping out when you can just check for a leak. Tighten by hand then 1/8 to 1/4 turn with a box end... check later.