today's grand kids....

Anything and everything not related to anything else on this site.

Moderator: Modsquad

homie
Prestige
Prestige
Year: 2015 PCX150
Color: Pearl White

today's grand kids....

Post by homie »

look retarded

Old Grinner
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Re: today's grand kids....

Post by Old Grinner »

TGIF! :D

Many a truth is said in jest. . .. o_O

As a child I attended an event where a guest speaker talked about what people would be like in the future.

His outlook of what people would evolve into based on the continuing development of technology was taken lightly at the time, considered "far out", and downright humorous.

I was quite young so I can't remember all the details about the event but what I'll never forget is the image he showed us of what people in the future would look like and told us why.

What we saw was a picture of a large head, a torso, tiny little arms and hands, and tiny legs and feet. A buzz of "WTF" on a more conservative, kinder, gentler level permeated the room. . .. :roll:

His explanation was that as we become more reliant on technology to serve our everyday needs we will rely less and less on our physical strengths and more and more on our brains. Hence the enlarged cranial region and diminished appendages. :lol:

Onward marched the pocket calculator from Texas Instruments to replace the slide rule and the rest is history. ;)

Now, as I relive that event I take a look around, observe the onslaught of "robotics" and "artificial intelligence", and can more clearly see what that guest speaker was aiming at. That said, I only hope that we survive as a species and incorporate the realization that we must live with earth. . .not just on it. :geek:
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: red PCX

Post by Mel46 »

Good luck with that HOPE.

Our grandchildren that live about a mile away are being turned into little consumers by their parents. Forget about recycling or caring for the planet. They, and their classmates, seem to believe that it is everyone else that should worry about picking up the trash they throw on the ground.

Mom and Dad drive a big SUV and live in a big house, so why should they think about others? Mom and Dad don't...especially Mom. Just give them what they want when they want it. Period.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
NADman
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2013
Color: black

Post by NADman »

Mel46 wrote:Good luck with that HOPE.

Our grandchildren that live about a mile away are being turned into little consumers by their parents. Forget about recycling or caring for the planet. They, and their classmates, seem to believe that it is everyone else that should worry about picking up the trash they throw on the ground.

Mom and Dad drive a big SUV and live in a big house, so why should they think about others? Mom and Dad don't...especially Mom. Just give them what they want when they want it. Period.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2vnYKRacKQc
He has all the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire. -Winston S. Churchill.
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

Today's Grandkids have just gone home.

Three of them on a 14hr shift two days in a row. Great times but I've had enough.
Old Grinner
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Old Grinner »

However, upon further analysis, initiated by the fact that the earth is becoming warmer before it eventually turns colder and marches into the next ice age, I think the current stage of human development is headed towards this. . ..

Fries with that? o_O

Old Grinner
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Old Grinner »

CSN and sometimes Y . . . always makes you think. ;)
Today's Grandkids have just gone home.

Three of them on a 14hr shift two days in a row. Great times but I've had enough.
Brutal working hours for the Parents. . .but hours shared with your Grandkids you'll be able to look back on for years to come. And when they do grow up and get on with life you'll miss them. :D
homie
Prestige
Prestige
Year: 2015 PCX150
Color: Pearl White

Post by homie »

HA HA! ... WALL-EEEEEE
you nailed it