Hi

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

big bear
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2016
Color: silver

Re: Hi

Post by big bear »

yes i like my pcx better than my x max as long as it is dry and no rain is forcast ill ride the pcx but the x max with ABS and traction control are good when its wet out that little bike is so much fun to ride
writergirl4017
Year: 2019
Color: Bronze Metalic

Post by writergirl4017 »

The seat on this scooter is so comfortable to sit on. My Zuma’s Seat was very uncomfortable after a while. The PCX feels like a nice recliner by comparison. Of course the longest I’ve ridden is half an hour but even that distance on the Zuma seat hurt my bottom and back.
writergirl4017

Post by writergirl4017 »

I did finally complete and pass the motorcycle safety course and now have my full license. I used my scooter, though I did try the motorcycle first. Simply put, I hate shifting. Automatic for me. And as I don’t plan on riding a big Harley, Honda makes a nice automatic that might be in my future.
GeorgeSK
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 13PCX,15Forza
Color: Both Red

Post by GeorgeSK »

YEA! Congrats on getting the license. I too find the PCX pretty comfortable, but really only use it for 30-45 minute rides. I do look ahead to try to evade bumps, man hole covers, road patches, etc., and try to keep my feet back a bit so I can come up off the seat if there is something unavoidable.

Enjoy your new ride, but remember that no one actually sees you. They would have to be looking, and for the most part they are not.
On my scoot, getting there is WAY more than half the fun!

Please paste this address into a new tab and add yourself to the map: https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=1NlP7xk7KMdJReQnm-iDhldFBdpQ&ll=4.995760578398276%2C0&z=2
but please, don't delete anybody, no matter how badly they deserve deleting :)
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (100.18 KiB) Viewed 524 times
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: red PCX

Post by Mel46 »

Mine is a 2013 model. I love the seat now because I bought a custom built one from Thailand. The original seat was horrible. If you were the size of an Asian you probably would not feel that butt brace right up against you, because you wouldn't be sitting very far back.I have no idea how a family could sll fit comfortably on one, but there are pictures of 5 people riding along on one. I guess someone had to sit on the hump.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
writergirl4017

Post by writergirl4017 »

So my husband finally got on board with getting his permit. He now rides a 2010 Honda SH 150i. It fits him well since he is 6 feet. I can barely reach the ground since I’m 5’4”. He is a little nervous at going faster speeds but he should get over that pretty quickly. I still prefer my PCX, but the ride is pretty smooth on the SH. With 16” tires potholes pose slightly less problems and bumps not too bad vs. my PCX.
Eiron
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2015 PCX150
Color: Poseidon Black

Post by Eiron »

Congratulations on both the new PCX and the SH-150i. The SH-150i was the scoot I wanted when I went shopping (2015), but the only new ones still available were priced about 50% higher than the PCX. Oh, and the salesman was ass, so that didn't help .... :roll:

Like others have said, adding taller windscreens and topbox storage will dramatically improve comfort and convenience, and will open up a whole world of day/weekend trip possibilities. 8)
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: red PCX

Post by Mel46 »

Since I have modified mine to top out at 75 mph, you could do the same things to your PCX (and probably to the SH, since it uses the PCX engine). Finding a SH in the United States was great, especially since they no longer sell them here. Heck, if you can find parts for it, it could run forever! It's a Honda.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
Regular User
Regular User
Color: 15 Forza

Post by 87112 »

I get a kick out of these size of an Asian posts. Maybe the previous generation were short. Not now. One trip to South Korea and China I bet your eyes will be on these babes everywhere that are now 5 6 to 5 9.
:geek:
writergirl4017

Post by writergirl4017 »

We got a steal on the SH. It was in perfect condition with only 477 miles on it. Lady rode it back and forth to work 1 mile each way. I got my husband an after market top box so he could store his helmet and didn’t have to bring it inside all the time. I think he is starting to get used the SH. I do want a higher windscreen for my PCX. Maybe for my birthday in August if I drop enough hints.