How much to replace a front fender roughly?

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

Eiron
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2015 PCX150
Color: Poseidon Black

Re: How much to replace a front fender roughly?

Post by Eiron »

Jge64 wrote:many US dealers will not do any labor less than 1/2 Hour. Even if it takes only 5 mn, it rounds up to .5 hour on the repair order.
Yup! My local Honda dealer did the "safety inspection" of my PCX after my accident. Their labor rates are $120/hr and they charged $60 for the inspection, which I was happy to pay to have "professionals" assess any damage to the bike. But the reality is that they probably only did a quick visual and then took it for a 5 min ride before giving it a thumb's-up. When I replaced all of the damaged panels I discovered that the passenger footpeg frame mounts were bent by more than 1/4" which misaligned the panel/peg fastening location by a full 1"!!

And some people wonder why they're referred to as "Stealers" :roll:
Eiron
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2015 PCX150
Color: Poseidon Black

Post by Eiron »

GatorGreg wrote:Also, I discovered that I can easily just rest my thumb on the horn button while my index and middle fingers cover the rear brake lever. This will enable me to immediately hit the horn if I find myself in a similar situation in the future. When I saw the guy's reverse lights go on I thought to myself "surely he's not really gonna back into me" and by the time I realized he really wasn't gonna stop I frantically tried to find the horn and push myself backward but it was too late - I think I hit the horn maybe a fraction of a second before impact.
Whenever I find myself riding in close confines around cars I always ride with my thumb resting against the PCX's horn button. And since my accident I've been thinking about doing the electric air-horn upgrade a few others here have done.
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: red PCX

Post by Mel46 »

The cops in Atlanta have been pulling over cars with dark tint on the Windows and giving them tickets or warnings. I really believe that they are doing this for their own safety now. There have been some cop shootings from cars with heavy tint on the rear and side windows. If the cop can not see into the back seat then he will pull you over, sometimes after calling for backup.

As for the air horn, I have one on each of our bikes. It is well worth the money. People can't even hear those things they call horns on these scooters, especially if they have their windows rolled up.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
gbru2505
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2017
Color: Carbon Grey

Post by gbru2505 »

I had a delivery van reverse into me and do a fair bit of plastics damage on a Honda Vision a few years back. It was caught on camera and company settled in full. The bike was under warranty and it went to the dealership for repairs at about £350. I was really specific that the van had forced me backwards and asked them to check the forks and steering fully as insurance was paying. They didn't and the steering completely seized up 6 months later. I really don't think it was checked properly. It was 'just a moped' attitude - y'know. I had to go back to the dealership and got a trade-in, but I was left a little out of pocket. Annoying.
G'Bru