Width vs burgman 400

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

Ganfax

Width vs burgman 400

Post by Ganfax »

I would like to know if the Forza 300 has a narrower width than the burgman 400? I’m rather short 5 foot 6 inches and found the burgman seat height ok but because of the width at the seat area my legs were rather bowed, forcing me to tip toe when seating on one at the dealer. Unfortunately the only Forza 300 for me to test ride is about 300 miles from me (I live in New York). It’s a long distance to test ride a scooter which may be just as wide as the burgman. Any answer to this post would be greatly appreciated.
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Re: Width vs burgman 400

Post by gn2 »

Hi, welcome to the forum. :)

If you can fit on a PCX, a red mk1 Forza 300 as sold in the US will be fine, the Forza 300 seat is an inch and a half lower.

This picture shows how the Forza 300 footboards are shaped to allow ease of getting feet down.

And this picture shows that the footboard cutaways are positioned exactly where your legs go with feet down.

The mk1 Forza 300 is definitely one of the best scooters for getting feet flat.
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: red PCX

Post by Mel46 »

Let me give you a word of advice though. The seat on the Forza may be a tad lower than the PCX, but your stance is wider, so if you are short you will have a harder time holding the Forza up. My wife tried to sit on it and found the seat to be a little wider than the PCX plus she had the width of the running boards, which are wider than those on the PCX, so she could not balance very well on top toes. You need to try one yourself.

She could ride my Burgman 400, though she looked like a flea on a dog. She is only 5 feet tall. Still put her on the Burgman 400 and she could ride the freeways without fear. We traded down to the PCX because we do way more in town riding and back roads where the speeds are 45 to 50 mph.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
Cycleruss
Year: 2016
Color: Silver

Post by Cycleruss »

I had a Yamaha Majesty 400 that my wife reluctantly rode. She is 5'3" but the seat width was too much.
She sat on a Forza at the dealer, but did not like it's seat and lower width either.
She loves her 2016 PCX. I do too.