new to the pcx not to cvt

Drivetrain upgrades, engine upgrades, or any other mods to gain speed or acceleration.

Moderator: Modsquad

mikelx5
Regular User
Regular User

new to the pcx not to cvt

Post by mikelx5 »

so ive been watching the forum and ive found some cvt slider testing and contra spring testing.

the big question i have is that do the contra springs due any damage in the long run. i know in the ruckus and gy6 scooters they tend to.

does the stock vario have stops to keep the rollers from going out all the way. if this is the case could explain the yes and no from a vario upgrade. im looking into 13g sliders to upgrade to.

has anybody used the driveface upgrade and is it just lighter or just better quality or what i cannot find much info. if lighter you can use a heavier roller meaning more top end.

ok that all being said im very impressed with my 67mph top speed of my pcx150 and it rides like a dream.
DISOBEDIENCE CREW
Pcxdemon
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Re: new to the pcx not to cvt

Post by Pcxdemon »

mikelx5 wrote:so ive been watching the forum and ive found some cvt slider testing and contra spring testing.

the big question i have is that do the contra springs due any damage in the long run. i know in the ruckus and gy6 scooters they tend to.

does the stock vario have stops to keep the rollers from going out all the way. if this is the case could explain the yes and no from a vario upgrade. im looking into 13g sliders to upgrade to.

has anybody used the driveface upgrade and is it just lighter or just better quality or what i cannot find much info. if lighter you can use a heavier roller meaning more top end.

ok that all being said im very impressed with my 67mph top speed of my pcx150 and it rides like a dream.
All varios that i have seen have stops..heavier rollers will not give you more top end and lighter rollers will not take away the top end as long as they're not too light and make the engine over rev on full throttle and beyond engine max power curve,stock is tuned for torque curve. I have found that by lightening the rollers it gives me more control of my given rpm via throttle,sort of like extending from 2-3sp manual to 5sp manual transmission. I can hear 5-6 diff tunes (stages of rpm rises) as i open my throttle bit by bit till its full wot.(make sense?)
Stock drive face on Pcx is 15 degree face,same as vario's. Going for a lighter one will cost you torque and top end power so its not advisable to lighten it unless its close circuit racing (thats where it will perform well up to 80kmh). However if you can get a 14 degree angle outer pulley than thats good upgrade. It will exert more upward force on the belt giving it faster acceleration and also bit more top end as the gap between the pulleys up top will be slightly narrower as well. NCY makes one and its available from Jiangwayne scooters in the states. I have been lobbying Webike to list 14 degree outer pulley (14deg) made by AdvancePro,so far their products have been outstanding and of high quality so thats my next purchase.
mikelx5
Regular User
Regular User

Post by mikelx5 »

the ncy one is the one corsport sells also correct?

now how much of a drop in mpg do you see in lighter rollers?im thinking 13g sliders would be good?

so the reason nobody sees much improvement on the variator is the stops it sounds like.
heard that gy6 150 variators fit and that could fix the problem and net anywhere from 2-10 mph

also thank you for the help im not sure how bigger engines will react im used to low cc i have a elite 80(4 stroke) that i took from 42-43 to 53 gps verified so im not new to the cvt tuning just the reaction to a fuel injected larger cc scoot
DISOBEDIENCE CREW
Pcxdemon
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Pcxdemon »

mikelx5 wrote:the ncy one is the one corsport sells also correct?

now how much of a drop in mpg do you see in lighter rollers?im thinking 13g sliders would be good?

so the reason nobody sees much improvement on the variator is the stops it sounds like.
heard that gy6 150 variators fit and that could fix the problem and net anywhere from 2-10 mph

also thank you for the help im not sure how bigger engines will react im used to low cc i have a elite 80(4 stroke) that i took from 42-43 to 53 gps verified so im not new to the cvt tuning just the reaction to a fuel injected larger cc scoot
If any it will depend on your new style of riding and using all of Pcx throttle. It will be nippier of the line so youll tend to give it a go alot of times which may affect you mpg slightly but not worth even worrying about. Mine is 170cc with cam,31mm throttle body,pod filter,fully modded trans and my worst fuel usage is at 3L/100km,stock is anywhere from 2.4L-2.8L/100km....
Pcx has available lots of aftermarket varios that will increase acceleration and top speed,no need to go for a third party gy6 gear...
mikelx5
Regular User
Regular User

Post by mikelx5 »

To be honest I'm here in us and have no clue how to convert it to mpg
DISOBEDIENCE CREW
Pcxdemon
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Pcxdemon »

mikelx5 wrote:To be honest I'm here in us and have no clue how to convert it to mpg
1 gallon =4.4L
62miles =100km
rest should be easy....
Taz
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Taz »

A US gallon of 100LL avgas is 3.79 litres or 2.7 kg. I think you used imperial gallons which is more.
mikelx5
Regular User
Regular User

Post by mikelx5 »

wow that is not much of a drop and one more question is there a factory speed limiter or just rev limiter
DISOBEDIENCE CREW
Pcxdemon
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Pcxdemon »

mikelx5 wrote:wow that is not much of a drop and one more question is there a factory speed limiter or just rev limiter
Factory fuel cut limiter....you reach say 9300rpm and computer cuts of the fuel.
mikelx5
Regular User
Regular User

Post by mikelx5 »

thanks for all the help demon its gonna be a lil while becuase i havent even hit 300 miles yet but ill be doing a build thread as soon as i do
DISOBEDIENCE CREW
mikelx5
Regular User
Regular User

Post by mikelx5 »

so i swapped to sliders and i dont think im gonna get better millage because the 8000rpms mixed with that open intake, removed snorkle, makes me heavy handed lol
DISOBEDIENCE CREW