Another new member...

Pictures of your scooter, ride reports, and day trips.

Moderator: Modsquad

thaicanuck

Another new member...

Post by thaicanuck »

Hi everyone,

Just a quick note to introduce myself. Originally from Canada, my wife and I have spent the last six years living and working in Wuhan, China. A couple of months ago, I retired to Chiangmai, Thailand. After thinking about it for two months, I broke down yesterday and purchased a Honda PCX150. I was waffling between a scooter and a motorcycle :). In Canada, we rode two-up on a 1500cc Kawasaki Nomad and did numerous tours around North America. Racked up 50,000 km in the five years that we had the bike before moving to China. In China, I had a Honda Wave as well as a 750cc Chang Jiang Chinese sidecar bike. I have to say I have been impressed by our new little member of the family. We rode up the mountain behind our new home today and kept up with the other traffic. It has a lot of spunk!

dasshreddar
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: forzaruckuspcx
Color: black

Re: Another new member...

Post by dasshreddar »

Welcome to the forum, and I'm digging the brown 8)
dustin91
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: Red

Post by dustin91 »

Ni Hao! Amazing how Thailand seems to be quite the place to live these days for us North Americans. I'm dying to visit!
kramnala58
Mod Emeritus
Mod Emeritus
Color: White is faster

Post by kramnala58 »

Welcome to a fellow Canadian now living in Thailand. I spent a dozen years in the US before moving to Thailand where I work in Bangkok.
2010 Honda PCX 125 in Thailand (White) - "White Lightning" Sold in Sept 2017 :(
2009 Yamaha Majesty YP400 in USA (Metalic Titanium) - "The Throne" Sold in June 2020 :(
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Post by gn2 »

Never seen one that colour, its like a big shiny bar of chocolate, yummy!
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
Slickvic
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Slickvic »

kramnala58 wrote:Welcome to a fellow Canadian now living in Thailand. I spent a dozen years in the US before moving to Thailand where I work in Bangkok.

I wanna move to Thailand..... :cry: :( I will have to live vicariously thru you guys.....
Previous - 1986 Honda Elite 250, 2007 Ninja 500r, 2013 Honda PCX-150
Current - 2015 Honda CBR650F :o
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

thaicanuck wrote:Hi everyone,

Just a quick note to introduce myself. Originally from Canada, my wife and I have spent the last six years living and working in Wuhan, China. A couple of months ago, I retired to Chiangmai, Thailand. After thinking about it for two months, I broke down yesterday and purchased a Honda PCX150. I was waffling between a scooter and a motorcycle :). In Canada, we rode two-up on a 1500cc Kawasaki Nomad and did numerous tours around North America. Racked up 50,000 km in the five years that we had the bike before moving to China. In China, I had a Honda Wave as well as a 750cc Chang Jiang Chinese sidecar bike. I have to say I have been impressed by our new little member of the family. We rode up the mountain behind our new home today and kept up with the other traffic. It has a lot of spunk!

You must like it o_O
PKrellner
Regular User
Regular User

Post by PKrellner »

So somebody tell me the benefits for me to move from the US to Thailand.
dasshreddar
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: forzaruckuspcx
Color: black

Post by dasshreddar »

PKrellner wrote:So somebody tell me the benefits for me to move from the US to Thailand.
more options for thai food... :lol:
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Post by gn2 »

PKrellner wrote:So somebody tell me the benefits for me to move from the US to Thailand.
Fewer rednecks.
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
kramnala58
Mod Emeritus
Mod Emeritus
Color: White is faster

Post by kramnala58 »

I am here because of work. I have met many from the US who because they remember it when they were here on leave while serving in Vietnam. One of the biggest benefits I hear of is the relatively affordable cost of living. Since I purchased a PCX, an obvious benefit is the ability to purchase PCX upgrades real cheap. ;) :D
2010 Honda PCX 125 in Thailand (White) - "White Lightning" Sold in Sept 2017 :(
2009 Yamaha Majesty YP400 in USA (Metalic Titanium) - "The Throne" Sold in June 2020 :(
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

It's a beautiful country with fantastic people

Forget that. Buy can buy a bride with your dollars.

Just out of interest have you ever been out of the US?
PKrellner
Regular User
Regular User

Post by PKrellner »

you you wrote:
It's a beautiful country with fantastic people

Forget that. Buy can buy a bride with your dollars.

Just out of interest have you ever been out of the US?
I've been outside the US on various vacations over the years. I also lived and worked in Germany for 7 years and really enjoyed that. When I was in Europe it gave me the opportunity to visit a lot of countries that would have been unaffordable if I was living in the US. I've also been all over the US since I worked in various locations allowing me to take road trips around the country. Still a few more states I'd like to visit so I guess I'll have to put those on my bucket list.