So long Pcx , welcome forza

General Honda Forza 300 chat, questions about the Forza, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Re: So long Pcx , welcome forza

Post by WhiteNoise »

Thanks for your replies guys.
skuuter, could anyone buying a Forza "insist on" having that mold release agent cleaned off prior to taking delivery? Now that you have brought this to our attention (a good thing btw ;) I think it "should be" done. I'd go a far as saying, it should be law. I wonder how many riders have taken a fall not knowing the tires were dressed? Scary stuff :?
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
trigg123
Regular User
Regular User

Post by trigg123 »

white noise, the best thing for new tyres is 60 miles or so scrubbing them in, just ride steady for the first few miles and make sure they are warm before corning harder, you'll be fine, very pleased with the dunlops as this is the first time I have used them
Scoots so far- Peugeot jetforce 125,honda Dylan 125,yamaha x max 125,honda pcx 125,honda nss300 forza ;-) and bikes were kh250, zxr750L1,zx9B1,zx9c1,wr426,xjr1300sp,09-z1000
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

Thanks for your input trigg. So 60 miles is enough? And, Easy. I can handle that, But..... What is your take on having them done prior too? Is it possible to remove this Stuff without the dealer breaking in your tires? (That's a no, no to me). skuuter mentioned some kind of de-agent-izer (can't see back to page one of this thread to recheck that). Tis better to save all from an unnecessary spill...right?
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

skuuter wrote:
gn2 wrote:Only done 600 miles so no idea how well they will last.
Which is the most important thing for me.
"Lasting" is my second priority, and with about 2000+ plus miles now on mine, so far, so good visually. I ride so many really twisty mountain roads here and in mixed groups (Motorcycles and Scooters), traction, especially at near full lean becomes a very critical issue with me. I was a little concerned at first, but the Dunlops have seated in fine. Possibly a "mold release agent" issue at first."Most" Tires have this cleaned off before delivery most of the time now, but used to be a real issue a few years ago. "We" used to wipe Tires down with paint thinner before a first ride due to this. My Wife's Forza had a bit of the same issue at first...both are fine now. I've been commuting this week on the PCX150, saving the Forza for longer weekend rides..... 8)

Not sure I would put cellulose thinners on my tyres. Just take it easy for 10 miles or so and gradually work around to the edge of the tyre
trigg123
Regular User
Regular User

Post by trigg123 »

Try not to think about it to much, ride steady say as if it was wet make sure they are warm and all will b good
Scoots so far- Peugeot jetforce 125,honda Dylan 125,yamaha x max 125,honda pcx 125,honda nss300 forza ;-) and bikes were kh250, zxr750L1,zx9B1,zx9c1,wr426,xjr1300sp,09-z1000
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

trigg123 wrote:Try not to think about it to much, ride steady say as if it was wet make sure they are warm and all will b good

Exactly :D
skuuter
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by skuuter »

you you wrote:
skuuter wrote:
gn2 wrote:Only done 600 miles so no idea how well they will last.
Which is the most important thing for me.
"Lasting" is my second priority, and with about 2000+ plus miles now on mine, so far, so good visually. I ride so many really twisty mountain roads here and in mixed groups (Motorcycles and Scooters), traction, especially at near full lean becomes a very critical issue with me. I was a little concerned at first, but the Dunlops have seated in fine. Possibly a "mold release agent" issue at first."Most" Tires have this cleaned off before delivery most of the time now, but used to be a real issue a few years ago. "We" used to wipe Tires down with paint thinner before a first ride due to this. My Wife's Forza had a bit of the same issue at first...both are fine now. I've been commuting this week on the PCX150, saving the Forza for longer weekend rides..... 8)

Not sure I would put cellulose thinners on my tyres. Just take it easy for 10 miles or so and gradually work around to the edge of the tyre
Yeah, I no longer do this....years ago in the "Old Days", this was pretty much a "have to".....wipe em' down with a rag soaked in paint thinner, wash it off, go ride. The old Mold Release Agents were like riding on grease for quite a while. Tire Companies seem to be better about pre-cleaning now. Not sure what the Dunlops on the Forza's issue was...I always ride slowly, carefully to start with, but for a while, every time it rained, they were terribly slick.....the issue seemed to totally go away after about the 200 mile mark. Haven't had this happen in years...maybe just the Dunlop compound......
Ridin' and Socializin' the Southeastern USA on a 2014 Honda FORZA 300 Scooter...45+ years of Riding averaging 30,000 miles per year...!!!
trigg123
Regular User
Regular User

Post by trigg123 »

update.
ive had a week or so now to get used to the forza on my commute and also pleasure. if I'm honest there is nothing bad to report. it does everything very very well. its comfy, handles like a bigger motorbike, is nimble enough, storage is good, dash is superb oh and of course it has a clock! its quick of the mark and picks up speed better than expected for a "heavy" scoot. really cant speak anymore highly of this scoot. if your not sure weather to part with the cash, then I would say do it you wont be disappointed , yes it is a lot of money and yes you can buy a larger motorbike, but for me I absolutely love the fact there's no gearbox /chain and sprockets to mess around with, get on and go.
very very pleased
Darth Emma
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Darth Emma »

trigg123 wrote:update.
ive had a week or so now to get used to the forza on my commute and also pleasure. if I'm honest there is nothing bad to report. it does everything very very well. its comfy, handles like a bigger motorbike, is nimble enough, storage is good, dash is superb oh and of course it has a clock! its quick of the mark and picks up speed better than expected for a "heavy" scoot. really cant speak anymore highly of this scoot. if your not sure weather to part with the cash, then I would say do it you wont be disappointed , yes it is a lot of money and yes you can buy a larger motorbike, but for me I absolutely love the fact there's no gearbox /chain and sprockets to mess around with, get on and go.
very very pleased

I've also had my Forza for about a week. I love it. I traded a bigger bike in for it because I didn't like the weight of the bigger bike (I had trouble with low speed maneuvers with it and it felt unsafe for my skill level - I've only had my license for about a month). However, now I am having a blast with the Forza. I look forward to riding it every day.

The Forza has plenty of power for me. I have had it up to 75 mph with plenty of throttle left. (Although I will admit, it doesn't have as much torque as the bigger bike I had.) The Forza's low-speed handling is very easy and I feel confident riding it. I do feel like my riding skills are improving a lot as I put more miles on it.

Even though the price tag of the Forza is higher than many other scooters, it was worth it for me. I am moving up from a Honda Ruckus (50 cc), which I am keeping, but there are several things about the Ruckus that made me decide to buy a bigger scoot. I frequently wish the Ruck had more power, more storage, better gauges, etc. I sometimes want to ride on the main roads with higher speed limits (which I never ride on my Ruckus). The Forza has all those things the Ruckus lacks. For some bikes, the price is kept down by deleting features. Honda didn't do that with the Forza. They put those "I wish" items on this bike and I'm glad to have them.

Most importantly, I really look forward to riding it every day. I ride it without being nervous at all. A bike should be a joy to ride. That's one reason we choose to ride them.

So, I totally agree with you, trigg123. I love my Forza and it's a perfect fit for me.
Rides 2014 Honda Forza, 2012 Honda Ruckus
strkngfang
Regular User
Regular User

Post by strkngfang »

So glad you're loving the Forza, as I am my PCX. After enjoying the Reflex(2nd gen Forza) & the Silverwing, the PCX is perfect for me. Maxis are nice but if you don't need them for highway use, which I don't, then they aren't practical. I do miss the comfort of the Silverwing but I'm eyeing a new seat for the spring. I can make due through the winter. Truth be told, if the Forza would have came out in 2012, I would have gotten it and not the SWing & would still be happy. I'm pretty attached to my PCX now:)
Dan
2015 Honda Forza- red
MrSuperchicken1
Regular User
Regular User

Post by MrSuperchicken1 »

So what are everyone's updated thoughts on their Forzas? I am looking to trade in my PCX for the Forza, and would like to know your longer time thoughts since it has been more months...of course some may be warm weather riders and havent really riden much since this post...but if you have, please update your thoughts- pros cons, etc...
Thanks.
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Post by gn2 »

Mine isn't new now.
Over five thousand miles done, rear tyre has got at least another two thousand miles left, maybe more.
I think its the best 300cc scooter available.
The extra power has made a big difference to my commute, the PCX just wasn't fast enough.
Economy is good, I've averaged 78mpg
Still got a few months left till its second service, if I had bought a Taiwanese brand scooter it would be less than a fortnight till its third service was due.
In comparison to a PCX:

Pros:

Faster
More comfortable
Bigger storage
Better brakes
ABS
Fuel computer
Longer fuel range
8,000 mile service interval
Clock

Cons:

None
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
blackcat54
Regular User
Regular User

Post by blackcat54 »

gn2,

Have you ever ridden a Burgman 400 or 650?

Just curious about your comparison (if any) between the Burgs and the Forza.
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by gn2 »

I've never ridden either of them.
The 400 isn't too awful but the 650 is a joke.
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
willajabir
Regular User
Regular User

Post by willajabir »

superchickn,
I've owned 50cc to 1800cc, 27 total ranging from the scooter to the Goldwing.
Coast to coast in USA on all of them from 500cc and up.
The above is just to show from what point of view I'm judging the Forza and no other purpose.
I love my Forza, but the most common complaint I hear from most is the lack of leg room.
I'm 5'10" with 30" inseam and I have plenty of room. If your legs are longer, you MAY find it a bit cramped.
I have enjoyed several 300 mile/day trips since purchase in December. Total now is 2500 miles.
It handles the trips fine.
The seat? Well, it's a Honda seat. As an old fart, I need to make comfort adjustments to most seats these days.
I like the larger windscreen option.
Easy to work on, 68 mpg US and the service intervals are great.
The Burger 650 Exec was sweet, comfortable, and smooth. But, it wasn't as much fun or as nimble.
You'll just have to make it your own like we do with all our skuts!
Larry
2014 NSS300E born on 12/11/13
May the Forza be with you

my Forza pics: https://postimg.cc/gallery/Y9JWhsg
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: red PCX

Post by Mel46 »

I have a Burgman 400 and when I went to the dealer to look at and sit on a Forza, I was disappointed. Maybe it is because the 400 is really comfortable, or maybe it is because I thought the Forza was a little cramped, but my main complaint was that the seat was way too wide for my comfort, especially once I had to put my feet down. I felt like I was straddling a horse. I guess your point of view can be prejudiced by other scooters, but in my case comfort was important. The fact that my wife was too short to be able to ride it as well was the final deciding factor though.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
MichRocks
Regular User
Regular User

Post by MichRocks »

Mel46 wrote:I have a Burgman 400 and when I went to the dealer to look at and sit on a Forza, I was disappointed. Maybe it is because the 400 is really comfortable, or maybe it is because I thought the Forza was a little cramped, but my main complaint was that the seat was way too wide for my comfort, especially once I had to put my feet down. I felt like I was straddling a horse. I guess your point of view can be prejudiced by other scooters, but in my case comfort was important. The fact that my wife was too short to be able to ride it as well was the final deciding factor though.
That's why Fizzy chose the Burgman 200 over the Forza as well. Comfort is everything when riding, and we are all geometrically different. I love the Forza, and it feels good to me. My wife can't touch the ground on it, but really wants to join me on rides, but NOT as a passenger. I am seriously entertaining the Burgman 200 for her as well. I would be the first bike she has had in quite a few years, and we would need to start off comfortable, with weight she can handle. But right now, a yamaha snowmobile makes more sense.
GeeGusKahn
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: Red

Post by GeeGusKahn »

gn2 wrote:I've never ridden either of them.
The 400 isn't too awful but the 650 is a joke.
statement on 650 - based on what or why ????
thanks
Sean
Sean, who loves Hi-Vis everything.
2013 Red PCX150 - NCY V and DF, 11 g rollers, stock OEM belt.
2006 Wht. Burgman 650, 30,000+ miles, running like a champ..
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by gn2 »

Just don't like it.
Simple as that.
AustinPCX
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by AustinPCX »

MrSuperchicken1 wrote:So what are everyone's updated thoughts on their Forzas? I am looking to trade in my PCX for the Forza, and would like to know your longer time thoughts since it has been more months...of course some may be warm weather riders and havent really riden much since this post...but if you have, please update your thoughts- pros cons, etc...
Thanks.
I'm at 7 months and 3600 miles. Mostly just ride to work and back, all of it on the highway. Have yet to ride more than 40 miles round trip in one day. That will change once we get warmer weather. Seat is ok for now, but being 6' 1" it would be perfect if I could move back about 6 inches for longer rides.

Took me about one day not to notice the size difference from the PCX, but could see where smaller folks might have an issue. I really appreciate the extra speed and weight of the Forza out on the highway on windy days.

I had a medium Givi windshield on the PCX which I thought looked better than the original but didn't add any aerodynamic benefit for me. I don't think any of the aftermarket windshields for the Forza look better than the original and looks like they would only put massive amount of wind buffeting on my head.

I love the look of the instrument panel, but find that the gas gauge is completely useless. Thankfully the fuel economy gauge works great, so I have no problem knowing how I can go on each tank. Just have to remember to reset the gauge each time I fill up.

The extra storage under the seat is a huge bonus. I can fit my backpack, jacket and full size helmet under the seat. The PCX was a struggle to get just the helmet and jacket, backpack was a definite no go. Never interested in getting a top case, think they look a little goofy.

Overall, the Forza is a much better fit for me. There's no road or highway I wouldn't feel comfortable riding it. I just hop on and go, no need to plan any scooter friendly routes.