Takegawa Pcx 170cc

Drivetrain upgrades, engine upgrades, or any other mods to gain speed or acceleration.

Moderator: Modsquad

waspmike
Regular User
Regular User

Re: Takegawa Pcx 170cc

Post by waspmike »

wingz wrote:Do floating valves also limit RPM? That might be what is happening.
Yuminashi said it is a problem with the stock springs.
Was reputed to happen to the Mark One 125. Use Honda Sonic double springs.
Mgalutia88
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2013 PCX 150
Color: Red

Post by Mgalutia88 »

yes valve float can also limit rpm but that is a soft, simply wont rev higher type of situation. Pulling fuel or spark is a hard limiter where spark for instance is removed every other fire sequence per cylinder so its a sharp limit.
Pcxdemon
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Pcxdemon »

Check this FI Module from Enigma! Has some awesome abilities...
http://japan.webike.net/products/21423054.html
Xedos9er

Post by Xedos9er »

Wow, it would be nice if it could be used on a pcx 150. Is it plug&play or do you have to cut wires?
Pcxdemon
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Pcxdemon »

Pcxdemon wrote:Just a short vid to show Koso AFR meter in action and also small acceleration bouts from the ride back home...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D6pd_PWXX1E

8) :geek: :D
Just making sure that this vid sticks around so everyone can see it before it gets lost in the infinite pages of this tread....
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

Mgalutia88 wrote:yes valve float can also limit rpm but that is a soft, simply wont rev higher type of situation. Pulling fuel or spark is a hard limiter where spark for instance is removed every other fire sequence per cylinder so its a sharp limit.
It wouln't be that soft when a valve touches the piston head

I thought a hard rev limiter was one that simply cut the fuel or spark whereas a soft limiter doesn't allow too much over rev but doesn't kill the spark or fuelling?
Mgalutia88
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Mgalutia88 »

Sorry I didn't know hat a soft limiter was actually a technical term...

Anyway. My '87 Porsche 944 uses a fuel cut limiter. I have missed a shift and watched the tach jump north of 7000rpm where the fuel cut is at 6800rpm. A spark cut rev limiter prevents over rev in practically any situation as actually your tach runs off of the spark signal. A non interference engine when the valves float just stops revving but also the engine is lazy as opposed to stiffer springs which make it rev happy up to the rev limiter. I had this experience in an old 4cyl Ford Ranger. I doubled the hp on that engine from 90hp to about 190hp but anyway.
Pcxdemon
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Pcxdemon »

Ive been smelling coolant while pulling up at the lights,couldnt see any trace of the water leak at any time,just the smell and the need to ever slightly top up the coolant bottle every week....I thought SHIT!! it must be the head-gasket or something in that line...

Few week ago i washed it and while i was hosing the radiator down to give it a good clean,water came down with the coolant together,green colour...I new/thought straight away what it was. So i started the scooter,run it for some 15 min without any radiator covers to see where its coming from,but there was nothing....So i thought OK...maybe it was just an overspill of the coolant that dried up around the radiator when i filled it last time and ive hosed it down of the radiator when i gave it a wash. So i put everything back together and rode it for a week. First few days there was no evidence of the leak or coolant loss,than suddenly i lost bit of water and saw the signs of coolant at the bottom of the radiator :x
Whats been happening is there is a hairline crack on the fan side of the radiator and as fan spun it was sucking the coolant away from it and drying it up as fast as it sucked it away...amazing!
So finally i took it down this arvo and voila i found this:
Now ive got two choices,order new one from Partzilla for around $100 shipped and wait 2-3 weeks or try and weld repair this one probably for the same cost and have it back the same day...
Mgalutia88
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Mgalutia88 »

Well, I just checked US prices. $97 from the dealer for the '11 125 model and $156 for the '13 150 esp model. Hate to say I'm glad it's you and not me right now but I would probably go wit a new one to avoid the same issue happening again. You know how it's never one spot that's weak... Usually 3-4 in my experience... Vlad I wish for your sake you ha a foot of snow on the ground then you wouldn't blink ;) I did gt my chameleon factory contra spring bearing and new torque driver installed today. The 150 torque driver has a different profile than the 125. I'll have to post up pictures tomorrow.

Sorry to hear about the radiator.
Pcxdemon
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Pcxdemon »

Mgalutia88 wrote:Well, I just checked US prices. $97 from the dealer for the '11 125 model and $156 for the '13 150 esp model. Hate to say I'm glad it's you and not me right now but I would probably go wit a new one to avoid the same issue happening again. You know how it's never one spot that's weak... Usually 3-4 in my experience... Vlad I wish for your sake you ha a foot of snow on the ground then you wouldn't blink ;) I did gt my chameleon factory contra spring bearing and new torque driver installed today. The 150 torque driver has a different profile than the 125. I'll have to post up pictures tomorrow.

Sorry to hear about the radiator.
Thanks Mike,was that $97 with shipping to Aus?
Im not too worried about it,not a huge deal.Its going so well atm that im willing to overlook this small mishap.. ;)
While ive got top fairings off it will give me something else to fiddle my fingers with,give my wife a break.. :o :lol:
Pcxdemon
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Pcxdemon »

Just ordered it from Partzilla, $90USD shipped..not bad at all.
Mgalutia88
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Mgalutia88 »

No. Not bad that was just the price from a local dealer o go pick up.
Pcxdemon
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Pcxdemon »

This is what a tuned Pcx is capable.....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tYTTp99 ... Ms8eUrmFGw

:lol:
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: red PCX

Post by Mel46 »

Did you see that video of the T-Max 500 turbo? I didn'tthink any scooters had turbo capability.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
mikelx5
Regular User
Regular User

Post by mikelx5 »

there is also a 155 zuma turbo
DISOBEDIENCE CREW
Pcxdemon
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Pcxdemon »

Mel46 wrote:Did you see that video of the T-Max 500 turbo? I didn'tthink any scooters had turbo capability.
I did,insane!! Thats what tmax needs to convincingly beats modded Pcx of the lights,a turbo... :lol: 500cc twin vs 170cc single and fuk all difference in a few hundred meter race (usually up to the road 'speed limit' race).. :roll: :lol:
Kman2k

Post by Kman2k »

I have the new PCX 125cc - 2014. I gonna buy the Takegawa kit but could you please let me know which one I need to buy !
http://japan.webike.net/products/21226844.html
Or
http://japan.webike.net/products/20695735.html

Should i buy anything elese ?
- bigger injector ?
- thottle ?
- belt ?
Please advise which parts I should buy from webike website too

Thanks for your help.

BTW I am from Vietnam, my budget about $1200 (max) to spend on this new pCX
Pcxdemon
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Pcxdemon »

Kman2k wrote:I have the new PCX 125cc - 2014. I gonna buy the Takegawa kit but could you please let me know which one I need to buy !
http://japan.webike.net/products/21226844.html
Or
http://japan.webike.net/products/20695735.html

Should i buy anything elese ?
- bigger injector ?
- thottle ?
- belt ?
Please advise which parts I should buy from webike website too

Thanks for your help.

BTW I am from Vietnam, my budget about $1200 (max) to spend on this new pCX
Too early to say the kits are compatible for the 2014 Pcx. You will have to wait little bit until more info comes about the new model...
Kman2k

Post by Kman2k »

I been told by the honda dealer it using the same engine ad the 2013 ESP FI, same specs
Pcxdemon
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Pcxdemon »

Kman2k wrote:I been told by the honda dealer it using the same engine ad the 2013 ESP FI, same specs
If he said that,than you may be ok....