New White PCX 150

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Re: New White PCX 150

Post by you you »

The Forza looks like it has had too many pis...
ChesneyHawkes

Post by ChesneyHawkes »

you you wrote:The Forza looks like it has had too many pis...
I'd love a Forza, but it doesn't do the job I require, cutting through rush hour traffic jams.
ChesneyHawkes

Post by ChesneyHawkes »

BrAtKo wrote:
ChesneyHawkes wrote:
iceman wrote:Be great if the new 2014 125 PCX has the guide holes ready made for a top-box.
I'll unscrew the back plate and see if they have pre-drilled holes.
Any news regarding to this ?
Wanted to unscrew the plate and see what is underneath, but I'm stumped by the type bolt/screw used. Any advice?
Attachments
IMG_0022.jpg
IMG_0022.jpg (371.02 KiB) Viewed 1067 times
iceman
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2014 125 (LED)
Color: White

Post by iceman »

Not sure if the middle bit pulls out, otherwise looks like a rivet.
kramnala58
Mod Emeritus
Mod Emeritus
Color: White is faster

Post by kramnala58 »

It looks to me like it is a plastic snap with the center section somehow popping up to allow the outer part to pull out of the hole. I have no idea how to lift that center section out though. It may well be a one time use snap, so be careful before you decide to try to remove it. You might want to stop in at a dealer and ask.

BTW .... not sure how bad the rush hour traffic is in Chonburri, but that is the main reason I won't get a Forza while living in Bangkok. I live in the downtown business district off of Sukhumvit Road and the traffic is bad for about 16-18 hours a day. The Forza is a real challenge to lane split with, although I have also been not so politely told by another member that the minimal size difference shouldn't be an issue. I have a feeling that that person hasn't seen much of the world beyond their own home town. ;)

If I ever move back to the Canada or the US a Forza will definately be a an option, but might also consider a Silverwing.
2010 Honda PCX 125 in Thailand (White) - "White Lightning" Sold in Sept 2017 :(
2009 Yamaha Majesty YP400 in USA (Metalic Titanium) - "The Throne" Sold in June 2020 :(
pcx man
Regular User
Regular User

Post by pcx man »

That is a reusable push pin. Push the center down, then use a small screw driver to lift it out at the edge. Once out the center can be pushed back up. It can be a little tricky. Install the pin and push the center down to be flush as it was when you started.
FritzPinguin
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2013 PCX150
Color: Red

Post by FritzPinguin »

iceman wrote:Not sure if the middle bit pulls out, otherwise looks like a rivet.
Don't try to pull it out. Push it in, it is the same like at the battery cover of the 2013. After you push the middle in about 5 mm you can pull the beast out. To remount, push back the center, insert the plug and push the center in until it is even. The procedure is described in the manual.

P.S.: Sorry pcs man, I did not see your posting :oops: .
Bike history: Germany: Staiger 50cc 2-stroke, BMW 250 (from 1952, my age), Honda Dax ST70, Honda CB 125 (Twin), Honda CB 750, Kawa Z400j
Thailand: Kawa Zephyr 400, Honda Wave 110 S, Kawa ZX130, PCX 150 (as far as I can remember)
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: red PCX

Post by Mel46 »

I have those all over my Burgman 400. Here is a link to where I get replacement clips. A lot of motorcycles and scooters are using those now because they are cheap to replace. http://www.boltmotorcyclehardware.com/p ... ivets.html
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

Cool! Thanks Mel
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
BrAtKo
Regular User
Regular User

Post by BrAtKo »

Is it that similar clip to this please ?

http://youtu.be/dTWzgmUsQCA
I've already sold my PCX and swapped to NC750S DCT
ChesneyHawkes

Post by ChesneyHawkes »

Good job everyone. Used the phillips screwdriver in the toolkit to puncture the middle bit, a bit of wiggling with the plastic plate and voila!

Do you think I can attach a generic mount? I've never had a top box so any advice would be great.
Attachments
IMG_9667.jpg
IMG_9667.jpg (288.52 KiB) Viewed 1003 times
ChesneyHawkes

Post by ChesneyHawkes »

FritzPinguin wrote:
iceman wrote:Not sure if the middle bit pulls out, otherwise looks like a rivet.
Don't try to pull it out. Push it in, it is the same like at the battery cover of the 2013. After you push the middle in about 5 mm you can pull the beast out. To remount, push back the center, insert the plug and push the center in until it is even. The procedure is described in the manual.

P.S.: Sorry pcs man, I did not see your posting :oops: .

The manual I've got is in Thai! :lol:
kramnala58
Mod Emeritus
Mod Emeritus

Post by kramnala58 »

ChesneyHawkes wrote:Do you think I can attach a generic mount?
That looks exactly like what you would need to put on the generic mount. You will probably need to drill out the piece that you removed so that the holes in it are large enough.

I used the generic mount because, in my opinion, it looks less bulky than having the Honda one along with the GIVI one, which makes it look like it has two mounting plates.

As well, if you put on a box that has a brake light, you will likely need to remove the plastic piece that is still there so that you can access the brake light wiring. I have the wiring instructions to hook up a GIVI box, but what I would be uncertain about is if the 2014 model kept the same wire colours as the previous models. That could be determined by a simple visual check. It is really quite simple. Just let me know if you want it.
2009 Yamaha Majesty YP400 in USA (Metalic Titanium) - "The Throne" Sold in June 2020 :(
ChesneyHawkes

Post by ChesneyHawkes »

That looks exactly like what you would need to put on the generic mount. You will probably need to drill out the piece that you removed so that the holes in it are large enough.
[/quote]

I don't think I need to drill the plate that I removed, it just covers the holes, nothing else. I'm sure the mount would obscure the whole plate area. The way it's grooved, there may be specific mount available from Honda. I think a tighter interlocking fit would be much sturdier and allow more weight on the back.

I looked at the Givi mount, not impressed when comparing to the single piece bracket that Honda produce.
6ftMach1Girl
Regular User
Regular User

Post by 6ftMach1Girl »

So now I'm very curious - would that piece fit on a 2013 model, so I wouldn't have to drill holes?
BrAtKo
Regular User
Regular User

New White PCX 150

Post by BrAtKo »

I've made an order of American top case holder to Europe. Total cost 65$. It seems much stronger.
ChesneyHawkes

Post by ChesneyHawkes »

6ftMach1Girl wrote:So now I'm very curious - would that piece fit on a 2013 model, so I wouldn't have to drill holes?

The rear of the 2014 is very different to the 2013, it exposes the who area for the top box in a rectangular shape so I just remove the cover plate. The 2013 has no cover plate and you have to actually drill the body work.

Does Honda make a bodywork panel with pre-drilled holes? Seems like that would be useful for those who don't have the inclination to do it themselves. I would put myself in that bracket as a DIY job would probably end up with it looking like swiss cheese!
kramnala58
Mod Emeritus
Mod Emeritus

Post by kramnala58 »

ChesneyHawkes wrote:Does Honda make a bodywork panel with pre-drilled holes?
I have seen one here in Thailand and it seems that if there was one, Thailand would surely be a place to get them.

You might consider ordering a spare one in case you swap the bike out without the box.
ChesneyHawkes

Post by ChesneyHawkes »

kramnala58 wrote:
ChesneyHawkes wrote:Does Honda make a bodywork panel with pre-drilled holes?
I have seen one here in Thailand and it seems that if there was one, Thailand would surely be a place to get them.

You might consider ordering a spare one in case you swap the bike out without the box.

Not an issue for me as I have the 2014 model with removable cover, doesn't need holes to be drilled.
BrAtKo
Regular User
Regular User

Post by BrAtKo »

chesney every cover if you mean tail bodywork panel is removable :) but on previous models, on removed panel the drilling of holes was needed. How it is on your new model is not so clear for me. Do you need only remove black plastic bolts to open the holes ? After removing how the body panel holds on its place ? Does it mean I cannot use this top case plate 08L70-KZY-910 ? Thanks. P.S. My new PCX should be available 16th april here than I prepare for.