loss of power

Having trouble? Need more info on something mechanical? Ask here!

Moderator: Modsquad

mikelx5
Regular User
Regular User

loss of power

Post by mikelx5 »

about a week ago i was riding down I-5 i hit around 85mph then all the sudden my exhaust started making noise( figured out the slip joint was leaking). i have a yumi vario and i have never hit limiter since. but now my power seems to be dropping immensely, only able to hit 55mph now. im now on stock exhaust i do have an intake. could this be valves or does it sound way more serious. it starts fine rides ok but just sluggish i just reset ecu so hopefully it will help, im getting valves checked tommorrow is there something else i need to check, it only has 5300 miles.
DISOBEDIENCE CREW
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Re: loss of power

Post by you you »

85mph!

Run a compression check?
mikelx5
Regular User
Regular User

Post by mikelx5 »

yeah but wasnt on the limiter but ill do that
DISOBEDIENCE CREW
Mgalutia88
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2013 PCX 150
Color: Red

Post by Mgalutia88 »

Sounds like my issue. I only get to 47-48mph though then it won't go further. It's been at the dealer for three weeks. It's not fixed yet.
mikelx5
Regular User
Regular User

Post by mikelx5 »

well i might be realizing the plug may be the culprit i tend to ride on the highway and i only did first service so valves may be a bit tight causing it to get hot, which would explain the exhaust.
DISOBEDIENCE CREW
mikelx5
Regular User
Regular User

Post by mikelx5 »

so i was right on the tight valves but the plug wasnt to bad off but the serious problem was the intake with stock exhaust was choking the bike out so until i fix my exhaust im going back to stock intake and exhaust
DISOBEDIENCE CREW
dem0nk1d
Regular User
Regular User

Post by dem0nk1d »

i ran into a power loss on the 805 today heading back home. All of a sudden i'd be doing about 70-74 and then it would slowly bog down. I would let off the throttle and then everything would be fine. Happened two times today. NCY Variator, NCY Drive Face, 13g rollers, drilled out stock exhaust, cone air filter directly attached to the throttlebody.... i haven't checked the plug, was thinking maybe it was doing a light seize?>!>>
Slickvic
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Slickvic »

dem0nk1d wrote:I ran into a power loss on the 805 today heading back home. All of a sudden i'd be doing about 70-74 and then it would slowly bog down. I would let off the throttle and then everything would be fine. Happened two times today.
Then maybe it's time to try the "PcxDemon radiator fan Mod"?

http://www.hondapcx.org/viewtopic.php?f ... &start=200

Previous - 1986 Honda Elite 250, 2007 Ninja 500r, 2013 Honda PCX-150
Current - 2015 Honda CBR650F :o
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: red PCX

Post by Mel46 »

Are you folks talking about a pcx?? 85 mph? 74-75 mph?? The topend for a stock pcx 150 is 67 mph. How do you get 85 mph on one?
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
dem0nk1d
Regular User
Regular User

Post by dem0nk1d »

Mel46 wrote:Are you folks talking about a pcx?? 85 mph? 74-75 mph?? The topend for a stock pcx 150 is 67 mph. How do you get 85 mph on one?
Mel46,

Yes the PCX 150. I can actually see if someone went big bore they would actually get more power, more speed. I listed all my mods, and I can hit 67 on flats, and actually depending on the weather I can hit 74. It’s all about the variator, and tuning the variator.

mikelx5 may have a bigger bore on his to be able to hit 80+ but I think it’s possible with the 150. I just haven’t invested money into a rear torque driver and clutch spring. But I bet you’ll get the best bang for your buck using the stock spring.
Slickvic
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Slickvic »

dem0nk1d wrote: I just haven’t invested money into a rear torque driver and clutch spring. But I bet you’ll get the best bang for your buck using the stock spring.
Correct. Sendler and another member swapped out the torque driver and clutch spring with aftermarket parts and the stock configuration ended up being the best performer.
Previous - 1986 Honda Elite 250, 2007 Ninja 500r, 2013 Honda PCX-150
Current - 2015 Honda CBR650F :o
mikelx5
Regular User
Regular User

Post by mikelx5 »

it not big bore that was a long downhill
DISOBEDIENCE CREW
katschamne
Regular User
Regular User

Post by katschamne »

I'm lucky if I get 55 mph on mine and that's if there is no head wind. Although I would say that my weight is more to blame. I'm a big girl.
mikelx5
Regular User
Regular User

Post by mikelx5 »

im 230 with a yuminashi vario 11g wieghts i can actually run 70 most of the time pretty easy right now im running stock pipe and intake but top speed hasnt changed (not that performance really does but it sounds cool)
DISOBEDIENCE CREW