Bummer, No Riding for Me for A Few Weeks

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

kramnala58
Mod Emeritus
Mod Emeritus
Color: White is faster

Post by kramnala58 »

Looks like I will be parking White Lightning for a few weeks. Tore the rotator cuff in my left shoulder and am scheduled to undergo surgery Sunday evening BKK time. 6-12 week recovery expected, but I don't suspect I won't be able to ride that entire time. I am hoping for 3-4 weeks max.
2010 Honda PCX 125 in Thailand (White) - "White Lightning" Sold in Sept 2017 :(
2009 Yamaha Majesty YP400 in USA (Metalic Titanium) - "The Throne" Sold in June 2020 :(
dustin91
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: Red

Re: Bummer, No Riding for Me for A Few Weeks

Post by dustin91 »

Ouch, hope you get back to normal soon! I've got a hernia operation coming up soon, guessing I'll be off the scoot for a few as well.
katschamne
Regular User
Regular User

Post by katschamne »

I feel your pain. I broke my right shoulder almost 3 weeks ago and I have at least another 3-4 weeks before I can even think about it. Although the shoulder is getting better there is no way I can drive the scooter. Good thing she is at the shop being repaired so there is no temptation to ride. I've had a hernia operation in the past too. So I wish you both a speedy recover.
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

Oh my Gosh! So many operations! What happened to you guys? Kram, dustin? Kat, I'm feeling bad for you too. So weird to read this right now, because a friend of mine is going to have knee replacement done this coming Tuesday. Is it in the air or what!?? Sad news all around. Get better fast everyone and remember to keep us up to date on your "PROGRESS" :| ;)
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
dustin91
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: Red

Post by dustin91 »

Yeah, and I didn't even do anything exciting to get mine!
kramnala58
Mod Emeritus
Mod Emeritus

Post by kramnala58 »

I'm an hour and a half out of surgery and it looks like all went well ... I asked the nurse if I can play the piano now and she said yes. That's good because I didn't know how to play it before the surgery. Good job doc!
2009 Yamaha Majesty YP400 in USA (Metalic Titanium) - "The Throne" Sold in June 2020 :(
Fizzy Rascal
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2014 (2015)
Color: White

Post by Fizzy Rascal »

Ooof! Get well soon dude.

:)
katschamne
Regular User
Regular User

Post by katschamne »

That's great kramnala. You must have had a great Doctor that you can now play the piano. I see you are still a bit loopy from all the drugs. Wishing you a Speedy recovery.
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

kramnala58 wrote:I'm an hour and a half out of surgery and it looks like all went well ... I asked the nurse if I can play the piano now and she said yes. That's good because I didn't know how to play it before the surgery. Good job doc!
Hahaha :lol: I suppose you think you're Mozart now :lol: :lol: What's this Doc's name? I want to play the drums 'n' give my nephew a run for the money! ;)
Seriously, I'm glad it went well this Easter Day, and that all went accordingly. Say, "if" you're up to it tomorrow they may still have sales going on. Buy yerself a piano ;) Cheers kram!
katschamne wrote:That's great kramnala. You must have had a great Doctor that you can now play the piano. I see you are still a bit loopy from all the drugs. Wishing you a Speedy recovery.
A loopy pianist :lol: Ya pegged that!
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (128.2 KiB) Viewed 868 times
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
kramnala58
Mod Emeritus
Mod Emeritus

Post by kramnala58 »

I am on the road to recovery (no pun intended). ;) As mentioned above, the doctor says that the surgery went well. The tear in my rotator cuff wasn't as severe as anticipated, but there was quite a bit of cartilage damage. A bit of smoothing off of rough edges and cutting away of some bone to give a little more breathing space, and I'm apparently good to go. I guess my body is catching up to the age on my birth certificate. Hopefully recovery will be on the shorter end of the scale, not the longer end.
skuuter
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by skuuter »

Glad to hear this went well....maybe back riding sooner than You expected..... ;)
Ridin' and Socializin' the Southeastern USA on a 2014 Honda FORZA 300 Scooter...45+ years of Riding averaging 30,000 miles per year...!!!