Givi SC231 Seat Cover

Cosmetic accessories, comfort accessories, windshields, luggage racks, etc.

Moderator: Modsquad

ensoniqdude

Givi SC231 Seat Cover

Post by ensoniqdude »

Does anyone have any experience with the Givi SC321 Seat cover?

Was considering purchasing for my dad. He wants me to remove the seat "hump" and I figured the seat cover would be a cheap alternate to re-covering the saddle.

Thanks
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Re: Givi SC231 Seat Cover

Post by WhiteNoise »

Not I, but here's a link to the cover w/photo http://www.givi.co.uk/motorbike-accesso ... at%20Cover ;)
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
kramnala58
Mod Emeritus
Mod Emeritus
Color: White is faster

Post by kramnala58 »

ensoniqdude wrote:Does anyone have any experience with the Givi SC321 Seat cover?
Was considering purchasing for my dad. He wants me to remove the seat "hump" and I figured the seat cover would be a cheap alternate to re-covering the saddle.
Thanks
You can remove the bolt on portion of the seat hump, but to do a full "humpectomy", you will need to also cut away the mounting area. There are examples of that on other threads in these forums. Leaving the mounting area on leaves it somewhat uncomfortable to sit on.
2010 Honda PCX 125 in Thailand (White) - "White Lightning" Sold in Sept 2017 :(
2009 Yamaha Majesty YP400 in USA (Metalic Titanium) - "The Throne" Sold in June 2020 :(
ensoniqdude

Post by ensoniqdude »

Understood. I figured I could always put a slim gel-pad on the saddle and then put the Givi cover over.

Wondering about the material itself - if its very stretchy or not.

You may see him bouncing around the forum shortly. He's been riding bikes for years. Decided to go with the PCX-150 late last year. 83 years young and he still hits the open road.
kramnala58
Mod Emeritus
Mod Emeritus
Color: White is faster

Post by kramnala58 »

ensoniqdude wrote:... He's been riding bikes for years ... 83 years young and he still hits the open road.
That's fantastic! Glad to hear that he still has the physical ability to keep balanced as many don't at that age.
2010 Honda PCX 125 in Thailand (White) - "White Lightning" Sold in Sept 2017 :(
2009 Yamaha Majesty YP400 in USA (Metalic Titanium) - "The Throne" Sold in June 2020 :(
6ftMach1Girl
Regular User
Regular User

Post by 6ftMach1Girl »

Let us know how you like the seat cover if you get it. I've been thinking about getting one to protect my seat from the hot sun and rain when I have to park outside at work down here in LA. I'd like to protect my investment (bought a humpless seat rather than modifying mine), but just one more thing to carry in the luggage. Thanks - and Go Dad!!!