PCX for a Forza - trade in value?

General Honda Forza 300 chat, questions about the Forza, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

jonestownpadude

PCX for a Forza - trade in value?

Post by jonestownpadude »

Hi -

I know there have been other posts about this, but I've been thinking about trading in my PCX for a Forza. I have a 2013 PCX 150, Red. I just passed over 600 miles and did the first service. Hardly a scratch on it. Of course when I took it in for the first service I saw the Forza. I love the PCX, but am thinking the ability to do highways (with more power) would be good. I still owe money on the PCX, so my question is what is a reasonable trade-in value? How much am I going to get for it? At least 2000 dollars? What did others get? I'd like to have an idea before I take it in. I might just decide to keep the PCX and pay it off - that would be the logical thing to do of course (but still thinking about it!) Thanks!
willajabir
Regular User
Regular User

Re: PCX for a Forza - trade in value?

Post by willajabir »

See this post:
http://www.hondapcx.org/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=2507
Not exactly your question, but similar.
Larry
2014 NSS300E born on 12/11/13
May the Forza be with you

my Forza pics: https://postimg.cc/gallery/Y9JWhsg
jonestownpadude

Post by jonestownpadude »

thanks! So, I'm thinking 2K is something I can get (perhaps a bit more).
JoshM
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2015 VStrom 650

Post by JoshM »

I contacted my dealer this morning about trading in for a CTX700. I bought the PCX from them in Feb and it now has 700 miles.
He said as long as I bring it in and trade towards another new Honda, he'd give $2200 towards the CTX.

It'll of course vary from dealer to dealer and city to city, but there's a starting point.
kramnala58
Mod Emeritus
Mod Emeritus
Color: White is faster

Post by kramnala58 »

JoshM wrote:I contacted my dealer this morning about trading in for a CTX700. I bought the PCX from them in Feb and it now has 700 miles.
He said as long as I bring it in and trade towards another new Honda, he'd give $2200 towards the CTX.

It'll of course vary from dealer to dealer and city to city, but there's a starting point.
And it is also on a CTX700 which I think is more than the Forza, isn't it? If so, you can almost guarantee that the trade-in value of the PCX will be reduced.
2010 Honda PCX 125 in Thailand (White) - "White Lightning" Sold in Sept 2017 :(
2009 Yamaha Majesty YP400 in USA (Metalic Titanium) - "The Throne" Sold in June 2020 :(
wolf39us

Post by wolf39us »

My PCX150 in excellent condition with 4,000 miles was offered a trade-in of $2,000
JoshM
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2015 VStrom 650

Post by JoshM »

kramnala58 wrote:
JoshM wrote:I contacted my dealer this morning about trading in for a CTX700. I bought the PCX from them in Feb and it now has 700 miles.

And it is also on a CTX700 which I think is more than the Forza, isn't it? If so, you can almost guarantee that the trade-in value of the PCX will be reduced.
The $2200 was good towards any vehicle, even the 2015 PCX if I so choose lol.
I only have ~700 miles on my PCX, so I guess trade in is a bit higher in my case.