THINKING OF BUYING A PCX READ MY REVIEW

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

redroman10

THINKING OF BUYING A PCX READ MY REVIEW

Post by redroman10 »

Hi bought my pcx from new May 2013 to anyone thinking of buying one heres my verdict
Im doing the knowledge of London on it and have clocked up 15000 miles in one year
in that time ive replaced the back tyre once and now the front tyre is due to be replaced
not bad for 15000 MILES it started every time and have not had one problem with it in that time
START/STOP not always worked when engine was hot but not to bothered by that.
Im quite tall so gets a little stiff after 6 hours of continuous use 5 times a week.
In the wet you have to be careful as with any bike and top speed could be raised a bit.
Absolutely love the bike and have grown so attached im thinking of upgrading for the newer model
In White of course as it looks great with the weather gear.
To anyone thinking of buying one Do so as its a brilliant bike and so reliable.

im aware that the ps125i is also a great bike but I do love the pcx and would be worried to change.
Ben Lee
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2014 (model 13)
Color: Caucasian

Re: THINKING OF BUYING A PCX READ MY REVIEW

Post by Ben Lee »

Thx for giving me confidence in my recent buy.
Wednesday afternoon my plates should arrive.
Then i'me off...

Hope my scooter is as reliable as yours.

Ben.
A Belgian beer please, I don't like water, that's the shit that rusts my PCX!
dustin91
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: Red

Post by dustin91 »

Redro - very cool to hear of someone learning "the knowledge"! How long do you think it'll take you before you have it?
iceman
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2014 125 (LED)
Color: White

Post by iceman »

Hi Redro - welcome! Hope you have another 15000 miles hassle free use. Had my 2015 PCX for just over a month now and so far so good - had a breif scare re. a bad burning smell all the way home one day but it's not re-occurred. Starts perfectly as would be expected and first service due soon. Doubt they'll do anything major other than oil and a brief check of brakes, etc. I've never even tried the start/stop, as when it's needed I'd be caught in cramped slow moving traffic so it might kick in too often, and for the slight fuel saving otherwise, don't see the point even with the enhanced battery.
redroman10

Post by redroman10 »

well hopefully have the knowledge done in three years 1st service about £80 then around the 120 mark generally but then I use mine sometimes up to 8 hours a day constant so need new brakes + 1 tyre so about 200 on those services
redroman10

Post by redroman10 »

ps the start stop is brilliant when you get used to it I would always use it if I wasn't stopping so often