Aloha from LA (again)

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

Sh3p
Regular User
Regular User

Aloha from LA (again)

Post by Sh3p »

Hey there PCX'ers,

Have been lurking around for a while while researching scooters. Finally got our 13' PCX150 used from the dealership a couple weeks ago. It will mainly be a comfort commuter and lane splitter for my lady here in Los Angeles as she starts her grad school program. I ride a Daytona 675 myself and have been riding street for about 4 years, just started riding track and loving it. Looking forward to learning about this bike and taking it apart to wire mod and tamper. Yummy garage time!

So aloha, its nice to meet you all. :D
Accidentally posted in the forza section, maybe my subconscious opted for the bigger cc's? lol
Old enough to know its a bad idea, young enough not to care

Fleet:
-08' Triumph Daytona 675 -(no org) #159
-05' Kawasaki KX65 -UMRA #677
-13' Honda PCX150
-10' Scion TC
-09' Scion Xb

I must only be faster than one person. Myself.
kramnala58
Mod Emeritus
Mod Emeritus
Color: White is faster

Re: Aloha from LA (again)

Post by kramnala58 »

Sh3p wrote:Looking forward to learning about this bike and taking it apart to wire mod and tamper.
Welcome to the forums. From the sounds of it, you might be doing some interesting mods. Be sure to post some pics.
2010 Honda PCX 125 in Thailand (White) - "White Lightning" Sold in Sept 2017 :(
2009 Yamaha Majesty YP400 in USA (Metalic Titanium) - "The Throne" Sold in June 2020 :(
WORFAB
Regular User
Regular User

Post by WORFAB »

Aloha....CA???? You must be confused haha welcome!
Sh3p
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Sh3p »

WORFAB wrote:Aloha....CA???? You must be confused haha welcome!
hahaha, maybe a little confused.
I'm from Hawaii, and live in LA. I believe that home is in the heart, and if I feel the palm trees and cool breeze in my mind, I'll never have to miss it.

Thanks!

Fleet:
-13' Honda PCX150
-10' Scion TC
-09' Scion Xb

Valiant
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2015
Color: White

Post by Valiant »

Sh3p wrote:
WORFAB wrote:Aloha....CA???? You must be confused haha welcome!
hahaha, maybe a little confused.
I'm from Hawaii, and live in LA. I believe that home is in the heart, and if I feel the palm trees and cool breeze in my mind, I'll never have to miss it.

Thanks!
Visit much? I could use a riding buddy next time I go up Tantalus. Ate it there last time and didn't have a bud to call an ambulance(and tow truck) for me. Would very much like to try again in a year or so.
Sh3p
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Sh3p »

I try to visit twice a year or so, i got family in the airline ;) I'll let you know next time i plan on coming back. I used to drift up and down tantalus when i was in HS lol, then they started closing it at nights, for good reason.
I read your broken leg thread, sorry to hear. Its a very technical road for moto, but its good practice because most of the U turns have clear vision and you can see the exit early, unlike california mountains. I'd like to do a moto run up there, i think ill take you up on that next time homie.

Fleet:
-13' Honda PCX150
-10' Scion TC
-09' Scion Xb

ScooterMan
Regular User
Regular User

Post by ScooterMan »

Sh3p, curious what you paid for your used 2013, and how many miles it had. I got 2 2013 Pcx150's and live in San Diego. Might be a good time to sell one with college season coming up.
2015 PCX 150 (White)[/color]
Top speed 76mph(2015) 79mph (2013)with NCY variator & Drive Face
Sh3p
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Sh3p »

Bought ours at Bert's Mega Mall in West Covina. It had 2k'ish miles on it ( i feel like every used one has 2-3k for some reason). Had been down once, tiny rash on the left side on the front cowl corner and rash on the under and side of platform. It was cosmetic, and i spoke to two of their mechanics who said its the only "downed" bike they've taken in for a long time. I have friends who have tried to trade in a never down bike and get turned down. So i looked it over and it was in fact just rash. Asking price was $2800 plus their nonsense fees, in a couple days we got it at $2400 OTD. Similar finds on craigslist seemed to be around $2500-2800'ish and they were selling before we could see it.

College season is coming up but im not familiar with the market spike in that regard. I have however, bought in winter and sold in summer for a profit twice now with no problem in LA. Everyone wants to buy a moto toy around may-june. If you can wait until then i would say thats your hottest selling time.

Fleet:
-13' Honda PCX150
-10' Scion TC
-09' Scion Xb