new here

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

nigelpcx
Year: 2015
Color: red

new here

Post by nigelpcx »

hi all new on here so thought i better introduce myself my name is nigel and from co durham area in the uk, my scooter is a 64 plate 125 in red. just getting back into riding after many years break, scooter goes in for its 600 mile first service tomorrow along with a set of city grips as the standard tyres are pretty slippy
homie
Prestige
Prestige
Year: 2015 PCX150
Color: Pearl White

Re: new here

Post by homie »

CONGRATULATION nigel !!!
You are the 28th member of this forum to purchase a 2015 PCX. Welcome sir and please be careful out there. No panel parts until December and you don't want to make my crash survivor list anyway :lol: :lol: :lol:

btw what is a 64 plate? something new in the UK right? Oh them wankers are always coining a new phrase.
nigelpcx
Color: red

Post by nigelpcx »

homie wrote:CONGRATULATION nigel !!!
You are the 28th member of this forum to purchase a 2015 PCX. Welcome sir and please be careful out there. No panel parts until December and you don't want to make my crash survivor list anyway :lol: :lol: :lol:

btw what is a 64 plate? something new in the UK right? Oh them wankers are always coining a new phrase.

Thanks for welcome. A 64 plate is just the registration mark.
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Post by gn2 »

Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
kcpcx
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: Candy Rosy Red

Post by kcpcx »

Welcome. PCX seems to be popular in the UK. I haven't seen another one on the road in the USA, but we have poor vehicular taste here.
'88 BMW R100RT
homie
Prestige
Prestige
Year: 2015 PCX150
Color: Pearl White

Post by homie »

I take it there is no such thing as a custom license plate in the UK... massive fail. Silly Americans that want to make a statement pay upwards 100 USD for the opportunity to satisfy one of life's most driving forces... individuality. And the tax collectors who are no stranger to human nature are always willing to let organization take a back seat to cold hard CASH!
iceman
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2014 125 (LED)
Color: White

Post by iceman »

PCX's in the UK are not that common as most people riding scooters go for other makes, often cheaper ones. You can get custom license plates in the UK - normally for cars and such as you need the text in a straight line not two level for best effect. Is it worth it though - not for me, I'd rather spend the money elsewhere.
Alibally
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2019
Color: Black

Post by Alibally »

homie wrote:
I take it there is no such thing as a custom license plate in the UK... massive fail. Silly Americans that want to make a statement pay upwards 100 USD for the opportunity to satisfy one of life's most driving forces... individuality. And the tax collectors who are no stranger to human nature are always willing to let organization take a back seat to cold hard CASH!
You can get a personalised plate if you want one. Some change hands from £250 to £big money if you buy one at auction.

See. http://dvlaregistrations.direct.gov.uk
pcxpower
Regular User
Regular User
Color: White

Post by pcxpower »

Thanks for the link! Living in Spain, I see lots of English plates and I didn't know what these characters meant ;)
2015 Honda PCX 125