Hello fellow PCXers

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

lactic

Hello fellow PCXers

Post by lactic »

Hello to all,

Came across the forum whilst researching the PCX so I've been lurking on here for a few weeks now and thought it was about time I registered and said hello :) So first of all congratulations on a great forum, I've learnt loads about the PCX and a fair bit about riding in general from here, it's been incredibly helpful as a newbie to motorbikes/scooters, so thanks.

Having never ridden before I took my CBT on the 13th of June on a little 50cc moped and to be honest having been driving a car for some 20 odd years and being a regular cyclist I found it pretty easy really so passed no problem, which was just as well as I'd already put my deposit down 2 days before on the PCX and was due to pick it up the following Wednesday. Picked it up on a glorious sunny day (talk about lucky) so decided to make the most of the weather and put just over 100 miles on it on the first day which I think is testament to how much I enjoyed riding it :D However although it is great fun to ride it was bought for commuting as my car is somewhat uneconomical (approx 20MPG) so as I've now filled the PCX 3 times and it's done 118.9MPG, 119.1MPG & 123.7MPG it's confirmed it's gonna save me a fortune in fuel :)

So here's a couple of pics from the day I picked it up

and here's a couple from a slightly crazy ride out I did yesterday into the Peak District, a bit ambitious really for the PCX but it coped just fine

Image Image
Fiah
Regular User
Regular User

Re: Hello fellow PCXers

Post by Fiah »

Nice photos! You made that silver colour look nicer than I remember it :)
uploader
Regular User
Regular User

Post by uploader »

Hi and welcome.
have fun be safe and where are you from looks like yorkshire to me 8)

EDIT i now see your Location is Wakefield I live in Barnsley not too far away
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Post by gn2 »

Howdy.
Get your proper test done and get rid of those embarrasing L-plates.
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
TC3
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by TC3 »

Welcome and as Gn2 says get rid of the Loser plates when u can :-)
uploader
Regular User
Regular User

Post by uploader »

Hmm I can only see one L plate, dont you need one on the front ?
EddieC
Regular User
Regular User

Post by EddieC »

I think I see one on the screen in the second picture..

Welcome!
lactic

Post by lactic »

Thanks for the welcome.

Fiah the silver is not only the nicest colour it's also the fastest ;)

gn2 & TC3, alright chaps gimme a chance, I've only been riding just over 2 weeks, I haven't exactly had a chance to do my test yet! Seriously though, I am gonna get it done, bit worried about the hazard perception part of the theory test, it looks like a bit of a nightmare will just have to see how it goes I spose, would certainly be nice to get rid of the L plates though.

As EddieC has spotted there's an L plate on the screen in the first pics as that's where the dealer put it but I've since moved it to the right fork leg and made a point of keeping it out of the 2nd 2 photos which uploader were taken in Edale

Quick question for you all too actually, well those of you with the original screen that is, does your screen have a lot of light scratches on it?
Image Image
uploader
Regular User
Regular User

Post by uploader »

I have a few light scratches on mine nothing to worry about,
And dont worry about your L plates mate, Am keeping mine on till my CBT runs out in 22 months time then I might redo the CBT or take the full bike test and get a Honda nc700x in red
EddieC
Regular User
Regular User

Post by EddieC »

the stock screen scratches very easily. I put a mark in mine when cleaning it with a paper towel. If you want to even it all out I would get the finest sand paper you can find and buff it all in the same direction, like streamlined with the wind.
lactic

Post by lactic »

Yeah it's not a big deal, more of an annoyance really, it's kept in the garage and of course the fluorescent light in there really shows them clearly, not so bad in daylight, will leave it for now but may do something about it if it keeps bugging me.

By the way uploader I went through Barnsley yesterday on my way out into the Peak District, went to Castleton, then up Winnats Pass (much easier than the last time I did it, on my bicycle o_O ) then through Edale, up passed Ladybower, across to Langsett then Emley and back into Wakefield, was REALLY windy a lot of the time, had to hang on real tight a few times to stop myself getting blown off it :o although in a way it was also quite funny at the same time :D
Image Image
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Post by gn2 »

My screen is a mess, I made the mistake of trying to clean all the bug splats off it with a supposedly non-scratch scourer.
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
uploader
Regular User
Regular User

Post by uploader »

wasnt on the bike yesterday busy doing the garden,
It would have been nice to see a PCX in Barnsley other then mine, only ever seen one other :(
Cascanciu
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Cascanciu »

Welcome. Nice PCX!. Sometimes I still wonder if I should have got mine in grey (it's black).

The other day I also made an "ambitious" road trip, 100 kms through twisty roads, and some others not that twisty. In the latter, I was able to keep a 90-100 kmh pace, no problem.