New User Here

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

Safety Man
Year: 2013
Color: Red

New User Here

Post by Safety Man »

Hello PCX owners. I am one too (2013 stock red model with almost 5000 miles on it) and just found this forum. Hopefully not messing it up and posting this introduction in the right place... I'm in Florida.
Alibally
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2019
Color: Black

Re: New User Here

Post by Alibally »

Hello and welcome to the forum.
wolf39us

Post by wolf39us »

Safety Man wrote:Hello PCX owners. I am one too (2013 stock red model with almost 5000 miles on it) and just found this forum. Hopefully not messing it up and posting this introduction in the right place... I'm in Florida.
Welcome, I'm also in Florida (Largo, FL).

I'm leaving the state though in pursuit of a new job that I got in my home state of CT (plus I miss family). I'll "slightly" miss the year round ability to ride... but I won't miss the 80F+ w/ 80%+ humidity!
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

Hey! Welcome here Safety Man! No worries, you posted in the right place. So you're a Floridian! A mostly hot weather rider! Ah yes...I remember it well. 15 yrs was enough for me on the FL west coast. But, I do still miss the great riding for 10 or so months/yr.....but Not the humidity or pesty bugs. Now being up north, I'm sick of snow! Goes to show ya, that the grass is Not greener on the other side.
So how were you drawn to the PCX? Florida is truly Harley-ville :lol: Do you ever see PCX's scootin' by? Belong to any scoot clubs?
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
Fizzy Rascal
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2014 (2015)
Color: White

Post by Fizzy Rascal »

Welcome - and health to ride. :)
Safety Man
Year: 2013
Color: Red

Post by Safety Man »

WhiteNoise wrote:Hey! Welcome here Safety Man! No worries...
Thanks for the warm welcome to this forum. There is sooo much interesting stuff here..so much useful info!

Wolf, I'm on the east coast of Florida near the Melbourne area. Good luck up north! Now is a good time to move as we are getting closer to summer (which, of course, means riding weather).

WhiteNoise, your grass in covered in snow..so of course it's not greener :lol: . I was born and raised in Russia..so I understand. Humidity and the bugs..definitely something that I am still trying to get used to, even after spending some 9 years living in this state. I have been riding year-round ever since I got my PCX last April. I must admit that on a few occasions (during the colder days) I had to ask the wife to give me a ride to work on our Jetta. Yep, lots of full-size bikes on the road here. Most of them seem to be impressed with the power of my little engine. I definitely get the "looks". o_O

I am not part of any scoot clubs yet..just somewhat busy with school/work at this time, but perhaps in the near future...
kramnala58
Mod Emeritus
Mod Emeritus
Color: White is faster

Post by kramnala58 »

Welcome. Glad to have you join us.
2010 Honda PCX 125 in Thailand (White) - "White Lightning" Sold in Sept 2017 :(
2009 Yamaha Majesty YP400 in USA (Metalic Titanium) - "The Throne" Sold in June 2020 :(