Biggest Tire.

Drivetrain upgrades, engine upgrades, or any other mods to gain speed or acceleration.

Moderator: Modsquad

Dave Bo
Year: 2015
Color: Black

Re: Biggest Tire.

Post by Dave Bo »

Thanks dashhreddar... Did you perform any transmission upgrades after your tire swap? I still have about 300 miles to go before my official "break-in" period is over but I'm looking at installing the NYC Variator Assembly with 13 gram Rollers like Homie did... Just want to get a few more opinions before I pull the trigger.
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: red PCX

Post by Mel46 »

I went to the link for the ncy 13gm rollers and purchased them. While installing them i broke a couple of fins but texted Dave about what to do so solved that problem. Have been running with them installed for a little while now and love the difference! Now i want to install some on my wife's bike. Next we will have to save up for the kit. I can't wait!

Glad you are still with us Homie. There is nothing like a scare to let you know how short life really is. I believe in reincarnation. Still, this is your life this time around, so treat it like it is your only life. Enjoy it but be kind to others, and there won't be any regrets when it is over. Smile as often as you can.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
mtheall
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2015
Color: White

Post by mtheall »

Mel46 wrote:While installing them i broke a couple of fins but texted Dave about what to do so solved that problem.
Can you give some details about the solution?
dasshreddar
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: forzaruckuspcx
Color: black

Post by dasshreddar »

Dave Bo wrote:Thanks dashhreddar... Did you perform any transmission upgrades after your tire swap? I still have about 300 miles to go before my official "break-in" period is over but I'm looking at installing the NYC Variator Assembly with 13 gram Rollers like Homie did... Just want to get a few more opinions before I pull the trigger.
I had 12 gram sliders before the tires and the yuminashi vario after them... the sliders just work so much better than the supplied 12 gram rollers... but I have a 2013 150 and results seem to vary between the 2013 and 2015. it seems like the ncy vario is the hot setup for the 2015 :?

Has anyone used sliders on a stock/aftermarket vario for the 2015???