A new Forza owner from the Great White North

General Honda Forza 300 chat, questions about the Forza, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

ForzaYYC
Year: 2014
Color: Red

A new Forza owner from the Great White North

Post by ForzaYYC »

Hello everyone,

Excited new owner of a new 2014 Forza 300 ABS from Calgary, Alberta, Canada! This is my first bike ever - I was debating between getting a scooter or some 300CC motorcycle, but in the end the utility of the scooter won out. I'm really liking how you can do pretty much anything on a Forza - riding around town, getting groceries, highway cruising, everything! Really looking forward to pushing the limits on what can be done with a midrange scooter. I'm also going to see how well I can do during the winter - don't plan on riding the Forza during snow, but cold temperature's fair game! I'm also thinking of documenting my shenanigans on youtube. Learning the ropes on how to do moto vlogs on my hero, but hopefully I'll have some good videos up soon! My channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCq6epU ... FGGCvpv-PA

I also noticed another red Honda Forza with a top case scooting around downtown Calgary a few weeks ago. Any chance said owner of that Forza visits this message board? :) Regardless, hope to meet plenty of other Forza owners!

And of course, some pics I took over the Thanksgiving weekend.

Cheers,
ForzaYYC
Attachments
PA101679.jpg
PA101679.jpg (413.99 KiB) Viewed 1892 times
PA101681.jpg
PA101681.jpg (444.11 KiB) Viewed 1892 times
PA101693.jpg
PA101693.jpg (557.42 KiB) Viewed 1892 times
homie
Prestige
Prestige
Year: 2015 PCX150
Color: Pearl White

Re: A new Forza owner from the Great White North

Post by homie »

Oh she's a beauty! Very nice but you have to trade that helmet because... orange and red

WELCOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Attachments
cheer.jpg
cheer.jpg (16.39 KiB) Viewed 1884 times
Kompact
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Kompact »

Congrats! Like you I prefer the utility of a scoot over a bike. You're right in that this one can really do everything. From a commuter to a long ride it really does cover it all.
ForzaYYC

Post by ForzaYYC »

homie wrote:Oh she's a beauty! Very nice but you have to trade that helmet because... orange and red

WELCOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Haha actually the helmet is red but I think the lighting in my room makes it look orange! On the other hand...the helmet's shade of red does not match the bright red of the Forza...hmmmm..... :D
GatorGreg
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2015
Color: White

Post by GatorGreg »

Congrats on your new Forza! As a budding motovlogger myself I checked out your channel and the camera quality and placement by the chin looks great IMO and it was very nice to see Calgary from a scooter perspective. The sound could be improved though.
2018 Yamaha SMAX Raven Black (aka Majesty S)
RIP 2015 Honda PCX 150 Pearl White
RIP 2010 Honda Elite (Lead) 110 Black
Check out GatorGreg's Motovlog on YouTube
ForzaYYC

Post by ForzaYYC »

GatorGreg wrote:Congrats on your new Forza! As a budding motovlogger myself I checked out your channel and the camera quality and placement by the chin looks great IMO and it was very nice to see Calgary from a scooter perspective. The sound could be improved though.
Yeah the wind noise is definitely overtaking everything. I just ordered an Olympus ME-52 noise cancelling mic, so hopefully that will improve things a lot! Thanks for the tip!
GatorGreg
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2015
Color: White

Post by GatorGreg »

ForzaYYC wrote:
GatorGreg wrote:Congrats on your new Forza! As a budding motovlogger myself I checked out your channel and the camera quality and placement by the chin looks great IMO and it was very nice to see Calgary from a scooter perspective. The sound could be improved though.
Yeah the wind noise is definitely overtaking everything. I just ordered an Olympus ME-52 noise cancelling mic, so hopefully that will improve things a lot! Thanks for the tip!
The sound is very tricky. If you haven't seen them already I recommend checking out RidingwithTom and Spacep0ds channels. They both have vids where they show how they wired their mics into their helmets - I found them to be extremely helpful. Which camera are you using and what resolution / frames per second did you have it set at for your second vid? It was very good quality. Myself I'm using gopro 3+ silver in 1080, 60. I'm uploading a late night PCX trip to McDonalds drive-thru right now :D
2018 Yamaha SMAX Raven Black (aka Majesty S)
RIP 2015 Honda PCX 150 Pearl White
RIP 2010 Honda Elite (Lead) 110 Black
Check out GatorGreg's Motovlog on YouTube
ForzaYYC

Post by ForzaYYC »

GatorGreg wrote:
ForzaYYC wrote:
The sound is very tricky. If you haven't seen them already I recommend checking out RidingwithTom and Spacep0ds channels. They both have vids where they show how they wired their mics into their helmets - I found them to be extremely helpful. Which camera are you using and what resolution / frames per second did you have it set at for your second vid? It was very good quality. Myself I'm using gopro 3+ silver in 1080, 60. I'm uploading a late night PCX trip to McDonalds drive-thru right now :D
I'll check out those two channels, thanks! I figure with how close my GoPro is already to my chin, I can either wire it under my helmet and inside, or perhaps through the visor, although I don't know if I'll be able to close the visor all the way down if I do that. Once I get my 3.5mm gopro audio adapter I'll give it a go.

I'm currently using a gopro hero 3 black, it's also set at 1080p/60fps. I like the video quality, but I find its a bit shaky when attached to my helmet. I'm looking into adding additional adhesive which might absorb some of the mini vibration.
phantom309

Post by phantom309 »

very nice , wish we had the red here in the UK.. black,white an grey....we don't get many nice colours here , most manfacturers seem to think were to boring for a differant colour ...
having an adventure before dementia !!!!!!!
Blackbeard1718
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Blackbeard1718 »

WELCOME ABOARD, SHIPMATE! Image

CONGRATS on your New Forza! She looks GREAT!

I almost bought a GoPro Hero + LCD Camera a couple of months ago, and I was literally 1 finger away from hitting the "PLACE ORDER NOW" button. I decided to keep researching, and bought Mobius ActionCam Cameras. For what I would have paid for the GoPro, I was able to buy 3 Mobius Cameras. We have one in our two cars for Dash Cams, and the third I had on my Big Ruckus 250. Now I have to find a place to mount it on my Forza. I've got 3 different Mounts that came with the Kit, but just have to figure out WHERE! Image

Cheers!

BB
Blackbeard

"The Floggings will continue, until Morale improves!"

Current Scoot: 2014 Honda Forza 300 ABS (Red October)

Former Scoots: TNG Verona 150, Kymco People S200, Kymco People S250, Suzuki Burgman 400, Honda Ruckus 50, Yamaha Zuma 125, Kymco People GTi300, Honda Big Ruckus PS250
waspmike
Regular User
Regular User

Post by waspmike »

phantom309 wrote:very nice , wish we had the red here in the UK.. black,white an grey....we don't get many nice colours here , most manfacturers seem to think were to boring for a differant colour ...
In Canada you have to have red. It's patriotic, sorry? :lol:

Oh and as you can see having a contrasting hat/helmet is OK.
Z-Mac
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Z-Mac »

Welcome to the Forum fellow Canuck!
dkazzed
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: N/A

Post by dkazzed »

Welcome! Sweet new ride.

You're from Calgary, have you met Snowcatxx87 before? :D A pretty popular Calgary area motovlogger. I see that like my old CBR 125R, your speedometer is about 9% too optimistic. A shame.

Let me know if you're coming to Kelowna sometime! We are running out of riding days though.
2015 Honda CB300F ABS
ForzaYYC

Post by ForzaYYC »

dkazzed wrote:Welcome! Sweet new ride.

You're from Calgary, have you met Snowcatxx87 before? :D A pretty popular Calgary area motovlogger. I see that like my old CBR 125R, your speedometer is about 9% too optimistic. A shame.

Let me know if you're coming to Kelowna sometime! We are running out of riding days though.
No I haven't! I'll have to look him up sometime.

I probably will venture to BC sometime on the scooter - maybe next summer? You're right, the good riding days are rapidly coming to a close..:( I'm buying a set of heated grips and layering up big time...I'm going to see how long I last this winter! A lot of people say this winter will be mild for Calgary. Hope it works out!
Shutupandholdon

Post by Shutupandholdon »

ForzaYYC,

Thanks for the YouTube channel. I will be following your adventures!