140/70-13 Tyres

Having trouble? Need more info on something mechanical? Ask here!

Moderator: Modsquad

iceman
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2014 125 (LED)
Color: White

Re: 140/70-13 Tyres

Post by iceman »

Came to work 10pm last night during a 2nd day of really bad fog - we've not had fog like this in a very long time. With the PCX lights on you could easily see the sleet/spray coming down. Road to work, 10miles without issue on the stock IRC's - now 16 months in. Only issue was idiot drivers tail-gating, speeding and one crossing lanes in front of me on a roundabout with no indication or concern. You get this all year round but in heavy fog!!!

I've had the rear tyre slide a few inches sideways a couple of times but I knew what was coming and was not going to fast and not riding like I was on a sports track. I saw the wet grating during a turn and knew what would happen - hence I slowed down. I would not ride fast round corners at an angle to the road and not expect problems in the wet - even with the best tyres not worth hoping all wil be ok especially in heavy traffic. I ease off the throttle when entering a bend and ease back on when exiting - so far so good.
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

gn2 wrote:
Kompact wrote:They slip especially bad on the crack sealant on the road when it's wet.
All bike tyres will slip on that stuff.

Builders crack sealant is the worst...
Kompact
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Kompact »

I've been on 2 wheels year round for about a decade now (haven't owned a car in ages) so it's not an experience issue. I have just never had such bad traction in wet conditions before. I find the stock tires really, really bad. Of course the crack sealant is death to be on but on all my other rides I would still get some traction. On the Forza with stock tires I get both front and back sliding around.

I'll keep searching for the K66. I have also read good things about the Micheline City Grips. Anyone have experience with them?
dasshreddar
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: forzaruckuspcx
Color: black

Post by dasshreddar »

I think the best tires for you would be the k66... (I wish there was other ADV style tires available for the forza)
city grips have a smooth center tread, not the best for any sort of "off road" use.
Kompact
Regular User
Regular User

Mario

Post by Kompact »

Hey Mario, any feedback on the 150/70-13? Fits the stock rim? Effect your speed, handling, etc?
dadragon
Regular User
Regular User

Post by dadragon »

Today i fitted a new 150/70 - R13 continental365. No different in speed but better grip
dasshreddar
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: forzaruckuspcx
Color: black

Post by dasshreddar »

dadragon wrote:Today i fitted a new 150/70 - R13 continental365. No different in speed but better grip
those look gnarly 8)
any pics?
location?
where and how much...?
dadragon
Regular User
Regular User

Post by dadragon »

dasshreddar wrote:
dadragon wrote:Today i fitted a new 150/70 - R13 continental365. No different in speed but better grip
those look gnarly 8)
any pics?
location?
where and how much...?
No pics :(
I live in The Netherlands.
I just ordered the rear tyre for 52 euro incl shippingcosts.
Mounting a new tyre is a job I do it on my own.
Kompact
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Kompact »

Would love some more feedback on the tire. How much riding have you done on the stock tyre and how do you compare it to the new one? Must make the ride a lot rougher in general. Top speed is the same?

No trouble fitting it on the stock rim?

Have you traveled at highway speeds with it?
Attachments
86583.jpg
86583.jpg (10.62 KiB) Viewed 937 times
dadragon
Regular User
Regular User

Post by dadragon »

Kompact wrote:Would love some more feedback on the tire. How much riding have you done on the stock tyre and how do you compare it to the new one? Must make the ride a lot rougher in general. Top speed is the same?

No trouble fitting it on the stock rim?

Have you traveled at highway speeds with it?

I drove 8400 miles on the stock tyre.
This new tyre has much more grip @ wet roads. The stock tyre was sometimes searching for grip.

The ride isn't rougher than with the stock tyre. But there is a little bit of noise from this tyre. But only a little bit. You can hardly hear the different.

No troubles fitting it @ the stock rim.

I travel about 14k miles a year on the highway with a speed of 75 - 82 miles an hour.
With this tyre I almost drove 650 miles. Mostly highway.

I don't know if the topspeed is the same because the speedlimit is 80 miles an hour here. And that speed I can drive easy :)
Kompact
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Kompact »

Thanks for the answers. I ride year round and am in wet conditions a lot. I also find the stock tyres are often "searching for grip" as you said, scares me. Now I have to find a way to get those tyres here to Canada without paying a small fortune for them in shipping.
dadragon
Regular User
Regular User

Post by dadragon »

Kompact wrote:Thanks for the answers. I ride year round and am in wet conditions a lot. I also find the stock tyres are often "searching for grip" as you said, scares me. Now I have to find a way to get those tyres here to Canada without paying a small fortune for them in shipping.
I guess by your local shop. There are also other brands with good tyres for wet conditions on the road.