Recall on 2014 FORZA

General Honda Forza 300 chat, questions about the Forza, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

fish
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Recall on 2014 FORZA

Post by fish »

Rec'd today:
From American Honda Motor Co., Inc.
"Rear brake line joint may have been improperly torqued."
Passed along this info to the new owner of my Forza, sold last July.
Fish
CelticCross
Year: 2011
Color: Gray

Re: Recall on 2014 FORZA

Post by CelticCross »

Got my recall today. "...the complete inspection and repair time may take approximately 1.7 hours..."
davenowherejones
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2014
Color: Silver

Post by davenowherejones »

I took my Forza in today for the brake recall. In at 9 and out at 4. It took a guy the whole day to do it. The owner of the Honda shop is furious with Honda for making such an unfriendly to work on motorcycle. He is going to get paid for only 1.7 hours for all day.

I do not know why it took so long. It seems it was difficult to get all of the plastics off and on.

I waited at the shop since I had no transportation. I am sure they were glad to finally see me leave. They are really good people where I go.
fish
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by fish »

davenowherejones wrote:I took my Forza in today for the brake recall. In at 9 and out at 4. It took a guy the whole day to do it. The owner of the Honda shop is furious with Honda for making such an unfriendly to work on motorcycle. He is going to get paid for only 1.7 hours for all day.

I do not know why it took so long. It seems it was difficult to get all of the plastics off and on.

I waited at the shop since I had no transportation. I am sure they were glad to finally see me leave. They are really good people where I go.
Same thing happened to me fot the fuel pump recall. Rode 30 miles in a cold rain. ....to open the mega Honda dealer.
They started on it first thing. .....broke the rear panel.....rolled in their floor model. ....broke that rear panel too.
Many hours later I tode home in cold rain.
Two weeks later they came to my house to install the new panel!
Two things....the boys were scared to death of those panels. ...and NOBODY visits a Honda motorcycle dealer on a cold rainy day!
I drank all their keurig coffee..ate half their donuts and their roastbeef sandwich. Read every cycle mag and bounced on every Honda in the store, twice.
They also told me scary stories of the PCX's that come rattling and clanking in for service because owners never had valves serviced. Ever.
Fish
Vesper2112
Year: 2014 Forza
Color: Red

Post by Vesper2112 »

Got my recall notice yesterday... With the last one, they did it and the initial servicing without problems (that I know of). So I guess I'll be getting an oil change again this time as well. If they break any panels, I hope it's the ones on the right side where I scuffed it on some loose gravel when I initially got it. ;-)
wadaguy

Post by wadaguy »

I called my dealership and i have a 4 week wait on getting mine done......yikes
Previous Scoot, 2008 Sym RV250
MBMyer
Regular User
Regular User

Post by MBMyer »

I got my official recall notice after the work had already been done. The bike was in to have the seat damper / seat shock replaced, and the shop notified me that there was this other thing as well. My comment: "Torque a brake line bolt? What'll *that* take? Five minutes?" His reply, "I have to strip the rear end down; it'll be at least three hours."

I dropped the scoot off after work one day and picked it up after work the next. Uber cost me less for both trips combined ($22) than a taxi would have one-way ($32). And the rides were both cleaner and better-maintained.

It's all done with a minimum of fuss. I just wish my sig-ots work hours had allowed her to do the ferry work back & forth.

Pax et bonum,
Michael
Current ride: 2014 Forza bought new in mid-2015; still only 18K on the odo
Traded in: 2003 GL1800 with 152K and several IBA rides on the clock
6 other previous bikes
nearly 3/4 million miles logged
now just commuting instead of touring
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Post by gn2 »

My local Honda dealer gives me a free loan bike whenever my scooter is in for work.
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
CelticCross
Year: 2011
Color: Gray

Post by CelticCross »

Now that, is a class move. I've used auto service center who provided a free loaner. I'd be happy if my Honda dealer would give me a free ride home when my scooter is in for service as they don't even have a place for customers to relax while at the dealer.
davenowherejones
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

wadaguy wrote:I called my dealership and i have a 4 week wait on getting mine done......yikes
I bet they don't want to do it at all since they won't get fully paid for it.
davenowherejones
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

CelticCross wrote:Now that, is a class move. I've used auto service center who provided a free loaner. I'd be happy if my Honda dealer would give me a free ride home when my scooter is in for service as they don't even have a place for customers to relax while at the dealer.
I live an hour away and no place to sit. I sat on every single quad. Some of those quads have really thick foam in the seats. My back was getting sore so I switched over to the side by sides. Interesting doors on those.

The last time I was in for service I walked up and down the street. The hookers were getting jealous, the drug dealers thought I wanted to buy and the police had a good look at me.

I was going to walk down to the former Yamaha shop and look around. It is now a sex products shop. Chilliwack is a bible belt town so this was extremely hilarious.
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by gn2 »

Just got my recall notice for the brake connection.
That's two recalls and five warranty repairs in two and a half years.
Very poor indeed.
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
davenowherejones
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

gn2 wrote:Just got my recall notice for the brake connection.
That's two recalls and five warranty repairs in two and a half years.
Very poor indeed.
I wonder if this is because it is built in Thailand? They have a holiday about now where some one dies on a motorcycle every 2 minutes. I thought that was bad so I looked up USA car deaths. Someone dies every 16 minutes in the USA in a car or truck.

I am going to hide under the covers until the world gets better.
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by gn2 »

Who is this person who reincarnates every 16 minutes?
DioTiAma
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2013 NSS300A
Color: Seal Silver

Post by DioTiAma »

Guys, check this out!
Attachments
RHondaΣ.jpg
RHondaΣ.jpg (115.71 KiB) Viewed 2101 times
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

Whitenoise, I never thought I'd says this but could you fetch some (relative, obv) common sense to the proceedings.

That's how bad it's got. Be ashamed :D
JohnL
Ozzie Old Fart
Ozzie Old Fart
Year: 2015
Color: Dark Red

Post by JohnL »

I almost feel left out of it owning a PCX with absolutely no recalls, or any other problems with it :D :D
AustinPCX
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by AustinPCX »

18,000 miles on my Forza without a single issue. Did the fuel pump recall after going 13,000 miles with no issue. Got the brake recall notice but still on original brakes without any issues.

Pretty happy with the Forza 300 ABS. Nothing out there yet I would trade for, certainly wouldn't go back to a PCX.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

JohnL wrote:I almost feel left out of it owning a PCX with absolutely no recalls, or any other problems with it :D :D

Worse for me I've got two like that. Stupid Honda
fish
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by fish »

gn2 wrote:My local Honda dealer gives me a free loan bike whenever my scooter is in for work.
Your poor dealer probably thought that would keep you from grumping.
Good laugh there, Mate.`¿`
Not Fish