PCX Body Parts?

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

C-Note
Regular User
Regular User

PCX Body Parts?

Post by C-Note »

Anyone here have a good resource for PCX body parts. I need to replace a few panels. Preferably in the USA, but oversea works if i have to.

Thanks for your help!
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Re: PCX Body Parts?

Post by gn2 »

Maybe give this mob a try?
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
uploader
Regular User
Regular User

Post by uploader »

Got mine on order with http://japan.webike.net/
C-Note
Regular User
Regular User

Post by C-Note »

Thanks guys for the information, I am checking into it.

Would you happen to know if these parts are genuine Honda?
jasontheparamedic
Regular User
Regular User

Post by jasontheparamedic »

I got my panels from here. Genuine Honda parts with low prices.

http://www.powersportsplus.com/
C-Note
Regular User
Regular User

Post by C-Note »

jasontheparamedic wrote:I got my panels from here. Genuine Honda parts with low prices.

http://www.powersportsplus.com/

Yes, Jason. That's where I've been looking. Talked to them yesterday.

Did you have any issues with fit up? My main concern was if the connection points are correct and if the panels are truely OEM parts. Also, do you have any info on how to replace the various panels? There must be an order to it.

I have a sevice manual I ordered on the way, hoping it will give me some guidence.
jasontheparamedic
Regular User
Regular User

Panels seemed OEM to me. I had to replace a few of them from my spill off the PCX a few months back. Heck, the dealership where I got my used Silverwing a couple weeks back uses PowersportsPlus. But sadly, they don't provide any manuals, and they are prone to backlogging from Honda.

When it comes to panel removal, the sides are easy to find all the screws. The top panels (such as to do valve adjustment) are difficult. You will need a Phillips head screwdriver and an 8 and 10 mm socket the most.
C-Note
Regular User
Regular User

Post by C-Note »

Jason, do they all come off independently, no particular order, or do they come off in a certain order? I have to replace pretty much the whole right side, front-side, rocker, rear side. Wiped out in some gravel. I was considering mixing colors. I currently have red, but I'm considering mixing with black panels... something different.

I have a service manual coming in a day or so. I'm hoping there'll be some help regarding panels.
C-Note
Regular User
Regular User

Post by C-Note »

Oh, one other thing.

Were you able to reuse the hardware (SCREWS & CLIPS), or did you get new?
maddiedog
Benevolent Overlord
Benevolent Overlord
Year: 2011
Color: White

Post by maddiedog »

I replied to your thread here: http://hondapcx.org/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=615

All hardware is reusable. :D
Currently ride: 2011 Honda PCX 125 - Upgraded windshield and seat, keeping this one mostly stock
Previously rides: 2005 V-Strom DL650, 1974 Vespa Ciao, 2011 Honda PCX 170 (tons of mods - takegawa 170cc big bore kit, gears, etc), 1996 Honda Nighthawk 250, 1987 Honda Spree, 2000 KTM 125SX, 2003 Honda Silverwing, 2007 Genuine Buddy 125, 1998 Honda PC800, 2008 Buddy 125 (white), 2008 Buddy 125 (red), 2001 Honda Reflex, 1987 Honda Elite, 1988 Honda Spree, 2007 Yamaha Vino, 2007 Honda Metro, 2x 125cc pure-chinesium dirt bikes
C-Note
Regular User
Regular User

Post by C-Note »

jasontheparamedic wrote:Panels seemed OEM to me. I had to replace a few of them from my spill off the PCX a few months back. Heck, the dealership where I got my used Silverwing a couple weeks back uses PowersportsPlus. But sadly, they don't provide any manuals, and they are prone to backlogging from Honda.

When it comes to panel removal, the sides are easy to find all the screws. The top panels (such as to do valve adjustment) are difficult. You will need a Phillips head screwdriver and an 8 and 10 mm socket the most.
How did you dump it? Which panels did you have to replace? I need to replace the R front-side, R bottom (beneith foot panel), R rear cover (panel w/PCX logo). Dumped mine in some gravel... ouch!
jasontheparamedic
Regular User
Regular User

I apologize due to delays in response. I've been working late a lot lately. I'm in the process of trying to buy my first house. :D

I fell in the rain onto the road a few months ago. I damaged the left side pretty well. Multiple cracks in all the panels including the variator cover. I even bent the cover on the variator panel that has the little flap (breather, I think). I couldn't remove the 8 mm screw had had to use brute force to pry the breather (?) away from the panel to get to the screw.
mYl1ttl3PWNY

Post by mYl1ttl3PWNY »

So here in cleveland we had 1 day out of the week that it was warm enough to ride, and as I was on a round about I hit a patch of loose gravel and slid. Now my left side panels need replaced. I tried painting over scratches but didn't look good. At least the panels are inexpensive. Everything on the panels have been fairly simple except the panel on the left hand side of the light. It looks like there are two screws that are hard to get to.
mYl1ttl3PWNY

Post by mYl1ttl3PWNY »

Also do 2011 honda parts fit 2013?
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Post by gn2 »

mYl1ttl3PWNY wrote:Also do 2011 honda parts fit 2013?
Mostly yes.
The eSP models have some differences but I believe that the bodywork is much the same.
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

gn2 wrote:
mYl1ttl3PWNY wrote:Also do 2011 honda parts fit 2013?
Mostly yes.
The eSP models have some differences but I believe that the bodywork is much the same.

Bodywork seems identical from what I've seen
figurehead71
Regular User
Regular User

Post by figurehead71 »

I cannot personally think of any differences I have noticed in any of the body panels of my eSP PCX over the 2011 models, maybe some of the engine housing could be different..but certainly the aesthetic panelling there is no changes.
C-Note
Regular User
Regular User

Post by C-Note »

mYl1ttl3PWNY wrote:So here in cleveland we had 1 day out of the week that it was warm enough to ride, and as I was on a round about I hit a patch of loose gravel and slid. Now my left side panels need replaced. I tried painting over scratches but didn't look good. At least the panels are inexpensive. Everything on the panels have been fairly simple except the panel on the left hand side of the light. It looks like there are two screws that are hard to get to.
Are you referring to the very front panel, the one on either side of the front end? If so, which screws are you referring to?

There's one screw that is under the seam between the front side panel and rear side panel (the seam just above the foot board). Where the only way to get to it, is to remove the rear side panels, on both sides. They also attach to the tail light. There's also a couple of screws that are down inside, around the turn signal that are hard to reach but it can be done with a normal screw driver.

It's a chore to get just one panel off, there's a definite order of what comes off to remove something else. When I replaced all of my panels I was amazed by how much has to be removed and the order.

The service manual was right on the money about how to get the panels removed. Also, I bought some automotive trim removal tools that worked great for the job. They are cheap, plastic push, pull, and pry tools. They won't marr up any surfaces and help to not break plastic tabs.
Now that I have done it once, it's no big deal removing the panels.
mYl1ttl3PWNY

Post by mYl1ttl3PWNY »

Surprisingly I didn't break any tabs but the part that cracked was the rear wing. I definitely will buy the service manual after I've taken most of this bike apart now.

I'm having difficulty on the front panels and around the handles. The pic below shows the panel I'm having issues with. I took the single screw out of the bottom of that piece and it appears (after looking up past the wheel) that there are two screws holding the top piece in. Literally every other panels on the bike are off.

The two X's mark two screws that I saw.
Attachments
2013-Honda-PCX-150-Scooter-3.jpg
2013-Honda-PCX-150-Scooter-3.jpg (90.4 KiB) Viewed 4027 times
C-Note
Regular User
Regular User

Post by C-Note »

mYl1ttl3PWNY wrote:Surprisingly I didn't break any tabs but the part that cracked was the rear wing. I definitely will buy the service manual after I've taken most of this bike apart now.

I'm having difficulty on the front panels and around the handles. The pic below shows the panel I'm having issues with. I took the single screw out of the bottom of that piece and it appears (after looking up past the wheel) that there are two screws holding the top piece in. Literally every other panels on the bike are off.

The two X's mark two screws that I saw.
According to the manual (and I found this to be correct), you'll have to remove the following if you haven't already done so.

- front nose piece (narrow 'red' panel just above the headlight that surronds the windscreen
- entire fuel fill cover (center)
- steering column cover
- glove box cover (left side of dash)
- cover (center)
- cover (right side of dash)

Once you do this you should be able to get to all of the screws. I believe the two you are referring to are down next to the turn signal down inside the covered area. They are the same in both sides.

Is this the case?