Arizona Newbie

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

rex0122

Arizona Newbie

Post by rex0122 »

My name is Rex and I'm a Newbie from sunny Arizona where I hope to ride my new red pcx150 year around. Not sure why I bought a scooter at this phase of life (age 63), maybe it's the exscalting gas prices? My other mode of transportation is a 250 v10 gas pick-up truck, and I found myself setting home all the time. Hopefully the new pcx will make me FREE. I bought the scooter in las Vegas at Powersports on Boulder.

I have really enjoyed reading all the old posts, and have learned a lot, as this is my first scooter. I've been practicing, but haven't hit the public streets as of yet. Can't report on my gas mileage, because I've only got 50 miles on the scooter and haven't bought any gas yet.

Thanks to all who keep this forum up and running for the free benefit of us all.

"Sunny & 80"
scisor34
Regular User
Regular User

Re: Arizona Newbie

Post by scisor34 »

Welcome! I have a feeling you're going to absolutely love your new ride. I recently moved to Florida from MN and am blessed with year 'round warm riding weather too, and couldn't be happier with my PCX. I've only had it about 3 weeks, but have put a little over 1,200 miles on so far. The only time I ever use my car now is if it's absolutely pouring outside. We're just about done with the daily afternoon rain here and am looking forward to the next 7 months of almost total sunshine (you're type of weather). Again, welcome to the forum.
Cooley_PCX_Rider
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Cooley_PCX_Rider »

Hey Rex,
Congrats.

The reason you bought it is you're a wild man. LOL
Actually, it makes sense but it will also be tons of fun.

I just bought mine too and have about 47 miles on her.

I'm calling her 'Talia' named after the hot chick in that movie Larry Crowne.

Most all of my motorcycles I have named. My current bad boy ride is a Victory Vegas High Ball with ape hangers.
It has hot pipes and crazy horse power but it's not light weight and fun to ride.

I wish I was in the south. I'm here in rainy (currently) Illinois and wishing for warm weather.

Cheers scooter brother.

Ken
PCX 150 Rider from East Central Illinois in the middle of the United States of America

happyscooter
Regular User
Regular User

Post by happyscooter »

another friendly welcome to the forum here to ya. i too bought mine to combat the high gas prices. with the iran war looming i know for a fact gas prices are going to double what they are now. i wanna be prepared. people will go ballistic when gas prices go to 8 bux a gallon and gas stations will be like russian roadrage when that happens. With my pcx i can fill up a couple 5 gallon containers leave it at my house and theres 500 to 600+ miles i can ride on for awhile without visiting the gas station! and with my commute to work that only takes me 10 minutes to get to work and only less than 10 miles to work thats alot of money saved. compared to my car that sucks gas like a straw.
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

Heck, there's no getting acquainted without me popping in to say; Welcome, and it's Never too late to start scootin'! The only shame of it was we didn't start younger. Oh well, the PCX wasn't around then anyway :D Have a hoot of a time and ride-er safe!
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
JGC
Regular User
Regular User

Post by JGC »

Hello and welcome to this forum

Petrol prices here in the UK are definitely on the high side, that was the reason I bought the PCX, my car now spends most of the time on the driveway now!