Side fenders mounting question

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

Cooley_PCX_Rider
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Cooley_PCX_Rider »

Hello all.
My new PCX 150 is a load of fun to ride. As I'm looking her over I realized that the side fenders along the
rear area have a plastic tab sticking down that seems to need a rivet or bolt or press in fastener
to attach the fender flair piece to this mating tab below that has a rubber component in it.

If someone could look on their PCX for me and determine if the fasteners were left out of mine I'd appreciate it.

I'm looking for an exploded view on the internet and it appears there is a bolt or something missing.
Attachments
boltmissingsmall.jpg
boltmissingsmall.jpg (38.63 KiB) Viewed 2120 times
PCX 150 Rider from East Central Illinois in the middle of the United States of America

Cooley_PCX_Rider
Regular User
Regular User

Re: Side fenders mounting question

Can anyone out there look at their bikes and get back to me please?
Do you have a fastener in this plastic tab or do you have the same condition.
PCX 150 Rider from East Central Illinois in the middle of the United States of America

Alibally
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2019
Color: Black

Post by Alibally »

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1349532404.383503.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1349532404.383503.jpg (219.87 KiB) Viewed 2100 times
hope this helps.
Cooley_PCX_Rider
Regular User
Regular User

Yes it does. I found this also but can't tell if there are suppose to be screws, press ins or what attaching this.
Can you check your bike for me and reply?
Thanks
Ken

vwbike

Post by vwbike »

hey i just checked mine its a red 150 new from the dealership i have had it one week and its the same as your nothing in the holes on the right or the left
[URL=http://www.fuelly.com/driver/vwbike/pcx150]Image
EddieC
Regular User
Regular User

Post by EddieC »

Same here. On my 1.5 year old 125 it has never had anything there. It helps you out when removing/installing the panel. Keeps things in place before you get everything else done.
Cooley_PCX_Rider
Regular User
Regular User

OK, so this is normal. I find it odd that they would hang this tab down with a hole in it and not connected to anything.

As long as it's normal, I'm OK with it.

I purchased this from a dealer who always seems to leave stuff off my bikes when I buy them new from them.
Figured this was put together by a teenager same as my last two bikes. LOL

Thanks much

Taz
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Taz »

on the non USA versions the stud screws onto the rear faired indicators. In the usa version you have different indicators out on stalks so that's why you have a screw hole doing nothing...
Cooley_PCX_Rider
Regular User
Regular User

Taz wrote:on the non USA versions the stud screws onto the rear faired indicators. In the usa version you have different indicators out on stalks so that's why you have a screw hole doing nothing...
Taz are you saying this is for indicators? Turn signals? In other countries?

Why did they leave these just flapping in the breeze on our bikes?

Do you have a photo of this area on your bike?

Could you share?

Thanks

PCX-rider
Regular User
Regular User

Post by PCX-rider »

Cooley_PCX_Rider wrote:Hello all.
My new PCX 150 is a load of fun to ride. As I'm looking her over I realized that the side fenders along the
rear area have a plastic tab sticking down that seems to need a rivet or bolt or press in fastener
to attach the fender flair piece to this mating tab below that has a rubber component in it.

If someone could look on their PCX for me and determine if the fasteners were left out of mine I'd appreciate it.

I'm looking for an exploded view on the internet and it appears there is a bolt or something missing.
My 2012 Honda PCX 125 has shrews on both sides. I just took some pictures to show it! :(
Cooley_PCX_Rider
Regular User
Regular User

thanks for posting that photo PCX-Rider

Looks like your tab is actually stiffer or molded a bit stronger then ours.

So this mounts your side tail blinkers?

WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

Just took a look at my 125, same holes are open. I can understand you asking Cooley :roll: it's odd that it's not plugged with a button, clip or s.s. screw. Had to laugh when you mentioned you've been sold new bikes before with something "overlooked" in the put together stage :? Just carelessness. My PCX was delivered with some plastic tabs not fixed properly. I handed the guy a screwdriver and had him fix them "on the spot!"
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
Taz
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Taz »

Sorry but I blame it on your US bureaucrats for wanting Honda to change the bike to meet USA requirements. (Indicators not far enough apart, engine kill switch needed, parking brake, disabling the Idle stop function). No holes on the ROTW (rest of the world) version ! And we have nice faired indicators and the best idle stop function of any bike or car. Though I would like the park brake...
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

Yep Taz I agree, but you can keep the idle stop. Personally I'm not interested in it's function. I would love your indicators (signals) though but hey...I was just glad the PCX found its way here...finally!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
Taz
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Taz »

Idle stop is the best feature about the pcx. Its so nice to have quiet at traffic lights so you can hear the music from all the car radios around you. It is annoying in stop go traffic when it wants to cut out just as you want to move again. I end up blipping the throttle to get a few more seconds before it wants to cut again. You just don't know what you are missing:)
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Post by gn2 »

Taz wrote:I would like the park brake...
Learn to park it properly and you will never need it.
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
maddiedog
Benevolent Overlord
Benevolent Overlord
Year: 2011
Color: White

Post by maddiedog »

The parking brake is worthless on the PCX, I wish they hadn't even included it. It doesn't even work, even when properly adjusted.

That screw is in place on my scooter, but looks slightly different than the tab in the original post.
Currently ride: 2011 Honda PCX 125 - Upgraded windshield and seat, keeping this one mostly stock
Previously rides: 2005 V-Strom DL650, 1974 Vespa Ciao, 2011 Honda PCX 170 (tons of mods - takegawa 170cc big bore kit, gears, etc), 1996 Honda Nighthawk 250, 1987 Honda Spree, 2000 KTM 125SX, 2003 Honda Silverwing, 2007 Genuine Buddy 125, 1998 Honda PC800, 2008 Buddy 125 (white), 2008 Buddy 125 (red), 2001 Honda Reflex, 1987 Honda Elite, 1988 Honda Spree, 2007 Yamaha Vino, 2007 Honda Metro, 2x 125cc pure-chinesium dirt bikes
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

Yep maddie, Honda can keep their park brake. I wouldn't trust it anyway. Gn2 said it right...park it right :D
Okay now I'm curious, can we see a pic of your "different tab" Dave? Getting a bit mysterious, our PCX's are :geek:
C-Note
Regular User
Regular User

Post by C-Note »

Hi:

I just received an official Honda service manual for the PCX, there are sections on panel removal. I'll take a look tonite and let you know if there's supposed to be a fastener in that location.

Oh btw, I'm in Illinois too!
Cooley_PCX_Rider
Regular User
Regular User

C-Note wrote:

Hi:

I just received an official Honda service manual for the PCX, there are sections on panel removal. I'll take a look tonite and let you know if there's supposed to be a fastener in that location.

Oh btw, I'm in Illinois too!
Hey C-Note. Thanks much. I live outside the Champaign-Urbana area. A small town.