Collision insurance

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

Regular User
Regular User
Color: 15 Forza

Collision insurance

Post by 87112 »

Do you PCX guys with a older PCX even carry collision. Collision pays when you damage your own ride, not some idiot who hit you. I am thinking of dropping it with my 500 deductible cause its pretty hard to do damage with a bike with only 11.5 HP :geek: . I don't ride when is raining unless I get caught in it, never saw the appeal of wet riding and I live in New Mexico, Its rains a couple of days a month!
:geek:
relic
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: red white

Re: Collision insurance

Post by relic »

In October we had measurable precipitation-rain-30 of the 31 days and November hasn't been much better.
Needless to say my bike is safely tucked away in the shed until maybe May. Must say I'm somewhat envious.
I insure the bike for 6 months usually - no collision -but carry theft and under insured protection-if somebody decides to squish me and can't pay their bill hopefully insurance will will step to the plate.
$500 deductible collision insurance on an an older pcx-if It was me I'd say no thanks.
Regular User
Regular User
Color: 15 Forza

Post by 87112 »

I use to live in Seattle, the rain was your unwanted friend. God it was always so wet, muddy, and gray half the year. Hated it, only miss the parents up there.
Its get very cold where I live in Winter but the sun helps your mood.
:geek:
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Post by gn2 »

87112 wrote:I live in New Mexico, Its rains a couple of days a month!
Sounds awful, I'm glad it doesn't rain as often here.
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
gauss80
Year: 2013 125 Esp
Color: white

Post by gauss80 »

no collision damage protection here as well just third party that at 45 CHF x year is quite reasonably cheap
http://www.fuelly.com/motorcycle/honda/pcx125/2012/gauss/535318 Image[/URL]
JetPilot
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2019
Color: INVISIBLE

Post by JetPilot »

87112 wrote:Do you PCX guys with a older PCX even carry collision. Collision pays when you damage your own ride, not some idiot who hit you. I am thinking of dropping it with my 500 deductible cause its pretty hard to do damage with a bike with only 11.5 HP :geek: . I don't ride when is raining unless I get caught in it, never saw the appeal of wet riding and I live in New Mexico, Its rains a couple of days a month!
That chioce comes down to your behavior, how much you use, where you leave your scooter.

I do not even pay collision on my scooter, or even my more expensive bikes. It is not worth the very high cost given the amount I ride. If I have an accident bad enough to do that much damage to the bike, chances are I will be all messed up, in the hospital, and the bike will be the least of my worries anyways... For small accidents, I am a good enough mechanic that my only costs will be parts, plastics, parts are cheap compared to paying insurance every month...

THEFT: I use a thick cable, and am smart about where I park when I ride. Never leave it outside overnight, etc. So again, thieves will go for an easier target.

BOTTOM LINE: I have already saved enough by NOT paying insurance over the years that I could have a total loss of my scooter, and still be ahead ahead financially.

Mike