2019 PCX Dash/Clock Issues

Having trouble? Need more info on something mechanical? Ask here!

Moderator: Modsquad

lucky
Year: 2019
Color: Black

2019 PCX Dash/Clock Issues

Post by lucky »

Morning everyone after a little help if possible. I have recently bought a 2019 PCX 125 and for the most part it's been a great bike to ride, but it has one issue that I don't understand why it's happening. A couple of times now I've started the bike only to find that the clock has reset to 1:00, so I've got to put the time back to what it should be.

Any advise or ideas?
StillThumps
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2021
Color: White

Re: 2019 PCX Dash/Clock Issues

Post by StillThumps »

Hey lucky, A couple things that have helped me. Modern vehicles including scooters are computerized so “rebooting” can help solve many digital/display issues…simply remove the negative battery ground wire and re-install it. You can also check the tightness of the red positive screw at the same time. If that doesn’t help, I would suspect a battery with low voltage possibly. Hope it’s a simple fix. Cheers
StillThumps
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2021

Post by StillThumps »

lucky, forgot to mention that 2-3 years is the average life of a m/c or scooter battery. Yours is a 2019 model which means the battery may be near the end of its useful life.
lucky

Post by lucky »

Thank you StillThumps I will check the terminals during my dinner hour. But I guess your right that it's the battery itself, that's coming to the end & needs replacing.
iceman
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2014 125 (LED)

Post by iceman »

My 2014 LED PCX battery is still working fine - scooter stored outside all year round and starts 1st time and runs fine. Seven years and counting, no trickle charge ever and not used the start-stop feature.
lucky

Post by lucky »

Wish I had the same luck though like you, I don't use the start/stop either.
lucky

Post by lucky »

Well it does seem that the battery at fault gave it a good charge &, had all the connections checked and fitted snugly hasn't missed a beat since.