tires

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

troy
Year: 2013
Color: red

tires

Post by troy »

Hello scooter riders!! what size front & rear tires are you guys running on your PCX150's. Getting ready for some new ones.
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Re: tires

Post by you you »

troy wrote:Hello scooter riders!! what size front & rear tires are you guys running on your PCX150's. Getting ready for some new ones.

Stock for me
homie
Prestige
Prestige
Year: 2015 PCX150
Color: Pearl White

Post by homie »

oversized for me
honkerman
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Color: Black

Post by honkerman »

Personally, I like the Dunlop Stock tires, though I wouldn't mind something with less of a sportbike tread and more of an enduro tread...The tires on my Kymco had a semi-enduro tread. Those seemed to stick to anything.
Paul Smith
scootinfool.blogspot.com
Scootin' Fool on YouTube
Lancaster County Pennsylvania
2013 Honda PCX-150 (Angry Hornet) - Leo Vince Corsa Exhaust, NCY Variator (13g Rollers), NCY shocks, Givi D322S windscreen, NCY drum brake actuator arm, Denali Soundbomb mini horn
2006 Piaggio Beverly 250 (Rosa)
j.d.b.
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Color: red

Post by j.d.b. »

homie wrote:oversized for me
When you say "oversized", what size are you running and how has it helped/hurt the ride and handling? (I was looking at that "Tribal-bike" thread and he says he runs the rear size (100/90) at both ends. I asked about how that was working. Nothing back, so far).
homie
Prestige
Prestige

Post by homie »

j.d.b. wrote:
homie wrote:oversized for me
When you say "oversized", what size are you running and how has it helped/hurt the ride and handling? (I was looking at that "Tribal-bike" thread and he says he runs the rear size (100/90) at both ends. I asked about how that was working. Nothing back, so far).
Bandit has a PCX stock size Pirelli tire on the rear and replaced his stock front with the same. '90' means taller than mine. You can do that if you like and it requires no modification to the front end.
The widest you can do IMO is 120/70/14 front 140/70/14 rear whilst lifting the stock rear fender 1/2 inch, spacing off the stock breather 1/2 inch with no modification to the front end at all. See my video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k7Rh1nmcdAo This gives me a lower profile and the meat I want to see. Your speedometer will read incorrectly, you'll lose 4 MPH for the extra rubber mass. I have since clawed that back plus 4 mph with NCY vario kit. I can hit 69 mph with my Michelins max. Things to consider, good luck :D
dasshreddar
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: forzaruckuspcx
Color: black

Post by dasshreddar »

go oversize :)
Get some 120 front and 140 rear if you want a smooth ride(makes up a lot for the weak stock suspension).
I probably will get a 120/80 front and 150 rear for the forza when that time comes...

oh yeah Black Bandit has been MIA for 3 years... :o
Oyabun
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: `12,`15,`19
Color: black&black

Post by Oyabun »

Winter season is coming, we already had damp and some 10°C nights and the stock IRCs are not really suited for these conditions.
I'm therefore mounting 110/80 front and 120/80 rear Heidenau K66-s as they reportedly the best tires you can get for this type of weather (used by 80 percent of my all weather riding scooter curier friends).
These sizes are approx 2% oversized compared to stock and fit well both ends. I've heard that some wheel shops refuse to mount 140 or 150 size tires on the factory skinny rear wheel.
homie
Prestige
Prestige

Post by homie »

Oyabun wrote:Winter season is coming, we already had damp and some 10°C nights and the stock IRCs are not really suited for these conditions.
I'm therefore mounting 110/80 front and 120/80 rear Heidenau K66-s as they reportedly the best tires you can get for this type of weather (used by 80 percent of my all weather riding scooter curier friends).
These sizes are approx 2% oversized compared to stock and fit well both ends. I've heard that some wheel shops refuse to mount 140 or 150 size tires on the factory skinny rear wheel.
Sounds good, the last I looked we cant get anything in that size over here or those would have been perfect for PCX. Yep 'out of stock' at revzilla.... boooooooooooo