Oxford Grips

Having trouble? Need more info on something mechanical? Ask here!

Moderator: Modsquad

Toonman
Year: 2015
Color: Black

Oxford Grips

Post by Toonman »

I've just took my 2015 pcx in to have Oxford of722 grips fitted. However the garage has rang and said they are to small it. I thought off a previous post that these were the right ones. Does anyone have any ideas around this?
beegmouse
Regular User
Regular User

Re: Oxford Grips

Post by beegmouse »

I had a 2013 and they fit fine.

I dunno if your garage just haven't fitted oxfords before.

They are tight, and they are meant to be.

The compatibility issue is that the plastic throttle tube is ribbed and molded to the rubber grip.

the old one has to be gut off. All the ribs cut off with a knife then the tube sanded smooth.

Then the oxfords go on.

I suspect they just don't wan to do it.
Toonman

Post by Toonman »

It's all sorted now, they had to basically do what the lad said in an earlier post. Very happy with them.
ONTWOWHEELS
Regular User
Regular User
Color: WHITE

Post by ONTWOWHEELS »

Can you please help me in some qestions i have ?

Are the oxford heated grips connected staight to the battery or are they connected to the originall harness of the pcx somehow ?

I' m asking this because some fellow riders connect them staight to the battery and there is the risk of someone to put them on by accident or on purpose and drain the battery.

I have also heated OEM HONDA grips to my SH 300 but they give with them the originall harness and you connect them without cutting any cables of the bike.

See a video of their installation (i'm wondering is it the same to PCX?) :
HONDA PCX 125 /2015 - HONDA PCX 150/2016
Alibally
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2019

Post by Alibally »

I've got them onto the battery , but it was only for quickness. I'm going to wire them though the ignition via a relay tho take the load off the ignition circuit when I get a spare hour on day.
ONTWOWHEELS
Regular User
Regular User

Post by ONTWOWHEELS »

Alibally wrote:I've got them onto the battery , but it was only for quickness. I'm going to wire them though the ignition via a relay tho take the load off the ignition circuit when I get a spare hour on day.
Thank you for your answer.

If it's easy for you when you have the job done please tell me what colour of cables you used for connekting them to the ignition circuit and what relay.
If it'possible a photo would help the best.
Thank you in advance.

PS : Connecting OEM is very simple just following written instructions and they take the power from the headlight.
But OEM have the triple price plus unfortunatelly.
E. Foster Salsbury
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2015 NSS300A

Post by E. Foster Salsbury »

ONTWOWHEELS wrote:Can you please help me in some qestions i have ?

Are the oxford heated grips connected staight to the battery or are they connected to the originall harness of the pcx somehow ?

I' m asking this because some fellow riders connect them staight to the battery and there is the risk of someone to put them on by accident or on purpose and drain the battery.

I have also heated OEM HONDA grips to my SH 300 but they give with them the originall harness and you connect them without cutting any cables of the bike.

See a video of their installation (i'm wondering is it the same to PCX?) :
The Oxford Heaterz I put on my Forza 300 has "Intelligent Battery Protection"
They recommend connecting straight to the battery.

Battery saving mode (BSM)

This amazing new feature recognizes if either the battery voltage falls too low, or it’s high enough but suspiciously quiet (ie. the engine has stopped)

When in this state, the BSM LED flashes, the power LED still lights as normal, and the button still works - but the grips don’t actually get powered.

As soon as the battery voltage recovers and/or there’s a bit of noise on the power supply, the ‘battery saving’ LED goes out and the grips work as normal

The controller goes into BSM after 5 seconds of the voltage being less than 11.5V, or after 2 minutes of not detecting any noise on the 12V power lead. Once in this mode, it will wait a further 5 minutes or thereabouts before switching off completely.

If the rider does not want or like this feature, the BSM can be disabled by switching the controller on and then pressing and holding both buttons together for 5 seconds.

During this time, the BSM LED will indicate whether the BSM feature is currently enabled (LED on) or disabled (LED off).

After 5 seconds the state of the LED will change, and the user can let go of the buttons.

The controller remembers this state permanently, or until the user switches it back by repeating the above procedure
Salsbury
2015 Forza 300ABS-2km 10/17/2015
ONTWOWHEELS
Regular User
Regular User

Post by ONTWOWHEELS »

Hello E. Foster Salsbury, thank you for the very usefull feedbuck for this modell of OXFORD grips.

Thiis is exactly what i was looking for.
OEM HONDA has the same system on theirs but they cost away too much more comparing to OXFORD.
Of course they are not connected staight to the battery but there is the same system if the voltage drops too low.

The price of OXFORD is more than 50% lower than OEM's price.

The only thing that must be searched is if they fit to the handlebars of PCX and YAMAHA CYGNUS X (for my other daughter). They say that fit to 22mm hanlebars but i assume they will fit because i 've allready put to the YAMAHA grips i used to have on SH 300 and they fit just fine. Now PCX will be examined. ;)

Thank you very much, problem solved, greetings to Canada !
E. Foster Salsbury
Regular User
Regular User

Should fit standard motorcycle bars of 22mm. You have to sand down the ridges on the throttle tube.

Here's the length of 3 different ones. I put the Touring on my Forza 300 and didn't trim.

0F690Z Adventure Grip Standard Length 5.19" can be trimmed to 4.8"
OF691Z Touring Grip Standard Length 4.72" can be trimmed to 4.33"
OF692Z Sport Grip Standard Length 4.84" can be trimmed to 4.48"

Glad I could help!
Salsbury
ONTWOWHEELS
Regular User
Regular User

Post by ONTWOWHEELS »

E. Foster Salsbury wrote:Should fit standard motorcycle bars of 22mm. You have to sand down the ridges on the throttle tube.

Here's the length of 3 different ones. I put the Touring on my Forza 300 and didn't trim.

0F690Z Adventure Grip Standard Length 5.19" can be trimmed to 4.8"
OF691Z Touring Grip Standard Length 4.72" can be trimmed to 4.33"
OF692Z Sport Grip Standard Length 4.84" can be trimmed to 4.48"

Glad I could help!
Yes you are right i have allready seen it to the OXFORD home page of the product.
Thank you very much again ! :D
E. Foster Salsbury
Regular User
Regular User

Just for future reference; stock Forza 300 throttle grip is 4.53"
Salsbury