Tool kit

General Honda Forza 300 chat, questions about the Forza, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

Flybywyre
Year: 2016
Color: Silver

Tool kit

Post by Flybywyre »

I have recently purchased a new Forza NS300 AD and I love it.
All of the documentation that came with the scooter indicate there should be a tool kit but I can't find one.
The Honda dealer I bought it from have told me it doesn't come with a tool kit.
Can anyone throw any light on this?
Thank you.
homie
Prestige
Prestige
Year: 2015 PCX150
Color: Pearl White

Re: Tool kit

Post by homie »

Forza dosen't need a tool kit... all work is under warranty or recall
Flybywyre

Post by Flybywyre »

homie wrote:Forza dosen't need a tool kit... all work is under warranty or recall
It does need a tool kit if you want to use the flat spanner to adjust the rear suspension.

However the question is not if it "needs one".

The question is if one is "supplied with the scooter" as indicated in the paperwork and the owners manual.

Do you know the answer?
Richard
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2014
Color: Black

Post by Richard »

Mine is under the seat, at the rear, a piece lifts out amd ir is under there....if you cant find it, let me know and I wll post pics.
davenowherejones
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by davenowherejones »

Richard wrote:Mine is under the seat, at the rear, a piece lifts out amd ir is under there....if you cant find it, let me know and I wll post pics.
Mine was there also but I get real nervous without tools because I go huge distances to the middle of nowhere. I bought a ladies makeup bag at the dollar store that could hold a decent lunch and filled it up with tools. I put it in the front of the underseat compartment because it is hard to reach anything else there. I probably have 10 pounds of tools and still not enough.
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

davenowherejones wrote:
Richard wrote:Mine is under the seat, at the rear, a piece lifts out amd ir is under there....if you cant find it, let me know and I wll post pics.
Mine was there also but I get real nervous without tools because I go huge distances to the middle of nowhere. I bought a ladies makeup bag at the dollar store that could hold a decent lunch and filled it up with tools. I put it in the front of the underseat compartment because it is hard to reach anything else there. I probably have 10 pounds of tools and still not enough.

How often do you need to use them?
davenowherejones
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

you you wrote:
davenowherejones wrote:

How often do you need to use them?
More often than I thought. I ride too much and have to replace parts like spark plugs, air filters and do oil changes. Bolts and screws vibrate loose. I have a tire gauge in there. Tools are good.

I would like to add a small hammer. I pulled over at one spot and needed to hit something. There was not a suitable rock within 200 meters. I looked up and down the street. I forget what I was trying to hit. I live surrounded by big jagged mountains and this street was all moss & grass.
Flybywyre

Post by Flybywyre »

Thank you Richard, spot on.
I am surprised that the Honda dealership twice told me that it did not come with a tool kit.

The reason I wanted to know is that the rear suspension can be adjusted with one of the spanners in the kit.
Hopefully I will not need to use it like "You you" and "Davenowherejones" but thanks for your input.

Can't wait for the summer to do some serious touring :)
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

Flybywyre wrote:Thank you Richard, spot on.
I am surprised that the Honda dealership twice told me that it did not come with a tool kit.

The reason I wanted to know is that the rear suspension can be adjusted with one of the spanners in the kit.
Hopefully I will not need to use it like "You you" and "Davenowherejones" but thanks for your input.

Can't wait for the summer to do some serious touring :)

Me too. Sick of rain and salt
davenowherejones
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Me too too, 6 degrees & heavy rain & falling rocks here.
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Post by gn2 »

I took the toolkit out of my Forza because the rattling was doing my head in.
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
Road-Dog
Year: 2015
Color: Red

Post by Road-Dog »

All I keep in my bike is a leatherman tool and my cell to call roadside (Geico) should I have a "system failure". The joke of a tool kit that came with the bike was discarded to a dusty shelf in my garage as soon as I opened it up.
Richard
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Richard »

Road-Dog wrote:All I keep in my bike is a leatherman tool and my cell to call roadside (Geico) should I have a "system failure". The joke of a tool kit that came with the bike was discarded to a dusty shelf in my garage as soon as I opened it up.
n

Why discard it...surely something that is tucked away at the back of the seat, that some have struggled to find is worth leaving in place in case my leatherman is busy opening a bottle or sawing down a tree.
Road-Dog
Year: 2015
Color: Red

Post by Road-Dog »

The removable plastic piece under the seat in the rear was removed to make the area larger. The tool kit that came with the bike was nothing more then a cheap multi screwdriver. My cell and leatherman tool are sufficient to meet my needs and pop a few caps.....for emergencies.
davenowherejones
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Road-Dog wrote:The removable plastic piece under the seat in the rear was removed to make the area larger. The tool kit that came with the bike was nothing more then a cheap multi screwdriver. My cell and leatherman tool are sufficient to meet my needs and pop a few caps.....for emergencies.
My factory tool kit in Canada seemed to have more. Several wrenches, couple of screw drivers, pliers, shock adjusting tool, spark plug socket and a goofy wire for hanging my helmet. The quality was not great but they were functional.
Alibally
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2019

Post by Alibally »

No tool kits complete without a knife and fork. You never know when you'll need it.
SteveP
Regular User
Regular User
Color: red

Post by SteveP »

Flybywyre wrote:I have recently purchased a new Forza NS300 AD and I love it.
All of the documentation that came with the scooter indicate there should be a tool kit but I can't find one.
The Honda dealer I bought it from have told me it doesn't come with a tool kit.
Can anyone throw any light on this?
Thank you.
The "Tool Kit" in my 2014 Forza (USA model) is in a small plastic pouch at the rear of the luggage compartment, as others have mentioned here. It's virtually worthless! Wrap up a few usable tools in a towel and lay them in the deep front section of the luggage compartment.