Brake light

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

Matt1982
Year: 14
Color: White

Brake light

Post by Matt1982 »

Hi everyone I need some help my break light comes on then goes off with my back break but if I use my front break it will stay on till I stop breaking has this happened to anyone else as this is my second pcx and I've never seen this before
homie
Prestige
Prestige
Year: 2015 PCX150
Color: Pearl White

Re: Brake light

Post by homie »

Matt1982 wrote:Hi everyone I need some help my break light comes on then goes off with my back break but if I use my front break it will stay on till I stop breaking has this happened to anyone else as this is my second pcx and I've never seen this before
Brother the back brake light is the one that's operating incorrectly not the front. The rear brake light SHOULD stay on until you are done braking and so should the front. Fix that ASAP

Need to know where you live too, do you have a parking brake in the mix? I see 2014 model so this isn't a new design issue. Adjust your rear drum as per the manual.
chicaboo
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by chicaboo »

Notice how homie said "brake", repeatedly? ;)
JohnL
Ozzie Old Fart
Ozzie Old Fart
Year: 2015
Color: Dark Red

Re: Break light

Post by JohnL »

Thems the breaks (brakes). :D :D
homie
Prestige
Prestige

Post by homie »

chicaboo wrote:Notice how homie said "brake", repeatedly? ;)
I went to youyou school for spelling, grammer and punctuation. I failed or course but so what. Those were fun days :lol:

He will be along shortly and confirm my illiteracy. You either get mad or befriend him... he's a hard man :roll:
chicaboo
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by chicaboo »

I went to a private primary school and had to learn all 3 major forms of English. I'm still suffering to this day...
kramnala58
Mod Emeritus
Mod Emeritus
Color: White is faster

Post by kramnala58 »

Was that really necessary to state in a multinational forum where many do not have English as their first language? I am not saying that is the case in the post you refer to, but lets be respectful to each other.
2010 Honda PCX 125 in Thailand (White) - "White Lightning" Sold in Sept 2017 :(
2009 Yamaha Majesty YP400 in USA (Metalic Titanium) - "The Throne" Sold in June 2020 :(
homie
Prestige
Prestige

Post by homie »

kramnala58 wrote:
Was that really necessary to state in a multinational forum where many do not have English as their first language? I am not saying that is the case in the post you refer to, but lets be respectful to each other.
I didn't notice it until chickaboo mentioned. You guys used to hammer me on things like this... no one cares.

dosent <---I still don't know what this word means but spell checker likes it
doesn't
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

Left Brake Light Switch?

Hi Matt and welcome to our forum(s) :) Hope we can help you solve the problem.
Perhaps have a read here: http://www.hondapcx.org/viewtopic.php?f ... rake+light
Maybe it will shed some light and help you.

I'm sure other members will chime in soon. In the meantime, please do us a favor by adding your location to your profile. Easily done by following my directions below. Your location will help us to help you now and in the future should you need us

Cheers and good luck!
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
chicaboo
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by chicaboo »

kramnala58 wrote:
Friendly education in a comedic light is not disrespectful. :geek: And no, I fully believe matt is a native English speaker.
However, there are lots of examples of disrespect (bordering malicious) by members on here that you have nothing to say about.
If Matt is offended, I am unconcerned, and he can report my dreadful abuse of his feelings just the same as you know I would do.
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: red PCX

Post by Mel46 »

I will not get too involved in this, but I will say that in these modern times there seem to be a greater number of younger people who do not know proper English. I once asked a student why he thought so many of the younger generation where not using English properly, and his reply was that he and his classmates were not mandated to take grammar any more. They were, however, allowed to choose between grammar and literature, literature being the books of their choice. Which would you choose if you were a lazy child?
Another problem I found was that many of the schools were bending over backward to try to be more 'in tune' with the needs of the minorities, and their feelings. If school criteria was hard for them, then the school should make the subjects easier for them, and every other student in the system should wait for them to catch up. With the 'No Child Left Behind' policy in place the kids shouldn't have to work hard to pass. The system will just drop down to their level. Who gets the blame in the end?
I once heard an employer say that a high school diploma means less now than it use to because the kids still can't read and write when they graduate. Once again, who is to blame? Who suffers in the end?
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
Matt1982
Year: 14

Post by Matt1982 »

chicaboo wrote:
kramnala58 wrote:
Friendly education in a comedic light is not disrespectful. :geek: And no, I fully believe matt is a native English speaker.
However, there are lots of examples of disrespect (bordering malicious) by members on here that you have nothing to say about.
If Matt is offended, I am unconcerned, and he can report my dreadful abuse of his feelings just the same as you know I would do.
I'm not offended in any way. I will just remember not to ask anything after a 17 hour shift.
Anyway it has fixed it self for the time being maybe she (pcx) is upset that she might be px for a forza
homie
Prestige
Prestige

Post by homie »

Matt1982 wrote: I'm not offended in any way.
And that's how we roll :lol:
PCX150Rider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2017

Post by PCX150Rider »

I will not get too involved in this, but I will say that in these modern times there seem to be a greater number of younger people who do not know proper English. I once asked a student why he thought so many of the younger generation where not using English properly, and his reply was that he and his classmates were not mandated to take grammar any more. They were, however, allowed to choose between grammar and literature, literature being the books of their choice. Which would you choose if you were a lazy child?
Another problem I found was that many of the schools were bending over backward to try to be more 'in tune' with the needs of the minorities, and their feelings. If school criteria was hard for them, then the school should make the subjects easier for them, and every other student in the system should wait for them to catch up. With the 'No Child Left Behind' policy in place the kids shouldn't have to work hard to pass. The system will just drop down to their level. Who gets the blame in the end?
I once heard an employer say that a high school diploma means less now than it use to because the kids still can't read and write when they graduate. Once again, who is to blame? Who suffers in the end?
And then the media wonders why we are falling so far behind compared to other countries in math and sciences? Three cheers for ball caps, caffeine drinks, and skate boards. . .ye haaaaaa! 8)

BTW IMHO FWIW OMG LOL One thing I've noticed having grown up before the PC (engineers actually used slide rules and calculators were just coming on the scene) and then adjusted and adapted to it is that a lot of younger people today just aren't able to do simple math in their heads. . .or count change for example at a checkout. It's not their fault. I think the school systems have failed them because the focus has been on how to operate the new technology to get your answer. . .what buttons to push. . .what software for what desired result. It's a medical fact that if these kids don't use their brains in certain ways growing up from infancy their brains literally don't become wired (adapt) properly. In other words use it or lose it. They never had it to lose. It truly is a time unlike anything else we've seen on the face of this planet. :?

When I was a kid I remember going to some seminar about the future and the presenter described humans far out into the future as mostly just head and torso with very small arms and legs because they will have developed technology by then to do all the manual work and move them around. Far out eh? ;)

In the mean time I'll ride my scoots and motorcycles and stay tuned to see what happens next. :lol:

One thing for sure is no matter how fast you go in this world you still go around in circles. Hence, what goes around comes around. . . and so the world turns. 8)
Alibally
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2019
Color: Black

Post by Alibally »

Tyre / tire , brake / break . It makes no difference. As long as we know what's meant it matters not a jot.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
homie
Prestige
Prestige

Post by homie »

Since the issue has resolved itself but the thread won't die. How hard would it be for admin to do a little editing for the sleepy eyed, hard working new member from across the pond? (at least the header). I've known WN to clean up after me many times, not just headers but also drunken political tyrants and 2am in the morning.
Alibally
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2019
Color: Black

Post by Alibally »

Title edited as requested.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
homie
Prestige
Prestige

Post by homie »

Well heck if it's that easy just edit all of it, take out the whole aftermath. PLUS ban Chicaboo for noticing it in the first place :lol: :lol: :lol:

I would be a GREAT moderator! WOOT!
chicaboo
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by chicaboo »

Hell yeah, I'm always up for a good banning! :lol:

Matt: You're a good sport. Good luck with your broken breaking brakes. :P
PCX150Rider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2017

Post by PCX150Rider »

Well heck if it's that easy just edit all of it, take out the whole aftermath. PLUS ban Chicaboo for noticing it in the first place :lol: :lol: :lol:

I would be a GREAT moderator! WOOT!
In the end everything works out. . .

PPM. . .Posters Per Minute. . .we aren't trying hard enough. Must tell others. . .but get to the river before sunset. . .the canoes will be waiting. :D