General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

dh97007

Post by dh97007 »

I've got a 2011 White PCX 125 and just joined this forum. I'm planning on getting my scooter all geared up for camping and longer trips, so I'll post my progress as I go.

I live in Portland, OR, so I'll be figuring out how to deal with the cold and the rain...

I've previously owned a Ruckus 50 and two different metro 50s (as well as a buch of different motorcycles).

Honda is my brand of choice when it comes to cars, scooter and motorcycles.

I'm having issues getting my flickr images into my post, so I'll update as soon as I get it figured out.

Thanks!

Dan
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Re: New Member

Post by WhiteNoise »

Welcome aboard! I have a white too :D best color! About adding photos, there is a thread under the "Off Topic" forum on How To add your pics. Have you checked there yet? Good luck with your cold rides, gear up in layers for warmth. The cold & I do Not get along :|
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
Taz
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Taz »

dh97007 wrote:...

I'm having issues getting my flickr images into my post, so I'll update as soon as I get it figured out.

Thanks!

Dan
Yep White is nice though I like the red and white ones in Thailand. Regarding flickr, simple copy and paste the BBCode from the 'Share' option in Flickr. flickr allows you to decide the size, eg 640 x 480.
dh97007

Post by dh97007 »

WhiteNoise wrote:Welcome aboard! I have a white too :D best color! About adding photos, there is a thread under the "Off Topic" forum on How To add your pics. Have you checked there yet? Good luck with your cold rides, gear up in layers for warmth. The cold & I do Not get along :|

Thanks for the tip. I was getting an error about the size of the pics ("unable to determine size...") but I got it sorted m

I love the white color. My wife wanted me to get black because its so "cool" but I didn't like the idea of being invisible at night.
dh97007

Post by dh97007 »

Taz wrote:
dh97007 wrote:...

Thanks!

Dan
Yep White is nice though I like the red and white ones in Thailand. Regarding flickr, simple copy and paste the BBCode from the 'Share' option in Flickr. flickr allows you to decide the size, eg 640 x 480.

Yeah I've Serena lot of cool versions of the scoot in Thailand and they seem to have great accessories too. Thanks for the tip on the pics, I got it sorted out the way you described.
Black Bandit
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Black Bandit »

dh97007 wrote:
WhiteNoise wrote:Welcome aboard! I have a white too :D best color! About adding photos, there is a thread under the "Off Topic" forum on How To add your pics. Have you checked there yet? Good luck with your cold rides, gear up in layers for warmth. The cold & I do Not get along :|
My wife wanted me to get black because its so "cool" but I didn't like the idea of being invisible at night.
:lol: thats what bike lights are for I think
dh97007

Post by dh97007 »

Black Bandit wrote:
dh97007 wrote:
My wife wanted me to get black because its so "cool" but I didn't like the idea of being invisible at night.
:lol: thats what bike lights are for I think
Very true. I will actually be looking to add some reflectors to the new storage box.
Black Bandit
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Black Bandit »

When I was first choosing what color to buy, I always thought bought the WHITE version. Looks sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeet. But almost everybody who owns a PCX here in Thailand have a white one!!! So in the end, lets get black so everybody HATES black here! :D
dh97007

Post by dh97007 »

Lol. I've seen a lot of multicolor pcxs. Is that a factory option or a custom thing?
Black Bandit
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Black Bandit »

Right there are 3 combinations here in Thailand:

Black body with red consoles
White body with red consoles
Red body with black consoles (same as the 125cc version)

Next year there is an ALL BLACK version coming out. Looks sweet! But still the gearbox and rear swing arm still has the same dull gray color. Only the front forks will be black.

Mine's the Black with red console version.
dh97007

Post by dh97007 »

That's really nice. I like the duo tone a lot. Here we have had black, red, or white. White was actually discontinued with the 125 (now the 150) so I got the "last one".
Living_Legend

Post by Living_Legend »

Black Bandit wrote:Right there are 3 combinations here in Thailand:

Black body with red consoles
White body with red consoles
Red body with black consoles (same as the 125cc version)

Next year there is an ALL BLACK version coming out. Looks sweet! But still the gearbox and rear swing arm still has the same dull gray color. Only the front forks will be black.

Mine's the Black with red console version.
Mr Black Bandit,
here in Malaysia, Honda sells only All Black + Black consoles, Grey Body + Black consoles and White body + Red Consoles..

i'm thinking to get All Black PCX 150.. but i really like the Black body with Red Consoles, the one which is sold for Thailand market.. do u think i can buy the red consoles in Hatyai, Thailand?
www.globe-rider.blogspot.com
Black Bandit
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Black Bandit »

Living_Legend ofcourse you can order the consoles here. Come pick em up when they arrive and drive back to Malaysia, in a car obviously. Come here and visit, we can go check it out together mate.
Living_Legend

Post by Living_Legend »

Black Bandit wrote:Living_Legend ofcourse you can order the consoles here. Come pick em up when they arrive and drive back to Malaysia, in a car obviously. Come here and visit, we can go check it out together mate.
www.globe-rider.blogspot.com
maddiedog
Benevolent Overlord
Benevolent Overlord
Year: 2011
Color: White

Post by maddiedog »

Welcome to the forums, Dan!

Ruckuses are cool bikes, I went on a ride through the mountains in TN and NC with a few Rucks last year: http://hondapcx.org/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=85
Currently ride: 2011 Honda PCX 125 - Upgraded windshield and seat, keeping this one mostly stock
Previously rides: 2005 V-Strom DL650, 1974 Vespa Ciao, 2011 Honda PCX 170 (tons of mods - takegawa 170cc big bore kit, gears, etc), 1996 Honda Nighthawk 250, 1987 Honda Spree, 2000 KTM 125SX, 2003 Honda Silverwing, 2007 Genuine Buddy 125, 1998 Honda PC800, 2008 Buddy 125 (white), 2008 Buddy 125 (red), 2001 Honda Reflex, 1987 Honda Elite, 1988 Honda Spree, 2007 Yamaha Vino, 2007 Honda Metro, 2x 125cc pure-chinesium dirt bikes
Black Bandit
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Black Bandit »

Nice album that one. Loved what you did with the bike :D