Hello from a new PCX owner

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

MotorMike
Year: 2016
Color: Dark Candy Red

Hello from a new PCX owner

Post by MotorMike »

Hi everyone!
I recently purchased a mint 2016 Dark Candy PCX with 437 miles. Reading the posts on this forum helped me to make the decision to buy the PCX over the Kymco and Yamaha competitors, so thank you!

I’ve been riding motorcycles for 20 years, but this is my first scooter. I’ve only put about 50 miles on it so far but it’s been a blast to ride. It’s plenty quick for the roads I ride on, and it’s so light! I really debated whether to buy a 150 or a larger 200+cc scooter, but I’m happy with the PCX’s performance. I planned on doing some engine mods, but after riding it I don’t think it’s necessary for what I use the scooter for.

Here she is...
Attachments
01830CCB-A98F-4605-AB74-68E90774A5CA.jpeg
01830CCB-A98F-4605-AB74-68E90774A5CA.jpeg (78.17 KiB) Viewed 1234 times
Motorcycles are like women... they are fun to ride for a while but eventually you’ll want something else.
Brando
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2018
Color: Pearl White

Re: Hello from a new PCX owner

Post by Brando »

MotorMike wrote:Hi everyone!
I recently purchased a mint 2016 Dark Candy PCX with 437 miles. Reading the posts on this forum helped me to make the decision to buy the PCX over the Kymco and Yamaha competitors, so thank you!

I’ve been riding motorcycles for 20 years, but this is my first scooter. I’ve only put about 50 miles on it so far but it’s been a blast to ride. It’s plenty quick for the roads I ride on, and it’s so light! I really debated whether to buy a 150 or a larger 200+cc scooter, but I’m happy with the PCX’s performance. I planned on doing some engine mods, but after riding it I don’t think it’s necessary for what I use the scooter for.

Here she is...
Welcome, MotorMike. She's a beauty. Great choice! When I was buying my 2018 Pearl White, the dealership had a '16 of your color, brand new. I think it's a very attractive red. I would have bought it but the price incentive wasn't low enough to justify not going with a current model. I also looked at the SMAX and although the specs looked good on paper, in the end, I liked the design and ergonomics of the PCX better. And the Pearl White is just beautiful too.
Current Rides: 2018 Honda PCX 150 and 2018 KTM Duke 390
Previous Rides: KTM 690 SMR, Suzuki SV650, '79 Honda CB400 Hawk
MotorMike

Post by MotorMike »

The white is very nice, I had a hard time deciding between the two. There was a white 2015 with a few more miles for about $400 more. It was 2hrs away, so I opted for the 2016 since it was closer.
Motorcycles are like women... they are fun to ride for a while but eventually you’ll want something else.
springer1
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Color: white

Post by springer1 »

Bravo, nice choice !!!
kramnala58
Mod Emeritus
Mod Emeritus
Color: White is faster

Post by kramnala58 »

Welcome! I love the color. Way better than the original red of the older models. It looks rich.
2010 Honda PCX 125 in Thailand (White) - "White Lightning" Sold in Sept 2017 :(
2009 Yamaha Majesty YP400 in USA (Metalic Titanium) - "The Throne" Sold in June 2020 :(
MotorMike

Post by MotorMike »

Thanks, I think so too.

I can’t believe that I got it for $2200, it’s such a nice bike.

I keep looking for any opportunity to ride it.

I originally wanted a Vespa 300gts, but after test driving one, I knew I wanted something smaller and lighter. Also, every Vespa dealer in Pittsburgh has closed.
Denny
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2021
Color: Black

Post by Denny »

Nice purchase, I just got the same color yesterday for the same price. But mine has more miles, a small scrape, and no owners manual. But over here in the PNW I think I got a good deal. The dealerships here would probably be asking like $2700-$2800 for a PCX like yours.
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: red PCX

Post by Mel46 »

Considering that the list price on the 2019 is somewhere around $3699 - $3999, if you can get a used one for a lot less, why not? We bought our 2013 models way back when they were the only 150cc Hondas offered in our area, and I still love them both.

A lot of changes have come along since that time, but with all of the changes I have made to my bikes I don't see the changes as that important (aside from the addition of front ABS and the wider tires on the newest model). Certainly, the improvements are good, but if you can get a good deal on a used one, I would say go for it.
Last edited by Mel46 on Sun Aug 26, 2018 10:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

Hello Mike enjoy your Bike! Shoot, I know you will! Loverly color that newer Red 8)
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
MotorMike

Post by MotorMike »

Thanks! I’m really enjoying it so far.
ChillEDog
Year: 2019
Color: Grey/Black

Post by ChillEDog »

Not a fan of red generally but absolutely love your color scheme. Just got a new 2019 model and the color is silver/grey (they have some fancy name for it) which I like fine but yours, oh my, jealous !
Brando
Regular User
Regular User
Color: Pearl White

Post by Brando »

ChillEDog wrote:Not a fan of red generally but absolutely love your color scheme. Just got a new 2019 model and the color is silver/grey (they have some fancy name for it) which I like fine but yours, oh my, jealous !
You have the "Metallic Bronze" then? How do you like the color? I could have waited for a 2019 model but I just knew that the one color option wasn't going to work for me. I opted for 2018 Pearl White.
Current Rides: 2018 Honda PCX 150 and 2018 KTM Duke 390
Previous Rides: KTM 690 SMR, Suzuki SV650, '79 Honda CB400 Hawk
MotorMike

Post by MotorMike »

I saw the silver today and it looks really slick.
ChillEDog
Year: 2019
Color: Grey/Black

Post by ChillEDog »

Brando wrote:
ChillEDog wrote:Not a fan of red generally but absolutely love your color scheme. Just got a new 2019 model and the color is silver/grey (they have some fancy name for it) which I like fine but yours, oh my, jealous !
You have the "Metallic Bronze" then? How do you like the color? I could have waited for a 2019 model but I just knew that the one color option wasn't going to work for me. I opted for 2018 Pearl White.
yes, "Bright Bronze Metallic" they call it...whatevs...It's silver. :)

I like it fine, silver has always been my car color. My purchase was mostly a matter of walking into the dealership, they had one left, and it looked good (real good) to me, so I bought it. Not that it would have mattered since, as you say, there's only one color for 2019 ! I can tell you, if there were two models side by side one silver and one like the OP's (red/black) I probably would choose the red/black.
Martin J
Color: Black

Post by Martin J »

I like the red, but my dealer only had black or white left in stock. (I had the black one)
Yamaha 900 Diversion '96
Suzuki GS550E '81
Benelli TRK502 '21
Honda PCX 125 '18