iPhone X

Anything and everything not related to anything else on this site.

Moderator: Modsquad

Jge64
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 18 300 xmax
Color: White

Re: iPhone X

Post by Jge64 »

homie wrote:Oh my GOD! I have a business, tracking packages, fielding customers that send me images in text prior to closing a sale. Watching bank accounts, stock market, notifications from every where concerning anything from exercise to calories consumed and heart monitoring. A thousand customers following on Facebook, Twitter and other service industry websites. Craigslist, offerup, 6 email addresses by two separate providers, the weather channel, iheart radio for Limbaugh in one ear and spotify in the other.... flip phone REALLY?

Give me the most powerful cell phone on the planet and I will gladly pay whatever for it.
Must be nice to be retired :roll:
I'm retired, but I agree with you. I have about eight different things that I keep track of; investments, friends, sites etc. a flip phone is out of the question. I can't wait till I get home to check on things… I need some things NOW....Especially when you're daytrading to a degree.
Glen
‘15 PCX build thread here:
https://www.hondapcx.org/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4640
Current: ‘18 XMAX 300 & ‘22 NAVI
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

Will it stop the sky falling.
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

homie wrote:Oh my GOD! I have a business, tracking packages, fielding customers that send me images in text prior to closing a sale. Watching bank accounts, stock market, notifications from every where concerning anything from exercise to calories consumed and heart monitoring. A thousand customers following on Facebook, Twitter and other service industry websites. Craigslist, offerup, 6 email addresses by two separate providers, the weather channel, iheart radio for Limbaugh in one ear and spotify in the other....:

That all seems terribly important.
JohnL
Ozzie Old Fart
Ozzie Old Fart
Year: 2015
Color: Dark Red

Post by JohnL »

I'll stick to drugs they're less addictive :lol: :lol: :lol:
PCX150Rider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2017

Post by PCX150Rider »

Can you hear me now? :lol:

gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Post by gn2 »

Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by gn2 »

Not everyone knows that the technology which makes mobile phone communication possible was invented and patented by the actress Hedy Lamarr.

http://www.women-inventors.com/Hedy-Lammar.asp
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
PCX150Rider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by PCX150Rider »

Hedy Lammarr had looks and brains! ;)
JohnL
Ozzie Old Fart
Ozzie Old Fart
Year: 2015
Color: Dark Red

Post by JohnL »

Not to confused with Hedley Lamarr :lol: :lol: :lol:
homie
Prestige
Prestige
Year: 2015 PCX150
Color: Pearl White

Post by homie »

HA! the iphoneX rocked record sales and put the naysayers in their place. Apple stock had dipped over negative press trying to say no one liked the new features on iphone 10 but OH yea they are sooooooo FAKE! Android's actually the one taking it in the shorts all along and it was their sales trending lower.

Don't fall for it when the next version of iphone comes out, it's all just BS brought on by haters hoping, wishing, dreaming everything sucks and then the truth always comes out......GREATER THAN EVER HOOT!
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by gn2 »

homie wrote:HA! the iphoneX rocked record sales
Source?
homie
Prestige
Prestige
Year: 2015 PCX150
Color: Pearl White

Post by homie »

gn2 wrote:
homie wrote:HA! the iphoneX rocked record sales

Source?
I actually heard it from Limbaugh but you can pick one https://www.google.com/search?q=apple+i ... 90&bih=604
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by gn2 »

Hmm, you're being taken in by hype.
The stories do not feature big on unit sales, they lead on cash numbers.

Suppliers report lower than expected demand for componentry used in the X
https://www.theregister.co.uk/2018/05/0 ... e_letdown/

As for Apple -v- Android, there's nothing you can do to hide the fact of which is most popular.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/266 ... g-systems/
Mister Paul
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2014

Post by Mister Paul »

homie wrote:HA! the iphoneX rocked record sales and put the naysayers in their place. Apple stock had dipped over negative press trying to say no one liked the new features on iphone 10 but OH yea they are sooooooo FAKE! Android's actually the one taking it in the shorts all along and it was their sales trending lower.

Don't fall for it when the next version of iphone comes out, it's all just BS brought on by haters hoping, wishing, dreaming everything sucks and then the truth always comes out......GREATER THAN EVER HOOT!
Are you not curious that people attach themselves to an item in the hope that it would say something better about them?

It's like taking ownership of a sports team.
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

Mister Paul wrote:
homie wrote:HA! the iphoneX rocked record sales and put the naysayers in their place. Apple stock had dipped over negative press trying to say no one liked the new features on iphone 10 but OH yea they are sooooooo FAKE! Android's actually the one taking it in the shorts all along and it was their sales trending lower.

Are you not curious that people attach themselves to an item in the hope that it would say something better about them?

It's like taking ownership of a sports team.
It’s an economic term “conspicuous consumption”. Generally driven by insecurity.
easyrider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2013
Color: blk

Post by easyrider »

I use Android and have found it to be very user friendly. Never had any issues ever. I am sure the I phone is a good one . I used to listen to Limbaugh all the time until I found out he is into fake news big time as well. Sooo now I believe what I see and only half of that.
PCX150Rider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by PCX150Rider »

Bigger is better. . .or is it? ;)

Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: red PCX

Post by Mel46 »

From what i have seen, those who wish to present a "high class" front will purchase iphones, while those who just want their phones to keep up with normal daily activities without costing too much will go for the android based cellphone.

I have actually seen families going into Starbucks with everyone in the family on their phones at the same time. This included children as young as 4 or 5 years old...and every one of those phones was an Apple iPhone. Really?? For a child?
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers