First service day UK

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

cnikonpete
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2019
Color: red

First service day UK

Post by cnikonpete »

Just had my first service,92 mile round trip and £75 to get that stamp in the service book.

Was against my natural Scrooge like nature,but I weighed up saving the money and doing the oil change myself and possible arguments about the warranty being broken.

Met an even older rider having his Nmax first serviced,his break in procedure was 1/3 throttle for so many miles,then 1/2 throttle for the next so many miles.

The result was he never exceeded 25mph for a month or two,this proved that I am not the only person that over worrying affects.

The bike did feel even better after the oil change,so maybe it's not a myth that the new bike oil slows it down a tad. I downloaded an app!!! for GPS speedo that works out your max speed besides other things. I wasn't shocked to find that when the bike speedo had recorded 70mph the app had recorded 65mpph, I'm sure that was on the flat,with a fairly brisk cross wind,so I'm very pleased with the performance.

I wasn't looking forward to riding on the dual carriageway, but found that the PCX handled it fine,partly due to me being more used to the bike,but mostly with it getting so much more responsive.
I really love this little bike and am so glad to be making the most of it.

I
Martin J
Year: 2018
Color: Black

Re: First service day UK

Post by Martin J »

My scrooge-like nature won, and I did my own first service at about 520 miles last week.
£75 for less than a litre of quality oil is too much for me to stomach, I'm afraid. I bought enough Shell fully synthetic 5w30 sufficient for five oil changes for £20.

And yes, I love this little scooter too! :D
Yamaha 900 Diversion '96
Suzuki GS550E '81
Benelli TRK502 '21
Honda PCX 125 '18