41°F, mist, 21mph wind~ what's not to LIKE!?

Pictures of your scooter, ride reports, and day trips.

Moderator: Modsquad

fish
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

41°F, mist, 21mph wind~ what's not to LIKE!?

Post by fish »

I don't like riding behind any windscreen - so I don't.
But have learned that it is no problem in sporty conditions if I wear heated glove liners ~ and have absolutely every bit of skin covered from the wind!
(the whole kit includes armored Slider Kevlar jeans under Froggtogg rain pants, leather ankle boots, armored & lined ICON Sanctuary jacket under lined Occunomix rain/wind jacket, balaclava, leather gauntlet gloves and full-face modular helmet, with ear plugs)

Scoot is really quiet going 35mph with a 20 mph tail wind!

Fish

WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Re: 41°F, mist, 21mph wind~ what's not to LIKE!?

Post by WhiteNoise »

Nice! There's that beauty scoot again. "Like" it (still) 8)
Yes! dressed for the occasion, and riding with respect. I'm smilin'
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Post by gn2 »

I'm still liking your Like.
Prefer it to the newer style.
The two-tone blue/white is the best colour scheme for the Like imo.
In the UK we've had the usual black, grey, white, a pale powder blue and I think a pale diarrhea beige, but no two tones.
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
fish
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by fish »

gn2 wrote:I'm still liking your Like.
Prefer it to the newer style.
The two-tone blue/white is the best colour scheme for the Like imo.
In the UK we've had the usual black, grey, white, a pale powder blue and I think a pale diarrhea beige, but no two tones.
One of the very few pix of it unmolested after purchase - just fitting the crash bar on in the back yard. Awaiting the front fender piece. Still stock mirrors, case and seat.
Couldn't see with the mirrors, wanted rear lighted case for night work commutes, and seat was pretty but painful due to seatpan ridge at my tailbone. Still have the stock seat in closet....purchased another LIKE seat on ebay for $35 to rebuild.

Afraid they won't be calling you for help with the brochure, "...and popular color options include pale diarrhea beige...."

Salesman started writing up a red one for me, then clear across the shop, by the helmets, I found the two-tone LX version: "Hold it!, I want this one."

Reliable for 6 yrs and dead easy to service.
fish
Old Grinner
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Old Grinner »

I sat on a "pale diarrhea beige" one back in 2013 at the local Honda dealer. They had a PCX 125 on the floor also. Sat on that too. The salesman started it up indoors and even gave me a brand new free Honda T-Shirt but I just wasn't ready to pull the trigger and buy anything that day. Still have the T-Shirt. But I don't still have my PCX. :(

The Like has some nice styling cues and practical features but I can totally understand why you had the seat rebuild. :geek:
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: red PCX

Post by Mel46 »

Right now it is 79°F and no wind. Humidity is 55%. The high today will be 88°. Very nice day for riding. I do believe that Spring has fully sprung.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

fish wrote:I don't like riding behind any windscreen - so I don't.
But have learned that it is no problem in sporty conditions if I wear heated glove liners ~ and have absolutely every bit of skin covered from the wind!
(the whole kit includes armored Slider Kevlar jeans under Froggtogg rain pants, leather ankle boots, armored & lined ICON Sanctuary jacket under lined Occunomix rain/wind jacket, balaclava, leather gauntlet gloves and full-face modular helmet, with ear plugs)

Scoot is really quiet going 35mph with a 20 mph tail wind!

Fish

Your endless early morning pictures of scooters are great.

Most people take pictures of people. Family. Or just enjoy the moment. What is going on Fish?
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

Mel46 wrote:Right now it is 79°F and no wind. Humidity is 55%. The high today will be 88°. Very nice day for riding. I do believe that Spring has fully sprung.

Strangely, for once we seem to be ahead of you with the weather. We normally get the tail end of what you are experiencing but we seem to be basking in what is passing from the Mediterranean.
Cube
Office Minion
Office Minion
Year: 2018
Color: Dark Pearl Blue

Post by Cube »

It snowed last night and off and on today, looks like more tonight. I hate all of you who currently have nice riding weather.
2018 Dark Pearl Blue PCX150
2007 Cyber Silver Metallic Silver Wing
2014 Glowing Red Forza 300