Back on the road again !!

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

Docscooter2010
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2019
Color: PCX Black

Back on the road again !!

Post by Docscooter2010 »

Hi everyone
This is my first post on the pcx forum. Tell you a little about myself, I am 55 years old and retired, very young at heart. At the moment I am waiting for delivery of my new 2019 pcx in Black. Foolishly when I retired last year I thought I would no longer need a scooter to get to work on and the odd weekend ride out, so I sold my Honda forza 125, only had it for a year. You are never to old to make mistakes!! Feel like a prisoner in my own home, that's the reason for buying the pcx. Had one in 2011, the one with the seat hump, looking forward to getting out and about again .
Should be here Wednesday. I will post again to let you know what it's like. Thanks for reading .
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: red PCX

Re: Back on the road again !!

Post by Mel46 »

Foolish man! Retired and looking forward to fun, riding, and all the other things retirement brings! No!!
Instead, you must sit in the dark. You must not have fun! You must think about all of the fun others are having! You must not smile!

:lol: :roll:

When I retired I purchased a scooter and life has never been the same. With a PCX you get to 'see' the back roads that you use to drive through without looking at. You get to make new friends. ...and if you want to, you get to wash and shine up your shining new toy...and be proud of it.

Just don't ride where scooter thefts are high, like some places in London. There have been a few on this forum who have lost their scooters to thieves. It isn't a fun thing to have happen.

Otherwise, ride! Have fun! Welcome to our forum! ...and please go into your profile and add your general location, which is obviously NOT the United States (we don't have any Forza 125s, and only the oldest PCX is a 125cc).
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
Docscooter2010
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Docscooter2010 »

Thanks for the reply Mel46
Really looking forward to getting the new pcx , As I said I did have one back in 2011 , great scooter , but thought I wanted to try the bigger Forza 125 , for the extra money it wasn't as good as I hoped . Rattle from the screen was so annoying, .I'm located about 350 miles from London , well aware of the problems they have , giving decent scooter owners a terrible reputation. Still very wary on locking my scooter up at all times but you never know what scum is about . Your right about getting back out in the fresh air , keeps you alert and helps clear your mind .
Being retired now for 18 month so hoping to get out for some longer rides .Post again soon , Thanks
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Post by gn2 »

Forza 125 screen rattle, was it the new model with the electric screen?
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
Docscooter2010
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Docscooter2010 »

Hi gn2
No the Forza 125 I had was 2016 model ,you had to pull the screen up by hand , think it went up 5 height positions .
Good scooter but that rattle was a pain , had bits of foam pushed down to try and stop it . Have read the new ones are
electric , let's hope that might solve that problem, the one I had was blue & white Gone back to the pcx just because the forza is way to expensive , about £2000 more . Really only a size thing , Does that really matter ? , not at my age !!!.
Getting my pcx on Wednesday , can't wait ,
Docscooter2010
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Docscooter2010 »

Finally got my Reg number today for the Pcx , took over a week . Got a good deal for insurance £68 for the year , Sorted !!
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

Docscooter2010 wrote:Finally got my Reg number today for the Pcx , took over a week . Got a good deal for insurance £68 for the year , Sorted !!

£68 is good for the year. When do you get the bike?
Docscooter2010
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Docscooter2010 »

If all goes well should be delivered this Wednesday , coming from Hunts in Manchester . Had my other 2011 pcx from them
been pretty good to deal with apart from the delay with the Reg . The way the weather is gonna be this week dont know how many miles I will get in .
big bear
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2016
Color: silver

Post by big bear »

20 miles on the pcx today before it rained again
Docscooter2010
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Docscooter2010 »

Well , done about 50 mile on the pcx , first impressions are pretty good .The ride is a vast improvement on my 2011 one I had , goes over the bumps very well , seat is a lot better without the " hump " , plus you don't slide about on it , old seat was very slippy . Dash is easy to read , like the digital speedo , turn signals are very big so you don't forget to cancel . Getting about 28 miles per litre , think that's about 105 mpg . Overall nothing I don't like , Yeah just remembered , can't fit my helmet under the seat . Can't have everything.
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

In other words: :P
You've joined the club, we're doing the same: :P

Helmet: Get a tail bag, tunnel bag, rack n topcase?
or....
Use the helmet hook on the scoot provided by Honda. The 2019's still have one right? :roll:

Keep on enjoying!
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You