Favorite two wheeler

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

mymitzi
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2013
Color: black

Favorite two wheeler

Post by mymitzi »

Was thinking about my nearly 20 something Bikes, from past years... maybe....an unlikely choice. 1980 Kawasaki KZ 440
Was an air-cooled parallel twin cruiser w belt drive. Just a good all around-er for me. Vibration yes, but not annoying.
Back then, usually had 3 bikes in the garage...... and the KZ was my go to, most of the time. Have only had two scooters.
Forza and PCX. if could only keep one.......maybe the PCX. Either way....just scooters now.
springer1
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2018
Color: white

Re: Favorite two wheeler

Post by springer1 »

A 500cc Triumph twin from mid 60's to early 70's. Low pipe, high pipe, doesn't matter, although a single carb would be preferred.

If you want a fantastic read about a MC journey, try this. One of the very best (if not THE best) books about an extended trip on a motorcycle. Starts solo in England, ships over the Channel, rides to the Med Sea, ships to & rides thru Arica, freighter to Brazil, thru South America, Central America, to USA - alone. Is as much about the people & cultures as about riding. Read the reviews and you'll understand.

https://www.amazon.com/Jupiters-Travels ... 0965478521
fish
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by fish »

springer1 wrote:A 500cc Triumph twin from mid 60's to early 70's. Low pipe, high pipe, doesn't matter, although a single carb would be preferred.

If you want a fantastic read about a MC journey, try this. One of the very best (if not THE best) books about an extended trip on a motorcycle. Starts solo in England, ships over the Channel, rides to the Med Sea, ships to & rides thru Arica, freighter to Brazil, thru South America, Central America, to USA - alone. Is as much about the people & cultures as about riding. Read the reviews and you'll understand.

https://www.amazon.com/Jupiters-Travels ... 0965478521
Free through your library. Drive-up services...
Intra library loan....if your burg doesn't have it.
Fish
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Post by gn2 »

Ducati Pantah 500, was tremendous fun embarrassing 1000cc class jap bikes.

Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
big bear
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2016
Color: silver

Post by big bear »

i like my pcx the best
Gil
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Color: black

Post by Gil »

Same here, of all the two wheeler that i have owned, I like the Honda PCX the best. The highest CC has been 250 cc, most have been scooters though.
ImageImage
  • 2013 Honda PCX 150, NCY Variator kit, Dr Pulley 13g Roller weights
  • IRC and City Grip tires, LED driving lights, Coroplast top box, MFR exhaust, Daytona Windshield.
HondaC110
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2019
Color: Bronze

Post by HondaC110 »

In 57 years of riding, three come to mind...in no particular order.
1980 Harley Davidson FLHS. Stripped Electra Glide. Hands down the most comfortable riding position of any bike I've ever owned. 600 mile days came easy. Toured all over the West with my wife. That bike had the personality of a Golden retriever. Good old Shovelhead.
1986 Harley FXRT. Excellent touring bike and some fun in the twisties. With cam, Supertrapps and footboards, a sweet ride.
2002 Suzuki 1200 Bandit. Did everything one could want, and damn quickly. Pretty, sweet ride.

Jeff
Old Grinner
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Old Grinner »

It's like trying to choose which one of your children is your favorite. Seems impossible. They all have their own characteristics and are all yours . . .. Time spent with them is priceless.

That said "Any day spent on a motorcycle is better than any day at work". Apply it to scooters too! :D

I'd have to say my favorite one was my first one . . .. A '72 Suzuki TC90. It had a gear box lever that would transfer you from 4 speeds street to 4 speeds trail. It never let me down. It was my ticket to a lifetime of riding motorcycles and eventually scooters. I think the gear ratio in first gear trail was something like 48 to 1. The thing would almost climb a wall. :lol:
TC90.jpg
That said I do miss . . . and wish I still had . . . my '73 Yamaha TX650A. 8)
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

Old Grinner wrote:It's like trying to choose which one of your children is your favorite. Seems impossible. They all have their own characteristics and are all yours . . .. Time spent with them is priceless.

That said "Any day spent on a motorcycle is better than any day at work". Apply it to scooters too! :D

I'd have to say my favorite one was my first one . . .. A '72 Suzuki TC90. It had a gear box lever that would transfer you from 4 speeds street to 4 speeds trail. It never let me down. It was my ticket to a lifetime of riding motorcycles and eventually scooters. I think the gear ratio in first gear trail was something like 48 to 1. The thing would almost climb a wall. :lol:
TC90.jpg
That said I do miss . . . and wish I still had . . . my '73 Yamaha TX650A. 8)
I’d have a TC90 now if they still made them.
Old Scoot
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Old Scoot »

Well all I can say the bike I liked least was of the three I had so far being a Heinkel tourist scooter, a Jawa 350 and a Honda 400 Four, was the Jawa.
My favorite will have to wait until I get My Honda Forza 300, then I can tell what my favorite bike is :)
Regular User
Regular User
Color: 15 Forza

Post by 87112 »

My Forza, I have had more 2 wheel toys than any sane person with money responsibility should have.

I have never had a 2 wheel toy last more than 2 riding seasons. I am on my 3rd and see no reason to sell my Forza. Its at almost 16,000 miles now.
:geek:
Scooter_Fever
Year: 2016
Color: Steel grey

Post by Scooter_Fever »

Hands down, Yamaha Road Star. Heavy duty motorcycle, pulled like a freight train, purred at 80 mph, could ride all day and night in comfort. Traded it for 2 pcx’s for the wife and I. We have so much fun on those scooters but I do miss the Road Star. Getting older now and the weight was becoming a concern. Had a Harley wide glide too and loved it but it didnt compare to the Road Star for highway use.
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

Kawasaki KE175 B3 for me please.
Yorkie150
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2018/19
Color: RED

Post by Yorkie150 »

Yamaha RD 350 LC - With the WRANGLER JEANS racing paint job, twin Micron Expansion chamber exhausts .........Why the hell did I sell it :(
https://www.facebook.com/groups/769137659827490/
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Post by gn2 »

Yorkie150 wrote:Yamaha RD 350 LC - With the WRANGLER JEANS racing paint job, twin Micron Expansion chamber exhausts .........Why the hell did I sell it :(
Maybe because the novelty wore off.

I never regretted selling mine and have no desire to ever ride one again.
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
easyrider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Color: blk

Post by easyrider »

Forza 300 checks all my boxes.. Thinking of something in the 650 cruising range but don't want to lose the maneuverability and nimbleness of the FORZA.
springer1
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2018
Color: white

Post by springer1 »

you you wrote:Kawasaki KE175 B3 for me please.
Great bike. You, were the earlier models the ones with fuel tanks prone to splitting / leaking at the center seam, or was that a different bike I'm thinking about ?
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

springer1 wrote:
you you wrote:Kawasaki KE175 B3 for me please.
Great bike. You, were the earlier models the ones with fuel tanks prone to splitting / leaking at the center seam, or was that a different bike I'm thinking about ?

No centre seam on the B3. Have one in the garage :D
Old Grinner
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Old Grinner »

Thinking of something in the 650 cruising range but don't want to lose the maneuverability and nimbleness of the FORZA.
Good luck with that . . .. :D

So that brings us back to bikes.

One thing for sure is you want something as predictable as canned SPAM and canned CORN BEEF. :lol:

That Kawasaki Vulcan S seems to impress . . .. About $8K out the door depending upon taxes etc. ...?

Then there's the Honda Shadow offerings in the 750cc range.

The seat heights are reasonable and they are easier to throw a leg over.

Some will swear by the Suzuki SV 650.

The Yamaha MT 07 is worth a look . . ..

Happy hunting!
Yorkie150
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2018/19
Color: RED

Post by Yorkie150 »

gn2 wrote:Ducati Pantah 500, was tremendous fun embarrassing 1000cc class jap bikes.

like all Italian motorcycles...great to look at but un reliable as hell.....at least my 748 was.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/769137659827490/