Anybody in U.S. pay for Roadside Assistance that wasn't with your insurance company??

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

grndslm
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2013
Color: Black

Anybody in U.S. pay for Roadside Assistance that wasn't with your insurance company??

Post by grndslm »

Geico is giving me the best rate for 2 scooters... But they require comprehensive (I think) in order to add roadside assistance.

So I'm looking into Allstate's Motor Club and AAA and wondering if anybody else has actually used these service before? Allstate's is like $12/mo, but it covers ALL your vehicles, motorcycles, & RVs (check the fine print, tho!)... Plus any other vehicle that your spouse and you ever drive.

Seems worth it to me for all the coverage they give you, but $12/mo certainly could add up. I certainly could've used it once when I got a flat on my bike, but it was easy enough to get a ride to my house and pick up my truck + ramp. Thoughts???
Conelite
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2017
Color: Blue

Re: Anybody in U.S. pay for Roadside Assistance that wasn't with your insurance company??

Post by Conelite »

If you ride further than 50 miles from your house and don't have easy access to a truck or a friend with a truck, I would recommend Roadside.

I ran into this issue when I got a Flat During Super Sunday in 2018, thankfully my brother was in town and we shoved the bike into a Ford Escape. ha ha ha ha.
2017 PCX 150
Wirus Win Exhaust
Steady Garage Intake
Z-Bars
NCY Variator
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Re: Anybody in U.S. pay for Roadside Assistance that wasn't with your insurance company??

Post by you you »

grndslm wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 10:18 am Geico is giving me the best rate for 2 scooters... But they require comprehensive (I think) in order to add roadside assistance.

So I'm looking into Allstate's Motor Club and AAA and wondering if anybody else has actually used these service before? Allstate's is like $12/mo, but it covers ALL your vehicles, motorcycles, & RVs (check the fine print, tho!)... Plus any other vehicle that your spouse and you ever drive.

Seems worth it to me for all the coverage they give you, but $12/mo certainly could add up. I certainly could've used it once when I got a flat on my bike, but it was easy enough to get a ride to my house and pick up my truck + ramp. Thoughts???
Check with Geico?
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Color: red PCX

Post by Mel46 »

I have Geico on all of my vehicles, which includes roadside assistance. It was cheaper to have combined insurance, which has a multi-car discount, than keep my AAA Roadside Assistance along with my auto insurance.

However, when we only had cars I definitely used my AAA a lot! (The advantage of AAA was when we traveled a lot across various state lines. If we had any problems there was always a AAA nearby. We couldn't be as sure about the insurance roadside assistance, so we chose both AAA and the insurance coverage.)
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
grndslm
Regular User
Regular User
Color: Black

Post by grndslm »

Funny seeing this thread here...

I just busted a belt a few days ago on my way into work. Wifey had to swap the baby seat to my truck and load up the ramps, because I sure wasn't leaving it unattended on the highway for more than an hour.

8 months without insurance = $96 saved from not having Allstate's Motor Club. More $$ for Wifey Insurance. Yay!