Northern Nevada PCX

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

Sputnik

Northern Nevada PCX

Post by Sputnik »

I brought my 2013 PCX to its new home in Carson City Nevada last night. I am very excited to own this scooter! I did a lot of research before pulling the trigger on this purchase and am confident this will be the perfect scooter for me. My wife recently got her motorcycle endorsement and bought a Vespa LX 150. I had a Piaggio BV 500. We agreed I would get something smaller so that we could ride together and I wouldn't be leaving her behind. I don't think she realizes how fast my new PCX is :D

Along with reading many independent reviews, I spent some time on this board checking out what folks had to say about the PCX. The valve inspection/adjustment interval is the only real drawback I've discovered. However, being an old retired guy, I'll have plenty of time to do my own maintenance. I want to thank all the posters who have graciously provided so many DIY maintenance posts. Other than for major repairs (which will hopefully never be needed on a Honda), I can't see where my PCX will ever need to visit the dealership again. Thanks for all of the informative posts and I look forward to joining the PCX community.
SeaHawk

Re: Northern Nevada PCX

Post by SeaHawk »

Hiya Sputnik,
I to am a new PCX150 owner an a old retired guy. I also came from larger bikes to this one. I've had it a couple of weeks and love the takeoff power in traffic and the nimbleness.
Can't wait to break in and ride it to the Blue Ridge Parkway.
Ed :roll:
Indyglow
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: Red

Post by Indyglow »

Welcome Sputnik! How many of us are old enough to know what a Sputnik is? Raise your hands.
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

^ :lol: I'll never tell :oops:
Nice intro Sputnik and welcome! This scoot won't disappoint. First suggestion? Get yourself a lock, cause if your wife gives it a go, you may never see her or your scoot again! :lol:
Kidding aside....Enjoy & Safe riding to you both!
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
Driller
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Driller »

Indyglow wrote:Welcome Sputnik! How many of us are old enough to know what a Sputnik is? Raise your hands.
I resemble that remark! 8)
BattlebornScooterist

Post by BattlebornScooterist »

Greetings from Reno! I'll be picking mine up within the month, interested in an old 395 trip to somewhere?
Curators do it Historically!
Sputnik

Post by Sputnik »

BattlebornScooterist wrote:Greetings from Reno! I'll be picking mine up within the month, interested in an old 395 trip to somewhere?
Sounds like a plan! We rode out along Franktown Rd last week. It's a great ride this time of year. Are you buying the red PCX at BVH in Reno? I bought the black one. Justin was great to work with.
BattlebornScooterist

Darnit! the black one was mine! Oh well, I'll have BVH get me another one. 8)

I have been working with Larry and have had no complaints.

Cannot wait! by this time next month I should be grinning from ear to ear on my own black beauty.

Looking forward to a scoot around the area!
Sputnik

Post by Sputnik »

BattlebornScooterist wrote:Darnit! the black one was mine! Oh well, I'll have BVH get me another one. 8)

I have been working with Larry and have had no complaints.

Cannot wait! by this time next month I should be grinning from ear to ear on my own black beauty.

Looking forward to a scoot around the area!
Oh man ......... Sorry about that. I had no idea the black one was reserved. I had to wait for it to become available because it needed a replacement for a panel that got damaged in freight. I'm a huge Nevada Wolf Pack fan so I couldn't get the red one (UNLV Rebel colors). Hope your black one comes in soon. Awesome color!
dasshreddar
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: forzaruckuspcx
Color: black

Post by dasshreddar »

Welcome Nevada guys ;)
Can't wait to see some PCX pics around the Tahoe area. 8)
Sputnik

Post by Sputnik »

dasshreddar wrote:Welcome Nevada guys ;)
Can't wait to see some PCX pics around the Tahoe area. 8)
Thanks-will be happy to oblige. Hope to have the PCX or Vespa with us on many planned Tahoe camping trips this summer.
BattlebornScooterist

I'm from Truckee originally so I will defenitely be scooting around all the areas I used to have to pedal in. Also, higheay 89 North is so on the must ride list.

BVH just told me there will be no issues with getting me a black one all my very own, so no worries!

The wait is killing me though.....
former50cc
Regular User
Regular User

Post by former50cc »

A few years ago I was driving back to Seattle from Las Vegas in my pickup truck after having worked at a trade show. I had multiple jobs: driver, salesman, and set-up guy at the booth. My favorite part of the job was the drive hauling the trade show booth contents. I love driving through Northern Nevada.
I stopped at Crater Lake, Oregon on a side trip. If I had my PCX with me then, I could have tested it in the snow.
Seriously, I really enjoy road trips in Northern Nevada. I wish I could tour with you Nevada guys!
Fantasy Picture:
Attachments
It-could-have-happened.jpg
It-could-have-happened.jpg (141.24 KiB) Viewed 1308 times
BattlebornScooterist

Well? I won't stop you from visiting! More PCX riders the better eh?

I want to see the PCX gang rolling in beautiful settings with big scooter grins on the faces. 8)