Where to get a phone holder for your pcx

Cosmetic accessories, comfort accessories, windshields, luggage racks, etc.

Moderator: Modsquad

Bigbroguerra

Where to get a phone holder for your pcx

Post by Bigbroguerra »

I got my 150 two months back and i realized that having the phone in front of me would be great, especially checking on the time. Any ideas or link? Greatly appreciate it.
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Re: Where to get a phone holder for your pcx

Post by gn2 »

Most clothing will have a suitable pocket for storing your phone while riding.
Switch it off before you put it in there and switch it back on at your destination.
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
Taz
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Taz »

Bicycle handlebar holders such as on e b a y will work. You can get weather proof ones with a pouch.
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

gn2 wrote:Most clothing will have a suitable pocket for storing your phone while riding.
Switch it off before you put it in there and switch it back on at your destination.

Some mobile phones now have what is called a display that can show useful information. I think its this that they would like to see whilst riding
Cracksta
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Cracksta »

I got one of those gps mounts for the handle bar, works well however in the daytime the plastic in front of the screen makes it glary. Still I only use every now and then for sat nav on my Samsung s3 and works fine
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by gn2 »

qed wrote:Some mobile phones now have what is called a display that can show useful information. I think its this that they would like to see whilst riding
Not anywhere near as useful as watching whats going on around you.
Remember: "the sun does not take no prisoners"
Distractions = crashes
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

gn2 wrote:
qed wrote:Some mobile phones now have what is called a display that can show useful information. I think its this that they would like to see whilst riding
Distractions = crashes

Perhaps they may be able to take in more than their surroundings at some point during a ride without crashing?

It could be possible, the world is full of wonders.
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by gn2 »

No doubt, and most people who use mobile phones or satnav while driving can do so without crashing nearly all of the time.
Doesn't make it safe though.
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

gn2 wrote:No doubt, and most people who use mobile phones or satnav while driving can do so without crashing nearly all of the time.
Doesn't make it safe though.
Perhaps they are phoning the emergency services for all the recklessly crashed scooterists

Bless them I say
Cascanciu
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Cascanciu »

Good luck finding one and please, post it if you find a suitable solution. I haven't succeeded when I did my own research.

I live in a town small enough (300.000 souls) that I don't need sat nav on my car/bike. If I need to get to an unknown address, I just check where it is on Google maps on my mobile phone and then head there. It would be different if I lived in Madrid, for example. Then I would be definitely looking for something that could keep my mobile safely attached to the handlebar and protected from the weather.
maddiedog
Benevolent Overlord
Benevolent Overlord
Year: 2011
Color: White

Post by maddiedog »

I have a lifeproof case for my iPhone 4s: https://www.lifeproof.com/

I bought a bike mount for it: http://www.lifeproof.com/shop/accessori ... ike-mount/

And that's worked perfectly for me over many trips and over 5000 miles. :)
Currently ride: 2011 Honda PCX 125 - Upgraded windshield and seat, keeping this one mostly stock
Previously rides: 2005 V-Strom DL650, 1974 Vespa Ciao, 2011 Honda PCX 170 (tons of mods - takegawa 170cc big bore kit, gears, etc), 1996 Honda Nighthawk 250, 1987 Honda Spree, 2000 KTM 125SX, 2003 Honda Silverwing, 2007 Genuine Buddy 125, 1998 Honda PC800, 2008 Buddy 125 (white), 2008 Buddy 125 (red), 2001 Honda Reflex, 1987 Honda Elite, 1988 Honda Spree, 2007 Yamaha Vino, 2007 Honda Metro, 2x 125cc pure-chinesium dirt bikes
Cascanciu
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Cascanciu »

maddiedog wrote:I have a lifeproof case for my iPhone 4s: https://www.lifeproof.com/

I bought a bike mount for it: http://www.lifeproof.com/shop/accessori ... ike-mount/

And that's worked perfectly for me over many trips and over 5000 miles. :)
I'm afraid they just sell those cases for iPhone and Galaxy S3... :|

My current phone is an HTC Desire, which will be replaced tomorrow or day after by a Huawei P1 XL. Wish me luck finding one for it :lol: .
Cracksta
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Cracksta »

dont know the dimension of your new phone but this is what I have got my galaxy S3 and fits good

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/330552132285? ... 1497.l2649

Probaly will fit yours too but do check!

I like this as its in 2 parts, you can screw the handle bar bit on and leave it like this, not intrusive at all, then leave the waterproof pouch under the seat for when you do need it.

Used it a few times but only in the day and the only problem is hard to see through the plastic when its sunny, i dont think it helps when i set my brightness to low (well its on auto) :oops:
HawaiiJ
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by HawaiiJ »

I use a couple of solutions from http://www.rammount.com. I'm using their mounts for both GPS and Iphone, the Iphone mount is the generic x-grip design and will fit a multitude of phones or devices easily. Here's how the x-grip looks with the Iphone, http://www.hondapcx.org/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=440 , you'll need to scroll down to 5th photo.

This solution is not the cheapest but the quality and results are very nice, hope this helps a bit.
vwbike

Post by vwbike »

i got mine at ram mount check them out they have them for all makes and models of phones

http://www.rammount.com/products/motorcycles.htm#/
[URL=http://www.fuelly.com/driver/vwbike/pcx150]Image
Bigbroguerra

Post by Bigbroguerra »

Yeah, someone else recommended that X-grip, ill look into it, thanks everyone
Cascanciu
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Cascanciu »

buddy wrote:Hi,

Here is what i used, i did add some velcro to the bottom then to the case of my xperia z(all phones will fit), it sits very securely and only cost around £5 all in.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/110963821240? ... 1497.l2649
First time I see something that convinces me. The velcro is a good idea, although I would secure it with a small strap or something alike.
sasha82

Post by sasha82 »

gn2 wrote:
Distractions = crashes
I'm going to agree with him. I dont think that your phone has any place in the front of your bike with you. Honestly, the screen can flash when you get a text and distract you. It's something I think you should just keep in your pocket. I would however be interested in getting a saddle bag so I can store more stuff. LOL.
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

sasha82 wrote:
gn2 wrote:
Distractions = crashes
I'm going to agree with him. I dont think that your phone has any place in the front of your bike with you. Honestly, the screen can flash when you get a text and distract you. It's something I think you should just keep in your pocket. I would however be interested in getting a saddle bag so I can store more stuff. LOL.
It might have teeny bit of use as a GPS so you know where you are going and sh1t lol lol sic